Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish taxpayers pay for new 8.8m water treatment plant

Options

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,102 ✭✭✭✭beertons

They'll have a few brown trout in it in no time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

I support this. We need help folk out if we can and sticking it to Israel is a sweetner.
    Is Dinny involved I wonder?

There must be a magic money tree after all, just not for social housing as it bites into friends profits.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

Were told our own water network is hundreds of years old, not fit for purpose but we cant afford to fix it.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,971 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

US2 wrote: »
    Were told our own water network is hundreds of years old, not fit for purpose but we cant afford to fix it.

We are building one here too.

https://www.thejournal.ie/wastewater-treatment-plant-dublin-4889665-Nov2019/

Think many of our principled politicians down in the Dail voting against Murphy, like Louise O'Reilly and Social Democrats objected to the treatment plant.

Water pollution is one of the leading causes of child mortality in Gaza - 97% of the water supply there is unfit for human consumption, according to the World Health Organization.

Difficult to object to this investment from a humanitarian standpoint. The Government had no problem frittering away hundreds of millions on the white elephant that is Irish Water, so €8.8m won't break the collective backbone.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

US2 wrote: »

That's an excellent point.
    As we know FG have all the money in the world when they want it.

blanch152 wrote: »
    We are building one here too.

https://www.thejournal.ie/wastewater-treatment-plant-dublin-4889665-Nov2019/

Think many of our principled politicians down in the Dail voting against Murphy, like Louise O'Reilly and Social Democrats objected to the treatment plant.

Magic money wand for Gaza ;)

The cheek of them opposition, including the Greens wa? :)

Dinny getting his feet wet in Gaza? Imagine the size of that meter?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭rapul

Am all for this sure isn't it better than spending it on something stupid like oh I don't know a printer

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

rapul wrote: »
    Am all for this sure isn't it better than spending it on something stupid like oh I don't know a printer

Or something sensible like maintaining and repairing our own water network which isn't fit for purpose we are told

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

Good.

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭Ronaldinho

If it doesn't get blown up then it's probably a good investment and a more sustainable form of aid than say bringing in a trickle of migrants and paying and arm and a leg to look after them at Irish prices.

Cynic in me says it probably bought a nice plum job in an EU/UN quango for Coveney if and when he chooses.

• Advertisement
Advertisement