Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How to cancel : the easy way

• 03-12-2019 9:45am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 916 ✭✭✭

Hi ,
    I would like information on how to cancel my eir broadband . It is an out of contract account so I’m theory it should be straight forward .

Is there anything other than calling Eir that I need to be aware of .
    I am well familiar with telephone arrangements never happening so anything to help this process to be closed before Christmas would be much appreciated .

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,341 ✭✭✭CoBo55

If you're changing provider let them do it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,813 ✭✭✭✭looksee

You have to give a month's notice and having called eir I seem to recall you need to message some specific dept there. I am a bit hazy about the details but if you don't do all the procedures they just keep taking money off you.

I see that Eir have pulled out of Talk to Boards which is a pity as it was the only way I could contact them. Once you have cancelled and your number is disconnected it is impossible to contact them. Even if they are still taking money off you. In the end I told them (on Boards) that I was cancelling the direct debit, and they then got their act together. Useless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,479 ✭✭✭finbarrk

Trying to cancel with that useless company can be difficult. But, as said, if changing provider then they will sort it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Yes switch provider using UAN
    Just cancel your direct debit on myeir and pay the final bill by debit card once you check it for errors. You probably won't owe anything since you pay one month in advance with Eir. You may loose a small amount of money that Eir owe you. I had €17 credited to my account when I left, I never did ask for a cheque for that amount as it's too much effort contacting Eir.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

It's not so long ago, that you couldn't cancel per letter with them. You have been able to in last year.

Now it's actually very easy to cancel with Eir.

All outlined here: https://www.eir.ie/switching/#switching-letter

Both for when you want to change provider or cease the service.

/M

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Marlow wrote: »
    It's not so long ago, that you couldn't cancel per letter with them. You have been able to in last year.

Now it's actually very easy to cancel with Eir.

All outlined here: https://www.eir.ie/switching/#switching-letter

Both for when you want to change provider or cease the service.

/M

Do you know what the penalty fee they mention is?
    I don't think I was charged it when I changed without giving notice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

tuxy wrote: »
    Do you know what the penalty fee they mention is?
    I don't think I was charged it when I changed without giving notice.

I have not been an Eir(com) customer in 15 years. Wouldn't go back either. So I don't.

/M

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 916 ✭✭✭homewardbound11

Hi
    Anyone know the return address for the modem .
    I am mid cancellation but did not receive any follow up on who to return it to .

I tried to return it via Niteline/ parcelmotel but my account doesn’t exist anymore .

I

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,341 ✭✭✭CoBo55

Niteline called for mine out of the blue.

Advertisement