Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best children's bank ac

• 02-12-2019 3:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭

Son has an account with BOI.

He is 11 with ASD. He saves every penny of pocket money. They initially gave him online access but took it away. This drove him bananas as he liked knowing exactly how much money he has.

He asked me to ring them but they refused to give balance over phone. He can't get to a bank during opening hours and they won't give me details I. Branch unless hes with me.

During half term he got annoyed and got me to take him in branch withdrew everything and put it in credit union as all I have to do is go in they give me print outs and he can go himself at weekend etc.

However he still has standing order for pocket money going in weekly. He was off school 2 weeks ago and got me to take him in to order a statement from bank and it still has not come and no one will tell myself or dad if it has issued. He needs to go in himself.

He said last night he's sick of it. They never tell him how much money he has and he wants to swop to another bank. Which bank has best bank acs for teenagers

Fwiw he's saving up for a ps5 when they come out.

Advertisement