Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eoin Murphy no confidence vote

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

Did your parents have

I phones
    tablets
    Netflix subscriptions
    foreign holidays
    sky tv
    the latest gadgets
    50 inch TVs
    PlayStations
    x box’s
    Santa that costs 500 euro

The list goes on.

People need two jobs because they need all this unnecessary crap in their lives.

Somehow I think working people will prioritize a roof over their heads before the Netflix account. 1400 is the average rent nationwide, the highest it has ever been but of course nothing got to do with any of of FGs policies. Someone else's fault I'm sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,853 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

You see these are the details people don’t know about Ireland’s housing crisis.

Social housing stock sold off for votes by FF.

We have a crash, bailed out for 120 billion.

IMF come in in 2011 when we have too many houses.

We hadn’t a pot to piss in and we didn’t need to build loads of houses.

IMF leaves in 2016, economy picks up and suddenly we have no houses for the people who don’t bother their arses to contribute to society and want everything for nothing.

And here we are now, motions been passed to oust a minister in charge for 2 years and didn’t manage to spring up 100,000s of social housing overnight.

But Irish people need heads to roll to blame and have a whinge once in a while.

the thing is, you and Matt in my opinion, have very valid points! They sold off Nama property in dublin for a pittance, I can see how it happened, I doubt they foresaw this, as they cant look past the end of their own nose. But were a situation like this to arise again, a boom, bust, nama2, good luck with flogging off residential property in dublin for nothing a second time. I mean that was the market rate at the time, but in hindsight, it was lunacy beyond belief. Sell if off to a fund, then later on, end up paying a multiple of that price for the state to build it or rent it from a vulture fund etc :rolleyes:

The issue I now see is, this is a runaway train, the have created such an outrageous system, that I can only see the homeless numbers growing and growing. They care most about the homeless numbers due to optics. I'd have more compassion for the workers being robbed and in **** situations...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,450 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Somehow I think working people will prioritize a roof over their heads before the Netflix account. 1400 is the average rent nationwide, the highest it has ever been but of course nothing got to do with any of of FGs policies. Someone else's fault I'm sure.

I dunno.

Financial planning and prudence seems alien in this country.

Remember the Celtic tiger?

Hot tubs, foreign apartments, skiing holidays.

When it goes tits up let’s blame Eoghan Murphy.

Idbatterim wrote: »
    the thing is, you and Matt in my opinion, have very valid points! They sold off Nama property in dublin for a pittance, I can see how it happened, I doubt they foresaw this, as they cant look past the end of their own nose. But were a situation like this to arise again, a boom, bust, nama2, good luck with flogging off residential property in dublin for nothing a second time. I mean that was the market rate at the time, but in hindsight, it was lunacy beyond belief. Sell if off to a fund, then later on, end up paying a multiple of that price for the state to build it or rent it from a vulture fund etc :rolleyes:

The issue I now see is, this is a runaway train, the have created such an outrageous system, that I can only see the homeless numbers growing and growing. They care most about the homeless numbers due to optics. I'd have more compassion for the workers being robbed and in **** situations...

I agree.

They are morons.

People go homeless get a free house.

Numbers of “homeless” increase and they wonder why.

It’s ludicrous how easy it is to see what the problem is.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,152 ✭✭✭✭charlie14

Did your parents have

I phones
    tablets
    Netflix subscriptions
    foreign holidays
    sky tv
    the latest gadgets
    50 inch TVs
    PlayStations
    x box’s
    Santa that costs 500 euro

The list goes on.

People need two jobs because they need all this unnecessary crap in their lives.

You really do not have a clue.

But feel free to give your post to the first FG canvassers that knocks on your door and tell him/her to show it to the first working family they call to that cannot afford to buy or even rent. Even if there were houses or apartments available.
    I`m sure the canvassers will be delighted.

• Advertisement

charlie14 wrote: »
    You really do not have a clue.

But feel free to give your post to the first FG canvassers that knocks on your door and tell him/her to show it to the first working family they call to that cannot afford to buy or even rent. Even if there were houses or apartments available.
    I`m sure the canvassers will be delighted.

I have sympathy for working families who can’t afford to rent because Margaret Cash and her 8 kids have taken the house next door paid for by the taxpayer.

Believe me I do.

Will you tell all the parties who knock to your door about this injustice?

I dunno.

Financial planning and prudence seems alien in this country.

Remember the Celtic tiger?

Hot tubs, foreign apartments, skiing holidays.

When it goes tits up let’s blame Eoghan Murphy.

Are you claiming everyone partook of the above, are you an adult?

Are you claiming everyone partook of the above, are you an adult?

Are you claiming that every homeless person isn’t trying to scam the system?

I have sympathy for working families who can’t afford to rent because Margaret Cash and her 8 kids have taken the house next door paid for by the taxpayer.

Believe me I do.

Will you tell all the parties who knock to your door about this injustice?

Would that be the 10,000 plus that are homeless that includes almost 4,000 children, with the figure increasing month on month that are actually not living in houses paid for by taxpayers.

As I said, you really do not have a clue as to what is the true extent of this housing crisis.
    But your not alone in that. The relevant Minister, Murphy, doesn`t either.

Are you claiming that every homeless person isn’t trying to scam the system?

I don't know their circumstances so unlike you I won't make any ignorant assumptions.

• Advertisement

Would that be the 10,000 plus that are homeless that includes almost 4,000 children, with the figure increasing month on month that are actually not living in houses paid for by taxpayers.

As I said, you really do not have a clue as to what is the true extent of this housing crisis.
    But your not alone in that. The relevant Minister, Murphy, doesn`t either.

21% of that 10,000 are non EU nationals by the way.

Let that sink in.

2,000 arrive here illegally and are placed in emergency accommodation.

Is that Eoghan Murphys fault?

Or the people like Margaret Cash and her 8 kids.

Is how her life turned out Eoghan Murphys fault?

Just think about it.

who was it that caused commotion when he said some people were trying to scam the system? this is a taboo bloody subject in this banana republic in the media! We have such an appalling system, it is so extortionate paying market rent etc, that at this stage, I'd give the thumbs up to people who take the initiative to "game" the system!

The system as we all agree is the problem! You are getting such a ridiculous deal if you get a council house, either legitimately or through gaming, that you know what? a few weeks in a hotel with a kid, to save thousands a month in rent, is actually a very wise investment of time. Whats the alternative? no security in the rental market, whore to your employer and commute on the third world transport in this city?

I don't know their circumstances so unlike you I won't make any ignorant assumptions.

So you agree some people lost the run of themselves during the tiger years and some people are scamming the system?

We both agree so.

Let that sink in.

Just think about it.

Are you blaming Mags for the housing crisis? maybe post your link about FF again every bit as relevant.

Are you blaming Mags for the housing crisis? maybe post your link about FF again every bit as relevant.

No where did I blame Mags for the housing crisis?

So you agree some people lost the run of themselves during the tiger years and some people are scamming the system?

We both agree so.

No unlike you I said I don't know people's circumstances so I won't unlike you make an informed stupid comment. No we don't agree and unlikely we ever will.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,179 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Let that sink in.

Just think about it.

Our governments, on our behalf, as our elected leaders, have undertaken to deal with people in these circumstances.

So yes, if they are not being dealt with adequately, then that is Eoghan Murphy's fault.
    If anybody is not entitled to something then it is his responsibility to run a system that safeguards against that.

she is just a great example of the absurdity of the system, she isnt personally to blame. But she is the postergirl for those of us who have had enough of this immoral system!

No unlike you I said I don't know people's circumstances so I won't unlike you make an informed stupid comment. No we don't agree and unlikely we ever will.

So you don’t know if all the 10,000 homeless are genuine cases yet you make an informed comment that Eoghan Murphy is responsible for the 10,000 homeless people even though some could be scammers?

Seriously are you reading what your typing?

Our governments, on our behalf, as our elected leaders, have undertaken to deal with people in these circumstances.

So yes, if they are not being dealt with adequately, then that is Eoghan Murphy's fault.
    If anybody is not entitled to something then it is his responsibility to run a system that safeguards against that.

the big issue is though, the worse the rental market becomes and rents are increasing, this just exacerbates the social housing problem. They are going to massively have to increase social housing builds, massively! or change the system

• Advertisement

I didn’t vote for a party that told me they will supply a free gaff to Margaret Cash and her 8 kids??????

Let that sink in.

Just think about it.

Well if they are here illegally then perhaps you should address your grievances to the Government party that Eoghan Murphy is a member off Or even another of FG`s Murphy`s Verona, (she is the Murphy they are trying to ditch before the GE, not the other one Dara that was scamming the taxpayer) that you seem to have a lot in common with.

Do you actually know nothing about they housing crisis and all those that it is effecting or are you just hoping to distract with your "look over there at Margaret Cash" type rants

So you don’t know if all the 10,000 homeless are genuine cases yet you make an informed comment that Eoghan Murphy is responsible for the 10,000 homeless people even though some could be scammers?

Seriously are you reading what your typing?

Neither do you but you are making some ridiculous claims without proof.
    Murphy is minister for housing as LBJ's desk ornament stated the' buck stops there'. He's getting well paid to do the job failure as well as success is his responsibility.

Neither do you but you are making some ridiculous claims without proof.
    Murphy is minister for housing as LBJ's desk ornament stated the' buck stops there'. He's getting well paid to do the job failure as well as success is his responsibility.

So do we agree he’s not to blame for 10,000 homeless people as some are scamming the system?

Well if they are here illegally then perhaps you should address your grievances to the Government party that Eoghan Murphy is a member off Or even another of FG`s Murphy`s Verona, (she is the Murphy they are trying to ditch before the GE, not the other one Dara that was scamming the taxpayer) that you seem to have a lot in common with.

Do you actually know nothing about they housing crisis and all those that it is effecting or are you just hoping to distract with your "look over there at Margaret Cash" type rants

I have seen and know first hand people in emergency accommodation and getting HAP and social houses.

An absolute scam and con of the highest order.

Margaret Cash I refer to because people here won’t accept my experiences and want evidence.

She provides my evidence and backs up my argument better than I could ever do to be honest.

So do we agree he’s not to blame for 10,000 homeless people as some are scamming the system?

Have you evidence that people are scamming the system?
    Is he the minister responsible for housing at a time when we have 10500 people officially accepted as homeless 3800 of that figure children? If the answer is yes then yes he is responsible. Simple stuff really. Murphy and co would be crowing from a height if the figures were less than this time last year, instead we have spin and bs from people such as yourself.
    You have a good evening I'm done with your nonsense for today.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,179 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

I didn’t vote for a party that told me they will supply a free gaff to Margaret Cash and her 8 kids??????

Anyone who have voted for the parties that have been in government have voted for a welfare system. Fact.

Have you evidence that people are scamming the system?
    Is he the minister responsible for housing at a time when we have 10500 people officially accepted as homeless 3800 of that figure children? If the answer is yes then yes he is responsible. Simple stuff really. Murphy and co would be crowing from a height if the figures were less than this time last year, instead we have spin and bs from people such as yourself.
    You have a good evening I'm done with your nonsense for today.

Yes!!!!

Margaret Cash is my evidence!!!!!

Do you even understand the responsibilities of a Minister ?

Eoghan Murphy is the Minister with responsibility for housing. If there are scammers then it is his responsibility to ensure there are checks and balances to ensure there is no one scamming the system.
    But then perhaps you are just simply suggesting that all 10,000 plus are scammers.
    If you are, then you must really believe the Minister is unfit for office.

• Advertisement

Do you even understand the responsibilities of a Minister ?

Eoghan Murphy is the Minister with responsibility for housing. If there are scammers then it is his responsibility to ensure there are checks and balances to ensure there is no one scamming the system.
    But then perhaps you are just simply suggesting that all 10,000 plus are scammers.
    If you are, then you must really believe the Minister is unfit for office.

Don't waste your time, new account with nothing to add only deflection.

Advertisement