Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TP Link sockets and Tapo sockets

Options
  • 03-12-2019 3:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭

So I've a few TP link sockets and now amazon is telling me that Tapo is the new version of these. Also made by TP Link. But there is a different app to Kasa for some reason.

does any one have one of these Tapo plugs yet and do each app recognise the other sockets if you get me?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

peteb2 wrote: »
    So I've a few TP link sockets and now amazon is telling me that Tapo is the new version of these. Also made by TP Link. But there is a different app to Kasa for some reason.

does any one have one of these Tapo plugs yet and do each app recognise the other sockets if you get me?

Its a chepaer version with less features, eg. no IFTTT.

The Kasa ones are still on the market & I'd guess they aren't gpoing anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭peteb2

thanks. thought IFTTT was dead.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

peteb2 wrote: »
    thanks. thought IFTTT was dead.

Not that I'm aware of... not that I use it

Advertisement