Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Have you ever considered murdering somebody?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

wiggle16 wrote: »
    The Destroying Angel mushroom, amanita virosa, is very common and can be found growing from spring into the winter in Ireland. It is bright white, not very unlike a large portobello, apparently tastes quite good, and a single cap is enough to kill a human being. Symptoms of amatoxin poisoning can take up to 48 hours to present themselves after ingestion, by which time all care is palliative.

So yes, I have considered it.

We're also surrounded by poison hemlock and lots of other poisonous herbs and plants.

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭decky1

@Hammer89 your first 10 words are where i am now , thought of several things Murder is too quick , besides that i'm at the age where i don't want to spend the rest of my life in jail, no matter how well a murder is commited nowadays you will be caught, nobody's worth it. don't do it guy's.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,022 Mod ✭✭✭✭wiggle16

We're also surrounded by poison hemlock and lots of other poisonous herbs and plants.

Defo, but mushrooms are one that most people will readily eat if it's put in front of them as part of a dish and does not look or taste unusual or unpleasant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

The Destroying Angel mushroom, amanita virosa, is very common and can be found growing from spring into the winter in Ireland. It is bright white, not very unlike a large portobello, apparently tastes quite good, and a single cap is enough to kill a human being. Symptoms of amatoxin poisoning can take up to 48 hours to present themselves after ingestion, by which time all care is palliative.

Whenever you are hosting a dinner party, I am washing my hair.

I have watched & read my fair share of crime and murder mysteries.

I may or may not have my own little black book.

Defo, but mushrooms are one that most people will readily eat if it's put in front of them as part of a dish and does not look or taste unusual or unpleasant.

Easier than drying, powering and disguising plant material. As long as they eat shrooms

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    Whenever you are hosting a dinner party, I am washing my hair.

Try the chicken and mushroom soup. Try all of it.

It's to die for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭Alecto

I don't think I've ever imagined killing someone, anyone, other than myself of course :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,947 ✭✭✭✭banie01

I have often considered it, but the guilt and fear of being caught would deter me.

If I was to murder someone it would be an irrational reaction to anger etc., rather than premeditated and meticulously planned. I'm not that cracked.

That wouldn't be murder then Leg End, it'd mitigated to manslaughter.
    Murder requires a coincidence of Mens Rea and an Actus Reus.

A variety of defences to a murder charge allow for provocation.

Try the chicken and mushroom soup. Try all of it.

It's to die for.

it's a once in a lifetime opportunity.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

If I was a delivery driver and wasn't tipped at least 2 euro I'd probably murder the customer to be honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭Wayne Jarvis

I actually meant to PM you yesterday Wiggle, thank you for making me those garlic mushrooms on Sunday. They were delicious. I have felt a bit queasy today which is unlike me, I'm usually fighting fit and strong as an ox but I'm sure it will pass in a day or two.

Anyhoo, here is a picture of me smiling as a token of my appreciation. You are a good friend.

EEKXOURZ7Y3S5MFQCWYWWAJ6Z4.jpg

it's a once in a lifetime opportunity.

I'm afraid we haven't got.... time... for dessert.

I'm afraid we haven't got.... time... for dessert.

Desserts spelled backwards is stressed which is what I am at the moment with these stomach cramps that came on all of a sudden.

Guy Person wrote: »
    I actually meant to PM you yesterday Wiggle, thank you for making me those garlic mushrooms on Sunday. They were delicious. I have felt a bit queasy today which is unlike me, I'm usually fighting fit and strong as an ox but I'm sure it will pass in a day or two.
    Anyhoo, here is a picture of me smiling as a token of my appreciation. You are a good friend.

No bother, guy person.

New haircut, is it?

No bother, guy person.

New haircut, is it?
    Ah thanks for noticing! Not even one person has said anything about that to me today. They all just keep running away screaming for some reason??

• Advertisement

Absolutely 110 per cent no way never would I commit the crime of homicide. Could never even consider it. And I didn't, I didn't. I didn't do it I tell you and I don't know why you would even ask me. I don't know where the ****er went, probably just fecked off to Australia, what's strange about that? How would I know?

Desserts spelled backwards is stressed which is what I am at the moment with these stomach cramps that came on all of a sudden.

Oh dear! How disappointing! Have some more soup. Then you can take a nice long nap.

More champagne, anyone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭beejee

I have literally murdered people, figuratively.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 Don Joe

Have thought on it. I think a few measures, like travelling at night, in a car with fake plates, avoiding toll roads, dressed dark, maybe a ski mask, to a town hours away where you've zero connections, to kill a random person walking home from a club. Well, there's every chance you'd get away with it.

But really, what would be the feckin point!! Most people who would murder someone is a passion crime, or somebody who has done something to us or whatever. A random kill would be so depressingly pointless. A life lost for absolutely nothing.

Thinking about it now I'd never kill a Boards.ie user. It's not the going to jail part that puts me off, I'll go to jail for 30 years no bother but I wouldn't kill any of ye because I don't want to get a yellow card from a Mod.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,420 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

Don Joe wrote: »
    Have thought on it. I think a few measures, like travelling at night, in a car with fake plates, avoiding toll roads, dressed dark, maybe a ski mask, to a town hours away where you've zero connections, to kill a random person walking home from a club. Well, there's every chance you'd get away with it.

But really, what would be the feckin point!! Most people who would murder someone is a passion crime, or somebody who has done something to us or whatever. A random kill would be so depressingly pointless. A life lost for absolutely nothing.

Do one a year in lots of different places. You would go down in history as famous as Jack the Ripper.

I like the way nobody was surprised I'd poison people :(

I like the way nobody was surprised I'd poison people :(
    Here you are walking around toting a gun and you wonder why nobody is surprised you would murder?

477911d6eec548ce36d2d9f85d821cbb._SX1280_QL80_TTD_.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,742 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

I’d murder a cheeseburger

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭Dr. Colossus

I paint houses. I also do my own carpentry. ;)

Guy Person wrote: »
    Here you are walking around toting a gun and you wonder why nobody is surprised you would murder?

477911d6eec548ce36d2d9f85d821cbb._SX1280_QL80_TTD_.jpg
    :O it's a comic about a magical town called Widdershins? That's gas.
    She looks a bit like me!

I wouldn't mind a tiny pistol in a garter type holster but no doubt I'd blow my own foot off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

I buried a baldy man last night

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭Shady Grady

1976 in a club called the Hershey.A fool pulled a knife on me and I pulled my 38.Spent 10 years for that night. Judge me all you want I don't care.

theres one person i think i could kill and never think of it again if i knew id get away with it tbh

weird thing is i wouldnt want em to suffer. thats not in me.

but quick, sharp and dead? yeah id be able i think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭Better Than Christ

Omackeral wrote: »
    If I was a delivery driver and wasn't tipped at least 2 euro I'd probably murder the customer to be honest.

If they only tipped fifty cent or a euro, I'd probably just kneecap them. But if they didn't tip at all, I'd make them watch as I kill their entire family.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

I've killed a man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭Shady Grady

You all think you can take a life but on your terms. It doesn't happen like that but in the movies. Most who post in this thread will sit back and say they would do this or that. But truth be told they would be the ones hiding under tables screaming like bitches.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 784 ✭✭✭LaFuton

murder is murder whether done for duty, profit or fun - c. manson

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭tdf7187

Super-Rush wrote: »
    I've killed a man.

A man who looked like you?

(Future Sound of London reference)

I have met a few rotten people in my lifetime who I have thought would become better humans simply by means of their expiration. Only my responsibilities brought a halt to that line of thought, for the timebeing.

I mean truly horrible people. Sexually abusing young children left in their care. For various reasons they’ll continue to evade conventional justice, and I need no proof beyond what I have.

Should I find myself in years to come without the responsibility a loving wife and so on accord to me now, and still adequate of mind and body, I have a short list and plenty of darkness in me to match a means to their violent ends.

So yes, I certainly have.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭con___manx1

Murdering someone is easy its getting away with it that s the hard part.
    look at graham o dwyer.only for nature doing what it does he would have got away with it.

He dumped evidence in a shallow part of a lake. He obviously isn't very good at murder.
    Larry Murphy on the other hand. he defo murdered some of those women that went missing in the late 90ths and got away with it.
    He was caught by pure luck. Two deer poachers caught him in a black dark forest just before he murdered his next victim.
    Thank god for them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,308 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Yeah, pretty sure I could kill a person. Way easier than killing an animal anyway. And I have 9 years of experience on how to get away with it too!

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭DarkJ

Nearly murdered myself tonight. Stupidly lay down under the rear of my vehicle (ticking over in a garage) to find a leak. Felt a bit sick and lightheaded. Realised me gob was right under the exhaust pipe. Lesson learned...let someone I want to murder fix my leak in future.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭vixdname

For one or two in particular, I have no doubt in my mind that I would be capable and would possibly enjoy killing them.
    The world would be a better place without them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭AulWan

Good to know...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭Lewis_Benson

I'll murder you OP, at Street fighter 2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,580 ✭✭✭bassy

More rain for the weekend,so floodster could be busy again :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭fluke

My best friends would make jokes about the myriad ways we could do away with a certain person.

I can kind of see why they'd want him dead more than I do though. They had to endure my going on about him day and night for at least a week.

A week. For ‘at least’ a week???

Ffs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Porklife

Not murder per se but wishing somebody was dead - absolutely! If I read in the paper that my ex had been horrifically murdered, albeit not by me, I would be delighted! I don't hate anybody in the world expect for him and he truly deserves it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,872 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

bassy wrote: »

Nothing that total bastard enjoys more than getting his dick wet on a rainy weekend. Stay strong, OP!

• Advertisement

fluke wrote: »
    A week. For ‘at least’ a week???

Ffs

What?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Sorry about that

When I hear the “It’s oh so quiiiiiet, SHHHH SHHHH” song, I consider murdering anyone at all at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭Greyfox

It's scary the amount of people on here who say they could murder someone, maybe we have a few secret serial killers here on boards :o

I have definitely met people in life where if I heard they were killed I'd think they deserved it and I could do serious damage to someone in extreme circumstances but murder, no way, its a step too far!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭Hammer89

bassy wrote: »

He's a bollox. You couldn't leave him alone with a jam donut let alone a spouse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭fluke

What?!

You going on about someone for a week is hardly grounds for your buds planning a murder, but I get they're being supportive.

• Advertisement
Advertisement