Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eoin Murphy no confidence vote

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 321 ✭✭171170

No. That's spin. That's complete bullsh*t.

As I wrote above, it's from Chapter 1 of the Ladybird Book of the Bleeding Obvious.

In case you are numerically challenged, the symbol = means is equal to.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭bfa1509

I don't get this social housing thing. Are we looking for a state that provides an almost house to everyone who decides to have kids and not work, or is on low wages? Are they then considered homeless if they don't have a long term fixed address? What if they have loads of kids and they demand the same? How does this work in other rich countries?
    Also what's stopping the Gov from building block after block of flats for people who would struggle to get on the property market? They'd have to CPO a lot of land, but so be it. If they can invest 5 billion in broadband why can't they do this?

I can imagine in 10 years time all the people working their @sses off will be crammed like sardines in ballymun style flats while all the nice new terraced and semi-ds will be reserved for social housing.

There'd be no time for anti-social activity in a ballymun flat if the occupants are worked to death.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

blanch152 wrote: »
    Obviously my point about silly interpretations hit home hard, but there was no need to double down on the silly personal digs.

Voting for a party doesn’t mean you have to agree with every policy or everything that every one of their reps does.

If you guys weren’t so blinded by hatred of all things FG, you might be able to take a balanced view, though that is said more in hope than in confidence.

Nothing personal at all, you have on numerous occasions recounted your support for the Greens but defend FG at every opportunity. Keep up the pretence if it makes you happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,450 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Yea, nothing worse than a feckin nimby.

I agree.

As I said all parties are at it yet one gets blamed.

Why are you indulging in whataboutery?

My point is about the SDs bringing this motion yet object to housing developments themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Even if Eoghan Murphy wins this vote 2020 doesn’t seem to be any easier ... potentially much worse.

Homelessness, housing shortages and potentially major industrial relations upheaval with water staff.

He is way out of his depth.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69,184 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Idbatterim wrote: »
    the thing is, as they have no strategy or wish to change anything. And wont take control of their own destiny, they are just leaving it to chance. Varadkar probably has the rosary beads out now. How bad do you have to be, having had NINE YEARS In power, A BOOM for the past few years and your performance has been so ****, that FF, FF will probably surpass your seat count, with a booming economy! FG have taken the piss to an epic degree!

The 'arrogance of power'. I haven't seen a FG government in my lifetime that didn't suffer from it.

The 'arrogance of power'. I haven't seen a FG government in my lifetime that didn't suffer from it.

You still not a Sinn Féin voter Francie? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,152 ✭✭✭✭charlie14

I agree.

As I said all parties are at it yet one gets blamed.

Why are you indulging in whataboutery?

My point is about the SDs bringing this motion yet object to housing developments themselves.

Are you not perhaps missing the point that a FG minister`s guidelines on high rise accommodation were opposed as out of date by his own party leader and Taoiseach on a NIMBY

irishfeen wrote: »
    Even if Eoghan Murphy wins this vote 2020 doesn’t seem to be any easier ... potentially much worse.

Homelessness, housing shortages and potentially major industrial relations upheaval with water staff.

He is way out of his depth.

He has been for quite a long time yet Varadkar has left him there leaking FG votes nationally. Dumb, arrogance or clueless it is difficult to know which

charlie14 wrote: »
    He has been for quite a long time yet Varadkar has left him there leaking FG votes nationally. Dumb.

Not helped by his rather lofty demeanour. He comes across as not caring and bristling with anger because he is being questioned = arrogance.

• Advertisement

Not helped by his rather lofty demeanour. He comes across as not caring and bristling with anger because he is being questioned = arrogance.

I seen these placards earlier outside Leinster House slating the posh boys and how they are uncaring etc.

Imagine we had placards about the welfare boys.

The media would explode.

Murphy clearly comes across as arrogant. I cannot figure if Varadkar hasn`t got shot of him because Varadkar is dumb, arrogant or clueless as to the harm he is causing FG.
    It would not surprise me that with the grief three Murphy`s have given in a the last few days, FG pass a motion of no more Murphy`s allowed.:)

I seen these placards earlier outside Leinster House slating the posh boys and how they are uncaring etc.

The media would explode.

If we had it would not be the posh boys holding them.

I imagine they would be straight on to the local welfare office demanding they send someone collecting welfare around to carry them.

charlie14 wrote: »
    Murphy clearly comes across as arrogant. I cannot figure if Varadkar hasn`t got shot of him because Varadkar is dumb, arrogant or clueless as to the harm he is causing FG.
    It would not surprise me that with the grief three Murphy`s have given in a the last few days, FG pass a motion of no more Murphy`s allowed.:)

Leo can hardly move against him now and will have him doing damage up to an election.
    Dithering costs them again, as it did with Verona.
    Focus will probably shift to dear (very dear :)) Dara now in the run up to the New Year. That is how it will go until the election...a hugely negative base on which to fight it.

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Sheepdish1

He was saved tonight....56 to 53 votes!
    35 abstentions!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Sheepdish1 wrote: »
    35 abstentions!!!
    Never really in doubt.

is_that_so wrote: »
    Never really in doubt.

In fairness it was quite close! How can people be allowed to abstain from voting on such an important issue. Disgraceful

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

The media would explode.

Reverse snobbery is ok, at all times it seems

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭riemann

Not over yet. Is a manual vote anonymous?

Could be interesting..

In fairness it was quite close!
    But never in doubt! Dail arithmetic is close these days anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,312 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

It doesn't matter, another stooge of the system would just do the same stuff. I actually feel sorry for the guy because he's part of a failing system, anyone in the same boat would be the same.

riemann wrote: »

Could be interesting..
    Why is it not over? All votes have been cast.

Could be interesting..

What does this mean ?

Could be interesting..

Calm down there chief, this isn’t some Brexit vote.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭riemann

Why is it not over? All votes have been cast.

They've proposed a walk through vote. (i've no idea what that means).

They've proposed a walk through vote. (i've no idea what that means).
    That means no buttons!

• Registered Users Posts: 86,785 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

35 abstentions!!!

35, all Fianna Fail?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,548 ✭✭✭Topgear on Dave

Never really in doubt.

Political correspondents can announce to the nation that there there was "high drama in Leinster House".

And TDs all can can look forward to their christmas holidays in a few days. Nobody wants Murphys job anyways.

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    35, all Fianna Fail?
    Yeah, they said they would.

• Advertisement

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    35, all Fianna Fail?

Discounting the Ceann Comhairle it`s 49 not 35, so more than just Fianna Fail,

Advertisement