Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A drop in the ocean

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Snip from the article
    Former Anglo chair Sean Fitzpatrick fined €25k and expelled from Chartered Accountants Ireland

THE FORMER CHAIRPERSON of Anglo Irish Bank Sean Fitzpatrick has been expelled from being a member of Chartered Accountants Ireland and has accepted not to make an application to be reinstated.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,467 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

It was a disciplinary committee of the body that oversees accountants in this country. It would be quite unusual for them to impose a custodial sentence.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,789 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

It was a disciplinary committee of the body that oversees accountants in this country. It would be quite unusual for them to impose a custodial sentence.

I would have thought it would be absolutely impossible for Chartered Accountants Ireland to impose a custodial sentence. Surely only the courts can impose a custodial sentence.

I'm also curious if Seany will have to pay the €25k fine? I reckon it would be next to impossible to get the dosh off him if he was inclined not to pay it.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,467 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

BattleCorp wrote: »
    I would have thought it would be absolutely impossible for Chartered Accountants Ireland to impose a custodial sentence. Surely only the courts can impose a custodial sentence.

I think you need to recalibrate your sarcasm meter.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,789 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

I think you need to recalibrate your sarcasm meter.

Forgive me. It's a Monday and my brain is fried doing spreadsheets. :o

• Advertisement
Advertisement