Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Replace or upgrade

Options
  • 02-12-2019 9:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭

Hi just looking for opinions on where to go with my current build from 2011 as I was getting an itch for a new PC but have decided maybe to upgrade a little and overclock the CPU.
    • I5 2500k
    • gigabyte ga-z68p-ds3
    • 8GB DDR3 16000 RAM
    • 500GB SSD
    • GTX660
    Since 2011 I have added the SSD and GPU which was an upgrade form an AMD, I have a 24” U series Dell monitor which I love so not looking to change that anytime soon.
    I am thinking of buying decent CPU cooler, another 8GB RAM and new GPU, I was looking today and reckon I could manage an RX 580 which is £135 on scan, so the total upgrades would be €240.
    Just looking for opinions here please, would the upgrades be worth it or am going to run into bottlenecks elsewhere sooner than I am hoping.
    I use my PC all the time and only dip in and out of PC games sometimes (more for the eye candy than hard core playing to be honest).
    I could re-use my 660 in a mame arcade build I have going on but don’t need the CPU there so don’t want to replace it when there is no need.

Comments

Advertisement