Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Laya Clinic

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

It says anyone can use them, bit pointless if you have Laya Health Insurance if you have to wait behind someone that doesnt

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭ChewBerecca

Mc Love wrote: »
    It says anyone can use them, bit pointless if you have Laya Health Insurance if you have to wait behind someone that doesnt

I've used the Vhi Swiftcare in Dundrum when I lived in Leinster a number of times before it became Vhi only, never waited more than 40 mins as a walk in and the longest waits were because kids were being carried in with bones sticking up in limbs/limbs at wrong angles so were prioritised.

Whenever I make an appointment with my local GP, I'm still left waiting close to 40 mins after my scheduled time. If they have a similar process to the Vhi clinics they will be a step up in my eyes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,866 ✭✭✭lisasimpson

When the VHI swiftcare clinics 1st opened anyone could use the. I used the one in Mahon in cork even though I had Laya cover at the time. A bit pricey but you didnt have to wait long and even got a chest xray done there and then. Now you can only use swiftcare if you are a VHI holder

The sooner the Laya clinic comes to Limerick the better with the conditions in the hospital and how long you can be left waiting for a GP appoinrmenr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭Miike

This is some demented logic. Fúck triage, I'm a Laya member and therefore I should be seen first :confused:
    When the VHI swiftcare clinics 1st opened anyone could use the. I used the one in Mahon in cork even though I had Laya cover at the time. A bit pricey but you didnt have to wait long and even got a chest xray done there and then. Now you can only use swiftcare if you are a VHI holder

The sooner the Laya clinic comes to Limerick the better with the conditions in the hospital and how long you can be left waiting for a GP appoinrmenr

VHI Swiftcare was majority owned by Centric Health, when VHI bought 100% ownership c. 2017 they restricted the use of the clinics to VHI members only. I can't see Laya operating a clinic to members only in Limerick where options are quite limited for private solutions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Miike wrote: »
    This is some demented logic. Fúck triage, I'm a Laya member and therefore I should be seen first :confused:

I take it you dont have Health Insurance?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,174 ✭✭✭1huge1

Did anyone ever find out where abouts this in Limerick this will be?

My Irish Life plan covers this and would be handy to know its there as an option.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,823 ✭✭✭Comhrá

xii wrote: »

I heard a few months back that it was to be located at the former Ivan's Shop at Caherdavin Cross on the Ennis Road. Not sure if there's any truth in the story though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,694 ✭✭✭thesimpsons

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Comhra wrote: »
    I heard a few months back that it was to be located at the former Ivan's Shop at Caherdavin Cross on the Ennis Road. Not sure if there's any truth in the story though.

It's in Ivans. Planning was granted a few months back. I don't know if the fit out has started yet though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,174 ✭✭✭1huge1

Thanks all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Shazamm

must be opening soon?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,379 ✭✭✭Tefral

Stripout is complete. Works to fit it out are starting next week.

Tefral wrote: »
    Stripout is complete. Works to fit it out are starting next week.

Good it's badly needed

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,917 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Shazamm wrote: »
    must be opening soon?

Loads of progress over the last week or so. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 864 ✭✭✭manna452121

Hopefully they will clean up the large car park,also part of Ivans,its full of cans,bottles etc and weeds.

Hopefully they will clean up the large car park,also part of Ivans,its full of cans,bottles etc and weeds.

Looks like they are doing just that

Advertisement