Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eoin Murphy no confidence vote

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

blanch152 wrote: »
    The opposition want their principles but not an election.

Rather they just want to pull another gimmick on the way towards next May's election.

So you'll be withdrawing your support for the Greens?
    "Newly-elected Green TD Joe O'Brien has said his time in the Dáil could be as little as 24 hours but said: "I can’t think of a better reason to force a general election than the 3-4,000 homeless children.""

Where will you claim now?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Rather they just want to pull another gimmick on the way towards next May's election.
    I think the dynamic duo want to make a point but it is hugely disproportionate and it merely confirms why the SDs have not been successful and that they are really not very good politicians.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Auguste Comte

And the FG'rs just want the cash.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,941 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

Thomas Pringle isnt going to be in the Dail cos he says he is going to a gala in a tent https://www.innovationinpolitics.eu/en/blog-post/39

• Registered Users Posts: 27,971 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

So you'll be withdrawing your support for the Greens?

Where will you claim now?

Why would that change my vote?

Newly-elected giddy TD makes silly statement?

Won't affect my vote that, don't be silly. You do realise that you don't have to agree with every policy of a party to say that you will be voting for them, neither are you obliged to actually like their representatives, just their policies.

Oh, why do I bother.

• Advertisement

Why would that change my vote?

Newly-elected giddy TD makes silly statement?

Won't affect my vote that, don't be silly. You do realise that you don't have to agree with every policy of a party to say that you will be voting for them, neither are you obliged to actually like their representatives, just their policies.

Oh, why do I bother.

Oh I do, I read your insights everyday, (generally aimed at my comments), it's almost like you don't support the Greens at all fair play.

I wish you wouldn't

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭jammiedodgers

What time is the vote?

What time is the vote?

10.30pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,450 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Sorry how is it ahead of his own?

The greens will be in government next so the quicker the better for him.

• Advertisement

Not difficult to work out.

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Sheepdish1

So, I’m not allowed a query related to the topic?

I will again query how real the housing crisis is. I know that it gets a bit annoying, but what about personal responsibility?

It’s not only people on social housing lists that are being affected by this. A lot of working people are out of reach of ever being able to afford a home due to the high prices and cost of living

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Multi purpose high rise is a huge answer to these issues. What is the blocker to development? It very hard to believe it's not vested interests.

Don't give me the money excuse. Even 3rd world countries can develop high rise ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭riemann

10.30pm.

Brave move considering the goings on in the Dail bar

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    Multi purpose high rise is a huge answer to these issues. What is the blocker to development? It very hard to believe it's not vested interests.

Don't give me the money excuse. Even 3rd world countries can develop high rise ffs.

Haha Eoghan Murphy loosened the rules on high rise and the SDs and every other party objected!!!

You’re having a laugh right???

“To tackle this, Minister for Housing, Planning and Local Government Eoghan Murphy released new guidelines where he dramatically shifts what has been the norm until now. He called for councils to lift “overly restrictive maximum heights” and encouraged authorities to “actively pursue” taller buildings, particularly in the “main centres of the city” so as to indicate the most activity within a city”

Do people here actually research the stuff they rant about????

Its laughable.

Ah sure he's doing a great job.
    Record homelessness figures have triggered fresh demands for urgent action ahead of a confidence motion against Housing Minister Eoghan Murphy tonight.

A total of 10,514 men, women and children were in emergency accommodation during the final week of October, according to the figures from the Department of Housing

Haha Eoghan Murphy loosened the rules on high rise and the SDs and every other party objected!!!

“To tackle this, Minister for Housing, Planning and Local Government Eoghan Murphy released new guidelines where he dramatically shifts what has been the norm until now. He called for councils to lift “overly restrictive maximum heights” and encouraged authorities to “actively pursue” taller buildings, particularly in the “main centres of the city” so as to indicate the most activity within a city”

Its laughable.

Absolutely, that is one of the funniest of the lot.

Sinn Fein and the Social Democrats have led the opposition to high-rise all over the place.

Oh wait, here comes Johnny Dogs or Matt with a link to Leo objecting to something somewhere.

The greens will be in government next so the quicker the better for him.
    Not difficult to work out.

Even better, he will still be paid as a TD during an election, but won't have to turn up at the Dail, quids in.

Seriously, the way people interpret things is nuts.

Oh I do, I read your insights everyday, (generally aimed at my comments), it's almost like you don't support the Greens at all fair play.

I wish you wouldn't

You should give the ould victimhood a break.

I just pick out the silliest post and respond to it.

• Advertisement

Even better, he will still be paid as a TD during an election, but won't have to turn up at the Dail, quids in.

Worked for Dara Murphy for 2 years.....

Seriously, the way people interpret things is nuts.

Here was I thinking you were a Green supporter, thanks for clearing that up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 321 ✭✭171170

And - regardless of who is Minister for Housing or what political party s/he is from - the homeless figures will continue to increase every year until supply = demand.

That's from chapter 1 of the Ladybird Book of the Bleeding Obvious.

Maybe Matt could buy a copy and send it to his mate Joe O'Brien.

But all we read here is the government release these figures during the night or at times to suit them.

Yet here it is released hours before a vote of no confidence in the housing minister.

More evidence that these crack pot tin foil lunatics here and on the journal are deluded.

171170 wrote: »
    And - regardless of who is Minister for Housing or what political party s/he is from - the homeless figures will continue to increase every year until supply = demand.

That's from chapter 1 of the Ladybird Book of the Bleeding Obvious.

Maybe Matt could buy a copy and send it to his mate Joe O'Brien.

No. That's spin. That's complete bullsh*t.
    We never broke records year on year for such a long period and wouldn't continue to with a change in policy.

I'm a Green supporter now?...*cough* up the blueshirts! That's it right? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Its laughable.

Where did I mention Eoghan Murphy in my post? I was merely asking the question what are the blockers to high rise.

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    Where did I mention Eoghan Murphy in my post? I was merely asking the question what are the blockers to high rise.

Social Democrats, Labour, Sinn Fein and a load of NIMBYS.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,853 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

FG should let the ship go down. Another 4 or 5 months as a dead duck government presiding over one mess after another is only going to be very bad optics going into an election.

Bad move by the strategy people.

the thing is, as they have no strategy or wish to change anything. And wont take control of their own destiny, they are just leaving it to chance. Varadkar probably has the rosary beads out now. How bad do you have to be, having had NINE YEARS In power, A BOOM for the past few years and your performance has been so ****, that FF, FF will probably surpass your seat count, with a booming economy! FG have taken the piss to an epic degree!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,853 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

Absolutely, that is one of the funniest of the lot.

Sinn Fein and the Social Democrats have led the opposition to high-rise all over the place.

Oh wait, here comes Johnny Dogs or Matt with a link to Leo objecting to something somewhere.

Ill do the job for them ;) Varadkar objects to four floor block in his own constituency, and yes I said FOUR, not FORTY! I genuinely cannot wait for these cnuts to come knocking!

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/politics/taoiseach-leo-varadkar-defends-objections-to-constituency-development-claiming-area-has-been-blighted-36155759.html

Here was I thinking you were a Green supporter, thanks for clearing that up.
    No. That's spin. That's complete bullsh*t.
    We never broke records year on year for such a long period and wouldn't continue to with a change in policy.

I'm a Green supporter now?...*cough* up the blueshirts! That's it right? ;)

Obviously my point about silly interpretations hit home hard, but there was no need to double down on the silly personal digs.

Voting for a party doesn’t mean you have to agree with every policy or everything that every one of their reps does.

If you guys weren’t so blinded by hatred of all things FG, you might be able to take a balanced view, though that is said more in hope than in confidence.

• Advertisement

Social Democrats, Labour, Sinn Fein and a load of NIMBYS.

Yea, nothing worse than a feckin nimby.
    PLANS FOR FOUR four-storey apartment blocks in Castleknock that were objected to by Taoiseach Leo Varadkar and former Tánaiste Joan Burton have been given the go-ahead by An Bord Pleanála.

The proposed development at Brady’s Public House on the Old Navan Road in Dublin would see the pub demolished and replaced with 41 residential housing units.

Fingal County Council approved the plans in January of this year but a number of appeals were launched by locals and politicians, among them Varadkar and Burton.

Varadkar’s objection was co-signed by Fine Gael councillor Eithne Loftus and included complaints about the type of development planned and the possibility that it would cast shadows over nearby houses.

“To begin, four-story apartment blocks are a design model which has long fallen into disfavor,” Varadkar wrote

Advertisement