Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Illness benefit deducted but im not entitled

Options
  • 03-12-2019 5:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭

Hi , I've been out sick for 2 months with a sports injury and have received full sick pay less illness benefit,

However when i applied for illness benefit i was not entitled to it apparently.

My employer has said they are not refunding this to me as its company policy to deduct. but i wasn't entitled to it and therefore my full sick pay hasn't been full at all.

Will I get this back through tax credits with a p21 or am i better off chasing my employer?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭wench

Legally, your employer doesn't have to pay you at all when you're out sick.

So any entitlement will be governed by their policies and your contract/handbook.
    What do those docs say about sick pay, do they make any mention of illness benefit?

Advertisement