Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will using N26 impact my future mortgage application?

• 02-12-2019 10:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

I’ve started doing all my banking through an online app (N26, similar to Revolut) because I find it much easier to keep careful track of my spending and I avoid fees. I’m not entirely sure though if this has the ability to make it harder for me to apply for a mortgage in the years to come though, if my income and spending habits aren’t visible directly to the bank I apply to? I know banks look at income, and the details of what you spend money on can be a factor. Does it matter if I show this through payslips and my N26 account history?

I used to use Ulster Bank, and my fiancé and I still have a joint current account which we transfer money into from our respective personal accounts (still Ulster Bank for her, although she’s looking at N26 too). If it matters, I’m in my late 20s, and a trainee in a decent paying profession, with no debt.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭dartboardio

Lostudent wrote: »
    I’ve started doing all my banking through an online app (N26, similar to Revolut) because I find it much easier to keep careful track of my spending and I avoid fees. I’m not entirely sure though if this has the ability to make it harder for me to apply for a mortgage in the years to come though, if my income and spending habits aren’t visible directly to the bank I apply to? I know banks look at income, and the details of what you spend money on can be a factor. Does it matter if I show this through payslips and my N26 account history?

I used to use Ulster Bank, and my fiancé and I still have a joint current account which we transfer money into from our respective personal accounts (still Ulster Bank for her, although she’s looking at N26 too). If it matters, I’m in my late 20s, and a trainee in a decent paying profession, with no debt.

No this will make no difference..

Think of other people coming from different countries and having to provide evidence of six months bank statements to show income etc, from another country.

Does not make a difference where your money is going into or coming out of, as long as you can provide proof of it, eg bank statements.

Just like if you get a credit card with a certain bank, they'll ask for evidence of bank statements, it does not matter if those statements are from their bank or another.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,383 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

Yes; it will impact it but not necessarily negatively.

Advertisement