Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free Premier League Games with Amazon Prime

Comments

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,043 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

I guess it’s because everyone uses LiveScore and Forza football alerts these days and the alerts are coming in before the goal is scored on tv. A simple solution would be for people to put their phones away when watching games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,664 ✭✭✭Zimmerframe

I watched the Liverpool game tonight armed only with Three mobile broadband and the picture quality was excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭Dutchy

Are Amazon planning on streaming more games this season or is that our lot ?

Dutchy wrote: »
    Are Amazon planning on streaming more games this season or is that our lot ?

That’s it for this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 aslanroars

City game on Amazon tomorrow .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,579 ✭✭✭bassy

Aquos76 wrote: »

be interesting when the new epl tv rights come up,amazon I think will get a nice deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭Dutchy

Yeah bar city game tomorrow . Ta

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,917 ✭✭✭Soarer

That game this evening was definitely 52 out of 18.

hello m8 long time no hear hope you and the family had a lovely xmas :) do you remember selling me the art sports card for 13.e :) them were the days.satelite dishes in a few years will be obsolete :( I still have a 1.85m offset dish motoriesd here for the boxing ppv feeds on 10.e the epl feeds on 3.w etc
    hope all is good :)

bassy wrote: »
    hello m8 long time no hear hope you and the family had a lovely xmas :) do you remember selling me the art sports card for 13.e :) them were the days.satelite dishes in a few years will be obsolete :( I still have a 1.85m offset dish motoriesd here for the boxing ppv feeds on 10.e the epl feeds on 3.w etc
    hope all is good :)

Oh the Art Sport Cards, those sure way the days ok, that must me over 15 years ago now :)

• Advertisement

Oh the Art Sport Cards, those sure way the days ok, that must me over 15 years ago now :)

longer I would say m8,oh how times have changed and pool to win the lge :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,042 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Ever think of investigating the problems as they're most likely your side. If you're using WiFi plug a decent laptop with gigabit Ethernet port in a test your wired speed. It's most likely local interference, nothing to do with your provider

oh i've been on to virgin loads and eir and sky before them and explored all the avenues but while i can get a decent service at times, it never stays and if im streaming on one device, there is quite simply no hope for any other kind of internet connection ie if i want to dial into work or something id just be wasting my time.
    even plugged into the router, speeds are up and down like a yoyo.

anyway, i got the bulk of the match this evening. only went haywire right after the final whistle do i couldnt get to watch the pundits which in fairness probably suited the wife!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭recyclops

Best part about it all was yesterday I was in three different houses visiting and each one logged onto my prime account using different methods and everyone was happy.

The value this model gives blows sky etc out of the water and if amazon play their cards well sky etc will be in big trouble.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Excellent service, flicked on and off games between the constant watching of the Gruffalo etc with the kids......

Been able to bring my fire stick with me as well on hols is brill

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭LowOdour

Watched 3 games yesterday, picture/streaming quality was excellent.

If Amazon provided a few games a month to start off with, would definitely ditch Netflix for it

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,352 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I guess it’s because everyone uses LiveScore and Forza football alerts these days and the alerts are coming in before the goal is scored on tv. A simple solution would be for people to put their phones away when watching games.

I always mute alerts for games I'm actually watching. Well used to it after years of dodgy streams!

What I did like, which I know Sky has as well but this was easier, so I was watching game.....came back and a couple of goals.....was really easy to just go back in and watch replays......

I have amazon on 3 months but with this and decent seletion Imight keep as well as Netfliz......I canned Sky a few months back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

kindalen wrote: »
    This.

Streaming is the future, but the delay is a problem that has to be resolved asap.

It's not something that can be resolved though, it's the internet, there is something like a 40 second buffer AFAIK...

I know on the internet radio station I am on we have a gap of about 40 seconds between live and what is going out, I assume similar applies to the TV, infact, audio and video combined probably have worse of a delay...

kindalen wrote: »
    This.

Streaming is the future, but the delay is a problem that has to be resolved asap.

Unless your willing to pay a couple of 100k and then 10K a year rental for dark fibre delay is not going to disappear.....

As speeds of internet increase so has the quality. Take the quality of the premiership images from 10 years ago and pump them. Down the same lines you would have minimal delay but then everyone would be complaining of sh*t

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 432 ✭✭Boxcar_Willie

Does anyone have a working link to the live Amazon chat ?
    I did use it before but can't locate it now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

First hit on google
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/contact-us

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 432 ✭✭Boxcar_Willie

That only allows email or call .
    I'm looking for the chat option .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,242 ✭✭✭✭muffler

That only allows email or call .
    I'm looking for the chat option .
    That link is giving me call or chat options

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 629 ✭✭✭Private Joker

Download the amazon app, that's what I done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Have been looking at a family member's account. I see a their UK account is laid out much different to an Irish one. One example being there's lots to purchase on the UK side. Am able watch Fleabag series 2 in Ireland, but the UK version requires a payment as it's not included with Prime.

Just curious if anyone who has settings changed to UK seen this particular change occurring everything now in £sterling?

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭.E_C_K_S.

Hoping someone might be able to help....

I signed up for the 6 months student deal that was posted here but I cannot seem to see the games being listed on the Amazon video app.

Is there something else I need to subscribe to? Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

.E_C_K_S. wrote: »
    Hoping someone might be able to help....

I signed up for the 6 months student deal that was posted here but I cannot seem to see the games being listed on the Amazon video app.

Is there something else I need to subscribe to? Thanks!

Contact support on chat. I had the same at I also have a student account. Tell them you live in the UK but are not seeing the premier League football

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,794 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Don't forget to cancel if you only signed up for the football.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭antimatterx

lertsnim wrote: »
    Don't forget to cancel if you only signed up for the football.

It's cheap. and provides a lot of other good services in addition to football.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,794 ✭✭✭lertsnim

It's cheap. and provides a lot of other good services in addition to football.

Yes but some only signed up for football and may not want anything else that's offered.

Advertisement