Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Week 14 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Oat23 wrote: »
    The Cowboys are the weirdest team in football.

Two weeks in a row they've looked in control on the first drive only to collapse from there. So strange.

Mitch is a different player once he remembers he can run! That was a great performance. Allen Robinson was even better. He's got to be up there in terms of top possession receivers in the league.

The losses to the Raiders in London and Chargers at home really sting now. Had those been wins the Bears could have been wildcard contenders in this form.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,010 ✭✭✭Christy42

Two weeks in a row they've looked in control on the first drive only to collapse from there. So strange.

Mitch is a different player once he remembers he can run! That was a great performance. Allen Robinson was even better. He's got to be up there in terms of top possession receivers in the league.

The losses to the Raiders in London and Chargers at home really sting now. Had those been wins the Bears could have been wildcard contenders in this form.

I am not sure the Cowboys were really in control on that first drive. They seemed to have a lot of 3rd downs including one long one. They made them and fair play but they were not in complete control of it for me.

Mitch was better but the Cowboy defense was disappointing with a lot of missed tackles. Running a lot more helps his overall play but I think even if you were closing in on a WC spot you would still get knocked out if the play offs pretty quick.

Allen Robinson is great. No question.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,146 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

Foxtrol wrote: »
    Think it is quite generous to say an upward curve for the Bears, their recent wins were against the Giants and the Staffordless Lions x2. Conversely you're a bit harsh on the Cowboys, their recent losses were to 10-2, 9-3, 8-4 teams.

Cowboys still have the division in their hands and I don't see them losing tonight.

Well I got that one very wrong. Cowboys look completely lost, you could even see it on their faces when the camera turned to the sidelines. Still don't have any faith in the Bears, can see them losing out the rest of the season.

After being very high on the Eagles heading into the season, the NFC East is pure trash this year, the only division with all teams having a losing record. Both Cowboys and Eagles still have control of their fate but even the 3-9 Redskins still could top the division. Despite all that, both the Eagles and Cowboys could up their game in a one off home match in the playoffs and knock out a contender

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Finally got my Superdome tickets sorted at the last minute, so looking forward to the game tomorrow.

Pity they didn't move it to the late game as 12 is early for a game like this!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭MileHighGuy

adrian522 wrote: »
    Finally got my Superdome tickets sorted at the last minute, so looking forward to the game tomorrow.

That should be a great game.

Have you gone to many "away" stadiums to watch 49er games? Would there be any issues/hassle wearing 49ers stuff in your experience?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

That should be a great game.

Have you gone to many "away" stadiums to watch 49er games? Would there be any issues/hassle wearing 49ers stuff in your experience?

No real issues in my only other away experience in Soldier field. I wore Kaepernick jersey that day, which was 4 years ago. You get a few good natured comments but not much more.

This weekend there are literally hundreds of 49ersnfans in town so it should make for a great atmosphere.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

Quiet on here this week

Saints off to a quick start against the Niners

• Registered Users Posts: 40,002 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Niners with a 75 yard bomb.

21-0 to the broncos against the Texans. Didn't expect that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Niners with a 75 yard bomb.

Defending from the two safeties was embarrassing to watch

• Advertisement

TheDoctor wrote: »
    Defending from the two safeties was embarrassing to watch

Well Emanuel sanders took what the defense gave him and good stuff remembering to keep going.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

This is some game in New Orleans.

You picked an epic game to go to!

No real issues in my only other away experience in Soldier field. I wore Kaepernick jersey that day, which was 4 years ago. You get a few good natured comments but not much more.

This weekend there are literally hundreds of 49ersnfans in town so it should make for a great atmosphere.

Cheers, would love to catch a Broncos game again, but my best chance is when they play on the East Coast, I was always a little reticent as I wouldn't want to have to hide my allegiances in the stadium.

Hope you enjoying the game, looks like a real barnburner.

4 TD lead for Denver. Amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Mysterypunter

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    21-0 to the broncos against the Texans. Didn't expect that.[/QUOTE
    Its 31-3 now, who would win the Texas derby? 2 right stiffs

Wtf is happening in Houston!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

The AFC South is what’s happening. I’d love to be able to figure that division out.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,146 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

Interesting to see if there will be any tweaks to gameplans at halftime in the 49ers v Saints game. 49ers inexperienced LBs and safety, due to injuries, giving up big plays nearly every time they seem to have Saints in a bad position. 49ers to get the ball after half time. Surely both teams can't keep up scoring like this

The Texans are having a mare.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Jolly Red Giant

Drew Lock - second ever game and he has been practically perfect in every way.

Denver might actually have found themselves a QB

• Registered Users Posts: 2,956 ✭✭✭mikemac2

Earl Thomas has been in the league since 2010

Today he got his first sack. Hard to believe it took so long

Kansan City Chiefs’ gear was accidentally sent to New Jersey instead of Foxboro. Has now arrived where it should be.

Wheels coming off for the Panthers, one minute down 20-10, but have the falcons 3rd down, backed up on their own 7.
    2 minutes later they are losing 30-10

Did Juscheyk buy that penalty for the 49ers?....seemed a bit soft? Delayed reaction? Especially with the situation, 3rd down, deep in the 4th of a tight game.

What a game this is in NO. Michael Thomas is just so good.

What a game this is in NO. Michael Thomas is just so good.

If the niners pull this out and win(not remotely a cert) then maybe fans might give them some respect.

Probably easy to say after the fact, but Shanahan calling the pass on 2nd down, to lose yards, drive them out of easy FG range, and subsequently stopping the clock on the make up yards...I dunno....again, easy after the fact, but memories of that Super Bowl call!

• Advertisement

FG fest in NJ.

Advertisement