Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EUR600 Budget

Options
  • 04-12-2019 12:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭

Hi,

I was lurking on a couple of other threads so just posting here.

I have a budget of max EUR600. Time is against me (Christmas :eek:) so looking for something pre-built (please feel free to close this post as appreciate that this is a PC Building forum). Anyone any suggestions on what I might get for that budget (I know it's limited for a gaming PC).

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Just the PC or also peripherals (mouse/keyboard, monitor, headset)?

You can get a decent little runner from CCL.

If you want Windows pre-installed, €600 will get you the base config (Delta X1 with Ryzen 1200/RX 570 8Gb), or if you're willing to install Windows 10 yourself you can upgrade the CPU (Ryzen 5 2600), SSD size (960Gb) or graphics card (GTX 1660).

Only compromise is that the motherboard it comes with is A320 chipset so no CPU overclocking.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭B Rabbit

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Just the PC or also peripherals (mouse/keyboard, monitor, headset)?

You can get a decent little runner from CCL.

If you want Windows pre-installed, €600 will get you the base config (Delta X1 with Ryzen 1200/RX 570 8Gb), or if you're willing to install Windows 10 yourself you can upgrade the CPU (Ryzen 5 2600), SSD size (960Gb) or graphics card (GTX 1660).

Only compromise is that the motherboard it comes with is A320 chipset so no CPU overclocking.

Just want to chime in and say CCL were super fast with delivery my black friday purchases. Very pleased with them.

Still waiting on amazon.... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

B Rabbit wrote: »
    Just want to chime in and say CCL were super fast with delivery my black friday purchases. Very pleased with them.

Wish my order was the same... Still waiting as apparently Corsair ram is a special order item and they are waiting for it to come in even though it was in stock when I bought it....

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I was very impressed with overclcokers.co.uk when I ordered my parts. Two day delivery mind you amazon were fast also but it depends on what you order. I bought a graphics card from the uk amazon another time and was waiting a while for it as it came from France for some reason and even though it was only from France it still took a long time till I got it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭Homelander

I would really avoid Ryzen 1200. It's not worth the saving. It's equivalent of a 6 year old i5. 1500x at a bare minimum, but all new builds should really be going for ryzen 2600 as the baseline.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭paulocon2

How quick did they deliver?

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭B Rabbit

paulocon2 wrote: »
    How quick did they deliver?

Delivered on Monday

Delivered on Monday

Thanks. Just onto them there and they are saying 20-21 days due to Black Friday/Cyber Monday.

Any suggestions for elsewhere? Are there any stores in Ireland that I can buy direct from?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

First one is - decent-ish, but you can buy better, for cheaper (e.g. see this thread: https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058036149)

Second one - eh. I'd haggle down, especially since you'll have to replace the CPU/motherboard/RAM down the line.

• Advertisement

Agree with the above, first one is too expensive for what it is, you would buy same new for less, second PC I would stay away from personally, all the parts are really old and there's no upgradability at all.

Homelander wrote: »
    Agree with the above, first one is too expensive for what it is, you would buy same new for less, second PC I would stay away from personally, all the parts are really old and there's no upgradability at all.

Thanks for the advice. I'll keep looking so, my big issue (leaving it late as always) is finding something that will deliver in time!

What are your thoughts on this..

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/ocuk-gaming-ignition-rg-amd-ryzen-5-3400g-rx-vega-11-next-day-gaming-pc-fs-1cg-ep.html

Seems more up to date and is something that can be expanded in time if needs be.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Them integrated graphic APU's are not that great far better than Intels integrated graphics but you cannot beat a dedicated graphics card.

If you are stuck pick up a second hand card like a Rx 470/570/480/580 as it will be far better.

I would not get that. Something like Fortnite or Counter Strike would run OK but most new big games wouldn't even run on low settings. New Call of Duty for example would be unplayable.

As an example this would would run Call of Duty or similar games at ultra settings fine. Get it without Windows and install Windows yourself, it's very easy, costs nothing, and the trial version of Windows 10 will work forever without needing activation.

Not saying buy this exact one but an idea. The one from overclockers is useless really.

https://www.cclonline.com/pc/gaming-pcs/elite/ccl-elite-gx-gaming-pc/

Advertisement