Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FG's desperate scramble to maintain power

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭KWAG2019

With who?

The FG election strategy. They can’t vote for anyone else no matter how badly we treat them. FG need a serious electoral kicking.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

ELM327 wrote: »
    That's interesting, our country was not bankrupted. We are now one of the better performing economies in Europe - where IT/DE etc are teetering on the brink of recession.

Interesting.

Are you aware that you pledged to give your votes to people who tell lies so?
    Taoiseach Leo Varadkar has said that Fine Gael would have to “expose Fianna F for what they are”, telling his TDs that the main Opposition party would “bankrupt the country, as they have done in the past”.

link

I'm sure if I could be bothered I'd find you more examples of FG leaders and ministers telling us FF bankrupt the country.

Eating out of bins etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

This is a stupid motion, stupidly timed at least.
    No one wants an election now.

Working people who can't afford rent may differ.

The problem with the 'politics is a game' minded is it doesn't take real life situations and crises into account. Case in point, nearly a decade of worsening record breaking housing, homeless crisis and calling out government on it is politically 'inconvenient'.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Thinkingaboutit

Interesting.

link

I'm sure if I could be bothered I'd find you more examples of FG leaders and ministers telling us FF bankrupt the country.

Eating out of bins etc.

At least with the insurance / claims shenanigans FG are showing they can win the corruption arms race with FF. Awesome really :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 27,971 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

My prediction..... General Election after Easter next year.

Either FF/Green/SF coalition or FG/Green/Indo coalition.

FG are coasting at the moment and they know it, as they have the back of FF in a pinch.

I'd prefer a coalition than a C+S. But we shall see. One thing is for sure, FG is NOT keeping an eye out for one its core vote cohorts, the so called squeezed middle who pay for everyone else's lifestyles. They will bite back.

Pretty much, this is how I see it. If FG lose seats, their leader (Varadkar or whoever) will quite rightly say that the message from the electorate after two successive drops in seats is that they shouldn't participate in government and that the other parties should form a coalition or confidence and supply arrangement.

If FG gain seats, that plus the increased Green support should give them a decent shout of forming a coalition.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Auguste Comte

Fr_Dougal wrote: »
    FF won’t get into bed with SF.

They'd sell their granny for a sniff of some state owned Mercedes leather and a go in the government jet.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,971 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Fr_Dougal wrote: »
    FF won’t get into bed with SF.

Micheal Martin won't get into bed with Sinn Fein, but that is a removable obstacle. FF will, in a heartbeat.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,009 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Interesting.

link

Eating out of bins etc.
    That's a soundbite.
    And with the levels of our welfare state, no one needs to eat out of bins. Certainly not without mental issues or addiction issues
    Working people who can't afford rent may differ.

The problem with the 'politics is a game' minded is it doesn't take real life situations and crises into account. Case in point, nearly a decade of worsening record breaking housing, homeless crisis and calling out government on it is politically 'inconvenient'.
    We don't have a homeless crisis, we have a forever home crisis. People in emergency accomodation or hotels are not homeless, they have a roof over their head for free. Homeless means living on the street,

I do take your point that rent is high but that is down to poor government policy by interfering within the rental market. This was a cross party agreed issue though, even the lefties agreed.

blanch152 wrote: »
    Micheal Martin won't get into bed with Sinn Fein, but that is a removable obstacle. FF will, in a heartbeat.
    Care to place a wager? For charity
    SF not in government after next election. What are you betting? Let's say 10 quid for SVP?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭Billcarson

SF not in government after next election. What are you betting? Let's say 10 quid for SVP?[/quote]

Well I will be voting for sf anyway if that's any help. Lol. Anything to break the cycle of ff/ fg. It may be a risk voting for sf but to hell with ff/fg I'd rather hang myself then vote for those scumbag bastards with their century of failure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

That's a soundbite.
    And with the levels of our welfare state, no one needs to eat out of bins. Certainly not without mental issues or addiction issues

We don't have a homeless crisis, we have a forever home crisis. People in emergency accomodation or hotels are not homeless, they have a roof over their head for free. Homeless means living on the street,

I do take your point that rent is high but that is down to poor government policy by interfering within the rental market. This was a cross party agreed issue though, even the lefties agreed.

SF not in government after next election. What are you betting? Let's say 10 quid for SVP?

If you don't accept reality I can't help you here. Even Leo and baby with a beard Murphy have conceded there is a crisis. How dare you bring the genuine needs of working tax payers down to the dismissive sound bite of 'forever home'. It's disgusting quite frankly.
    You are confusing the housing crisis with the homeless crisis, also rough sleepers and people in hotels or hostels, same issue.

It'll be FF with jnr. FG, two disgusting excuses for public representation.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

• Registered Users Posts: 19,417 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Fann Linn wrote: »
    As opposed to Leo who prefers to '...look after those who get up early in the morning.' ROTFLMAO.

No difference at all between the two parties.

Leo should have done that and made work pay his absolutely priority and we’d have rewarded him. Instead he’s too flaky and wants to be all things to all men- end result he stands for nothing. The welfare layabout class are never going to vote FG ever so why reward them with Christmas bonuses? FG are utterly stupid. The economy is actually doing well so make it reward the people supporting it. To hell with the leeches

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

road_high wrote: »
    Leo should have done that and made work pay his absolutely priority and we’d have rewarded him. Instead he’s too flaky and wants to be all things to all men- end result he stands for nothing. The welfare layabout class are never going to vote FG ever so why reward them with Christmas bonuses? FG are utterly stupid. The economy is actually doing well so make it reward the people supporting it. To hell with the leeches

Yeah I was am FG voter and genuinely believed him when he said it but he has given workers a slap in the face.

He has zero substances or beliefs it seems

Yeah I was am FG voter and genuinely believed him when he said it but he has given workers a slap in the face.

He has zero substances or beliefs it seems

Yea I was the same- rewarding those who get up in the morning was like music to my ears. But what did we get? Almost negligible tax decreases and the hated USC still taking as much as ever out of my hard earned salary.
    And what do they do then? Restore the full welfare “Christmas bonus” and also rose welfare payments. In addition to increased spending on direct provision which is going through the roof.
    Absolutely no body representing the likes of us anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

road_high wrote: »
    Yea I was the same- rewarding those who get up in the morning was like music to my ears. But what did we get? Almost negligible tax decreases and the hated USC still taking as much as ever out of my hard earned salary.
    And what do they do then? Restore the full welfare “Christmas bonus” and also rose welfare payments. In addition to increased spending on direct provision which is going through the roof.
    Absolutely no body representing the likes of us anymore

I have heard people argue he'd have collapsed the government of he tried to push any tax cuts through etc.

That may be true but he'd likely have been returned with a majority in the next election. He has been shown to have zero principles just soundbites. We might as well let an online poll make our decisions

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Idbatterim wrote: »
    Not after six months. But after nine years and a booming economy , enough is enough. Or rather , nothing isn’t enough...

Those same people shoving about needing an election to replace the government are never the ones to offer any solutions. Just complaints like this.

And, what exactly will an election do for the “homeless” overnight? Magic up more homes just by waving a magic wand?

Those same people shoving about needing an election to replace the government are never the ones to offer any solutions. Just complaints like this.

Fish wives like Brid Smyth and Mary lou thingy would crap themselves if they were handed actual Housing and Health ministries in the morning- but perhaps it’s high time they were? I’m sick listening to them- if you can do any better then why don’t you?

And, what exactly will an election do for the “homeless” overnight? Magic up more homes just by waving a magic wand?

When you drop the sarcastic manner when responding I may consider a response to you. Manners cost nothing.

When you drop the sarcastic manner when responding I may consider a response to you. Manners cost nothing.

Ok. What WOULD an election do for the homeless this side of Easter?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 321 ✭✭171170

Well I will be voting for sf anyway if that's any help. Lol. Anything to break the cycle of ff/ fg. It may be a risk voting for sf but to hell with ff/fg I'd rather hang myself then vote for those scumbag bastards with their century of failure.

So effectively you'll be voting for the next FG or FF coalition government partners! Clever chap.

Well, some of the lucky ones might get their hands on election posters to shelter under.

I wrote elsewhere that this Green clown's posturing would impress the feeble-minded.

So thanks for validating that opinion!

171170 wrote: »
    Well, some of the lucky ones might get their hands on election posters to shelter under.

Imagine if all the money spent on election posters was used to buy or build a few houses instead! That’d be a better use of money.

171170 wrote: »
    I wrote elsewhere that this Green clown's posturing would impress the feeble-minded.

So thanks for validating that opinion!

Actually sad that you seek to have your opinion validated by making a personal swipe at others. Carry on though if it makes you feel good.

Change of ideology for a start. The rebuilding Ireland plan is not working.

Care to share your ideas?

Care to share your ideas?

If I felt your question was genuine I would but your behaviour and way of engaging betrays you.

If I felt your question was genuine I would but your behaviour and way of engaging betrays you.

So, no solution other than blame the Government.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,450 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Rebuilding Ireland is only halfway through.

Most houses built this year since 2008.

Do you people with all the answers expect everyone who wants a house to have one overnight?

Where will it end?

Advertisement