Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Echo dot with clock - out of stock - any info?

• 03-12-2019 9:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭

Echo dot with clock out of stock in Amazon, curry’s, Argos IE NI and UK. Anyone have any info or tips where or how we might get three of them before 23rd? The dot is available, but we want to get it with clock.

Spoke to Argos last week - was told 2,000 were in the distribution system. Curry’s said they’d be in stock last Saturday. None of this appears to be the case.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭MidnightQueen

Good question. All I’m seeing is it’s still reduced in Spain to €34.99 but they’re not shipping until end of January. They are available in Argos to reserve from Saturday in cork I see but they’re back to full price.

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭grazer

Good question. All I’m seeing is it’s still reduced in Spain to €34.99 but they’re not shipping until end of January. They are available in Argos to reserve from Saturday in cork I see but they’re back to full price.

Yes I got a shock this morning that (a) they were available to reserve on Curry's and Argos, and (b) they were €74.99. They were €44.99 when I was trying to buy them up to today.

Were they €74.99 prior to Black Friday / the last couple of weeks?

grazer wrote: »
    Were they €74.99 prior to Black Friday / the last couple of weeks?

There's a huge demand for them. I think it was €69.99 prior to Black Friday but I could be wrong.

Anyone know anything about how to get it delivered from amazon Spain? Is there something similar to parcel motel for them?

Got mine for £49.99 on black Friday. Really like it so far.

• Advertisement

Got mine for £49.99 on black Friday. Really like it so far.

Ok brief update, I'm a little on the fence having used it for two weeks now.

Its quite temperamental. I've had to restart it a couple of times already, something I never had to do with previous hardware.

I use it primarily as an alarm clock but when its playing the radio it doesn't show the time. Instead it shows the irritating Alexa tips that cant be turned off.

For what could be a fantastic device, these things are quite disappointing.

Ok brief update, I'm a little on the fence having used it for two weeks now.

Its quite temperamental. I've had to restart it a couple of times already, something I never had to do with previous hardware.

I use it primarily as an alarm clock but when its playing the radio it doesn't show the time. Instead it shows the irritating Alexa tips that cant be turned off.

For what could be a fantastic device, these things are quite disappointing.

Also, and this could just be due to poor wifi reception in my bedroom, but its reaction to the wake word seems spotty. I often have to repeat "echo" for it to 'hear' me. Although I never had that problem with the echo dot I had before in the same location.

Hmm it could be something faulty with it. I would be trying it with another wifi network if you think it could be that, just to test it. Also plug out your router for a minute too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Hmm it could be something faulty with it. I would be trying it with another wifi network if you think it could be that, just to test it. Also plug out your router for a minute too.

Wifi has nothing to do with the hot word.

Advertisement