Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jessica Yaniv refused service at gynaecologist's office

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Dante7

Brian? wrote: »
    Trans women commit sexual offences at much lower rates than men. Where did you get your information from?

FOI request from the British MOJ. 60 of the 125 trans inmates in the UK were convicted of sex offences, compared to 18% of the male prison population.

https://fairplayforwomen.com/campaigns/prisons/
    I didn't. That was my point, I was using sarcasm to make a point.

So you were talking crap, with zero evidence. Sums up your contribution to this debate.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭Ironicname

Brian? wrote:
    Why would I worry about it? How would it affect me in any way, shape or form?

I'm not asking you to worry about it.

I'm just asking when will you eventually say "enough is enough" and no longer accept what is obviously bull****.

There is no difference between not accepting a black man isn't a white man and not accepting that a man is not a woman.

Just seeing where your line in the sand is.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,117 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

In theory, is there any reason why self ID laws could not come in for other types of dysphoria?
    In theory, is there any reason why 'it's ok to kill people you don't like' (as seen in The Purge) laws could not come in for other types of rage?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

In theory, is there any reason why 'it's ok to kill people you don't like' (as seen in The Purge) laws could not come in for other types of rage?

ummm....wat?

What the hell are you talking about?

Are you suggesting that wanting to reclassifying a belief that you are what you are not as a mental illness is the same as wanting to kill people you don't like?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

The posters here with names like Brian and Andrew insisting that women must allow a man with testicles and penis use the women’s changing room at the gym if he wants to because he says he’s a woman are the most interesting posts on Boards today. Very telling.

ummm....wat?
    Ironicname wrote: »
    What the hell are you talking about?

Are you suggesting that wanting to reclassifying a belief that you are what you are not as a mental illness is the same as wanting to kill people you don't like?
    What I'm suggesting is that trying to rile people up by making up fantasies about what kind of laws could possibly be passed in the future is plain and simple sh1tstirring.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,427 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

I'm not asking you to worry about it.

I'm just asking when will you eventually say "enough is enough" and no longer accept what is obviously bull****.

There is no difference between not accepting a black man isn't a white man and not accepting that a man is not a woman.

Just seeing where your line in the sand is.

Again. One is a recognised condition and the other isn't. That's the difference. If you can't see that, you're being wilfully ignorant of the facts.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

splinter65 wrote: »
    The posters here with names like Brian and Andrew insisting that women must allow a man with testicles and penis use the women’s changing room at the gym if he wants to because he says he’s a woman are the most interesting posts on Boards today. Very telling.

Show me where I insisted that. Ffs, you can't simply make **** up to score points.

they/them/theirs

In theory, is there any reason why self ID laws could not come in for other types of dysphoria?

In theory, anything is possible.

they/them/theirs

• Advertisement

Very interesting how the male feminist posters are demanding men below allowed into female spaces.

It's more interesting that it's not happening and you're the 2nd poster to say it is.

they/them/theirs

What I'm suggesting is that trying to rile people up by making up fantasies about what kind of laws could possibly be passed in the future is plain and simple sh1tstirring.
    answer the question. I'm not saying other dysphorias WILL get Self ID laws, i'm asking COULD they and if not, why not. Your deflection suggests you dont like the answer.

if its sh1tstirring to ask a perfectly legitimate hypothetical question then pass me the brown spoon.

Show me where I insisted that. Ffs, you can't simply make **** up to score points.

Same for me too.

Or just to save you time, I'll confirm that I never said anything about anyone in any changing room - so you're just making **** up to score points - probably because you're struggling to argue with anything that I've actually said.

answer the question. I'm not saying other dysphorias WILL get Self ID laws, i'm asking COULD they and if not, why not. Your deflection suggests you dont like the answer.

I honestly don't see the point of that. As I said earlier the perceived morality in society constantly changes. So self ID laws could mean anything in future.

they/them/theirs

So you agree with me then that if I’ve got out of the shower in the ladies changing room in the gym and I’m standing naked with one leg on a bench drying between my legs that I shouldn’t have to be confronted with a person drying his testicles and penis?

HER testicles and penis ;)

Brian? wrote:
    I honestly don't see the point of that. As I said earlier the perceived morality in society constantly changes. So self ID laws could mean anything in future.

Which is why questioning where you will draw the line in the sand is valid.

HER testicles and penis

Haha. It is that lunacy that makes me convinced it's all a windup.

It has to be.

Please let it be.

Haha. It is that lunacy that makes me convinced it's all a windup.

It has to be.

Please let it be.

Its not a wind up. Its the law. Thats how far we've gone down the rabbit hole.

Its not a wind up. Its the law. Thats how far we've gone down the rabbit hole.

True.

Sets a dangerous precedent.

How can we honestly tell someone they can't self determine their age? After all age is just a social construct.

Anyway, best not to worry about things until it's too late apparently.

• Advertisement

if its sh1tstirring to ask a perfectly legitimate hypothetical question then pass me the brown spoon.

You're asking about what laws COULD be passed in the future? If we elect an idiot like Trump, we could pass laws like Ohio that require doctors to carry out medical impossibilities in cases of ectopic pregnancies. You might as well ask if we're going to have a white Christmas or who's going to win the All Ireland next year. It's a nonsensical question, as you know well. It's only purpose is to do the work of the brown spoon.

Very interesting how the male feminist posters are demanding men below allowed into female spaces.

Could you point to any posts on this thread demanding that men be allowed into female spaces please?

Your pal Andrew seems obsessed with 'teaching' children about sex
    It's awful isn't it - the idea that children should be educated about sex. Revolutionary stuff. Does the idea of educated children threaten you?

It will mean men like Larry Murphy and Joseph Mccann hanging out in the ladies.

But sure 'progress' and all that.
    You may not have noticed, but most ladies loos don't have armed security on the door. If Larry Murphy or Joseph McCann want to hang out in ladies loos, they'll do it regardless of what clothes they wear or what self ID laws apply.

The real threat to Irish women is indeed the Larry Murphys and the Joseph McCanns and the men who beat and bully their partners. But some people want to rile people up about the bogeyman (or bogeywoman) in the loo - a problem that doesn't exist. Why the distraction from dealing with the real issues?
    So you agree with me then that if I’ve got out of the shower in the ladies changing room in the gym and I’m standing naked with one leg on a bench drying between my legs that I shouldn’t have to be confronted with a person drying his testicles and penis?

How about we start with you having the decency to apologise and withdraw your false allegation and we'll take it from there?

'Women are already getting raped so we have to allow men into female spaces'.

Fantastic logic there Andrew, absolutely brilliant stuff.
    Fascinating how you have to change my words and come up with a quotation of something that I didn't actually say in order to get outraged - a very Trumpian 'fake news' approach.

I don't change anything pal, it's your own warped logic.
    You made it up from your own twisted imagination. I didn't say anything about who should be let into what spaces. You made it up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Dante7

'Women are already getting raped so we have to allow men into female spaces'.

Fantastic logic there Andrew, absolutely brilliant stuff.

You see this argument from the beardy woke blokes all over twitter. It basically boils down to, predators will rape you anyway, so let's remove existing safeguards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

iguana wrote: »
    Who the fućk ignores that? It's actually possible to care about more than one thing at once. It's also possible to see an issue as complex, multi-layered, multi-faceted and interconnected? Male violence is a serious issue for women and the reason that many women are concerned about the opening up of safer spaces is because we are absolutely well aware of male violence against women. Many of us have in fact experienced it and don't want to be ever more fearful of experiencing it in spaces that were created to give us a greater degree of safety.

The fact is this is an incredibly, incredibly complex issue. Transpeople also deserve safety and spaces for transpeople need to be created. I don't particularly think that a male prison would be a safe space for a transwoman. But it's also obvious that women imprisoned with a transwoman with a history of violent crimes are being put at greater risk. Male toilets won't always be safe for transwomen and women won't always be safe with self-ID'd men in women's toilets. No clear way forward, that puts everyone's safety first, will ever be found if we pretend that neither of those facts are true. Both sides have genuine issues and the way forward is to acknowledge all concerns and find a solution that doesn't involve telling women to budge up. Again.

Yes. Can we find a solution that doesn’t chip away at very hard-won women’s rights?

You may not have noticed, but most ladies loos don't have armed security on the door. If Larry Murphy or Joseph McCann want to hang out in ladies loos, they'll do it regardless of what clothes they wear or what self ID laws apply.

The real threat to Irish women is indeed the Larry Murphys and the Joseph McCanns and the men who beat and bully their partners. But some people want to rile people up about the bogeyman (or bogeywoman) in the loo - a problem that doesn't exist. Why the distraction from dealing with the real issues?

How about we start with you having the decency to apologise and withdraw your false allegation and we'll take it from there?

First things first I have absolutely NOTHING to apologise to you for BUT I certainly will apologise if you confirm that you agree with me concerning my right not to be confronted with a naked man in a women only enclosure.
    Secondly Larry Murphy and Joseph McCann could always wander into a ladies only enclosure before but the ladies would have been entitled to object and have them ejected. You are now telling the ladies that they must suck it up and take the risk, because men dressed as women must be accommodated over their concerns because .....feelings?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

No woman should ever have to see any penis she doesnt want to, making laws that force spaces where women are in a state of undress to accept people with penises is dangerous.

I fund it funny that the same people who are in the

“Men are a danger to women, women are sexually assaulted all the time and always in danger from men”
    “We need to allow such wide open laws on abortion because if this obscure edge case”

Are also the same people that think that a man ‘self id’ing as a woman, entering a womens changing room and intentionally exposing himself to women and little girls is a completely made up possibility so far from reality that its not even an ‘edge case’

No woman should ever have to see any penis she doesnt want to, making laws that force spaces where women are in a state of undress to accept people with penises is dangerous.

I fund it funny that the same people who are in the

“Men are a danger to women, women are sexually assaulted all the time and always in danger from men”
    “We need to allow such wide open laws on abortion because if this obscure edge case”
    Wrong again. You're going to struggle to find any such comment from me about abortion.

First things first I have absolutely NOTHING to apologise to you for BUT I certainly will apologise if you confirm that you agree with me concerning my right not to be confronted with a naked man in a women only enclosure.
    Secondly Larry Murphy and Joseph McCann could always wander into a ladies only enclosure before but the ladies would have been entitled to object and have them ejected. You are now telling the ladies that they must suck it up and take the risk, because men dressed as women must be accommodated over their concerns because .....feelings?

You have to apologise to me for your false allegation that; "The posters here with names like Brian and Andrew insisting that women must allow a man with testicles and penis use the women’s changing room at the gym if he wants to because he says he’s a woman" when I never said any such thing. Anytime you're ready now...

Yes. Can we find a solution that doesn’t chip away at very hard-won women’s rights?
    Dante7 wrote: »
    You see this argument from the beardy woke blokes all over twitter. It basically boils down to, predators will rape you anyway, so let's remove existing safeguards.
    Wrong on the beard, and wrong on the safeguards. What stops men going into these 'safe spaces' today if they choose? Are there invisible toilet security guards everywhere that I've missed or something?

Which is why questioning where you will draw the line in the sand is valid.

It’s a distraction. We are talking about transgender rights. Which is complicated enough to discuss with the arguments to the absurd.

they/them/theirs

• Advertisement

Why would I engage with you if you’re going to simply make things up? Please acknowledge that your previous post was incorrect and we can continue.

they/them/theirs

Advertisement