Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fixed gear or normal bike 18 km Dublin commute

Options
13»

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,848 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

This is the tool I have on my Commuter:

https://www.bike24.com/p2276604.html
    I love that it's always on my bike, I can never forget it! I always have allen keys on my too. It's my favourite tool I own, it looks so nice (not that that matters but!) and is so practical.
    ETA: it's a C/lockring and 15mm tracknut spanner in one. It's class!

I use one of these for the track bike, because you change gear every time you ride it and up to a couple of times per session so you need something decent:
    https://www.velodrome.shop/cranks/pedals/velodrome-shop-track-cycling-spanner/
    And a separate C spanner for the lockring, and a chainwhip for cogs.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,768 ✭✭✭✭tomasrojo

That looks an old-fashioned bottom bracket lockring spanner on the other end of the first one.

The second one can be used to remove the nuts off tapered cranks too. I have one of those (without the pedal spanner end).

(Sorry if I'm stating the obvious. I'm just waxing nostalgic about gear really.)

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Oberkon

Fine for commuting - little bit harsh on a longer ride (although I've done a 120k on them). A bit less grip than a standard tyre too so I just take it easier on wet roundabouts etc. I have about 15,000kms put up on a pair on my main commuting bike and have just fitted another pair to my secondary commuter bike. Great peace of mind.

Can safely say you got your value . They come in some funky colours too

Advertisement