If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Philips 50PUS7394

Options
  • 03-12-2019 4:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,953 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

I see this TV has Android 9.0 installed.  Would you know if the NOW TV App is available in the Google Playstore?

Also, how does the picture on this TV compare to the Sony Bravia KD49XG8196?

Thanks,

Jordan.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Jordan 199 wrote: »
    Hi,

I see this TV has Android 9.0 installed.  Would you know if the NOW TV App is available in the Google Playstore?

Also, how does the picture on this TV compare to the Sony Bravia KD49XG8196?

Thanks,

Jordan.
    Hi Jordan 199.

Thanks for the post.

The Philips I think is Android Pie OS (Think this is version 9).

The Google Playstore is not a full version like what you get on your laptop or tablet but is a stripped down version.
    It has the following listed on Philips own website:

[font=centrale_sans, tahoma, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Android App offerings vary per country. For more details please visit your local Google Play Store.[/font]

[font=centrale_sans, tahoma, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Please note that your Amazon Apps may not always be available in your coun[/font][font=centrale_sans, tahoma, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]try. (Currently Amazon apps works only in the UK, Germany and Austria[/font][font=centrale_sans, tahoma, arial, helvetica, sans-serif])[/font]

[font=centrale_sans, tahoma, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Smart TV app availability varies per TV model and country. For more details please visit: www.philips.com/smarttv.[/font]

[font=centrale_sans, tahoma, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Now TV is available via Google play store but the above rules will apply.[/font]

[font=centrale_sans, tahoma, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]In my opinion the Picture quality of the Philips would be better than the Sony. it also has the add extra of Dolby vision and direct lit LED.[/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 11,953 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

I ordered the 43" version a few minutes ago.  Now I just have to sit and wait for it to come :)

• Company Representative Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

Jordan 199 wrote: »
    I ordered the 43" version a few minutes ago.  Now I just have to sit and wait for it to come :)
    Thanks for the order Jordan 199 :)

Our courier should be in touch over the next day or two all being well.

Again thanks for the business.

Kenny.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.