Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can anyone recommend a moving company?

• 02-12-2019 10:40pm

Might be moving soon with my partner and we’re looking for a moving company that will do everything of course we’d help also. The moving company would come with there own boxes and stuff to move us and we don’t have much, just the usually stuff but if anything broke they’d be insured that’s why I don’t want to use a man with a van and we don’t want to ask family or friends either to inconvenience them. Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭chicorytip

Might be moving soon with my partner and we’re looking for a moving company that will do everything of course we’d help also. The moving company would come with there own boxes and stuff to move us and we don’t have much, just the usually stuff but if anything broke they’d be insured that’s why I don’t want to use a man with a van and we don’t want to ask family or friends either to inconvenience them. Thank you

Careline Furniture & Fragile Removals,
    Whitehall, Parteen.
    Nationwide service.
    Experienced and very professional with excellent customer reviews.
    Tel 061 326070.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

chicorytip wrote: »
    Careline Furniture & Fragile Removals,
    Whitehall, Parteen.
    Nationwide service.
    Experienced and very professional with excellent customer reviews.
    Tel 061 326070.

Used them last year. Couldn't fault them.

Thank you for the replies I will google them now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭John_Mc

We moved house about 2 months ago and used Walsh Removals. They are based in Mitchelstown but arrived on time and did a great job. Nice guys too. No affiliation with them.

https://www.walshremovals.ie/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

I second (or third) Careline. I've used them twice for a full move, and they were great.

Someone will call around to assess how much stuff you have (we always underestimate). On the day they'll turn up with all their own boxes, wrapping paper etc, and just fly through the place boxing everything up, and loading it into the van.

• Advertisement

Thoie wrote: »
    I second (or third) Careline. I've used them twice for a full move, and they were great.

Someone will call around to assess how much stuff you have (we always underestimate). On the day they'll turn up with all their own boxes, wrapping paper etc, and just fly through the place boxing everything up, and loading it into the van.

Sounds amazing they do everything how much do they charge you if you don’t mind me asking

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

Sounds amazing they do everything how much do they charge you if you don’t mind me asking

It's a few years ago now - I was moving a 2-bed apartment from Dublin to Cork. I think it was about €800 - €1000, but I had some things going into storage, and didn't need it all done on the same day and a few other caveats, so it could be dearer than that if you need everything packed and moved to the new house same day. It also depends on how close the new place is to the old, and a bunch of other factors. That's why they'll send someone out, rather than just giving a price over the phone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 485 ✭✭SoapMcTavish

Used em twice in the last few years. Full contents of 3 bed semi. 2k - 2.5k each time.

Advertisement