Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free Premier League Games with Amazon Prime

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,734 ✭✭✭larchielads

Watchin the footie here now. Im in the ROI but usin uk addresspal as billing address was switched over to uk prime 2 weeks ago by customer service chat with in a couple of mins.
    Suppose ill know more on the 1st if i still have it. No uhd 4kr games though im assuming its 1080p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 589 ✭✭✭MorganIRL

Yes still able to watch the games. I presume it's because I have the UK address from the start of the firestick...

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭2lazytogetup

How is this free in the thread title? Isn't amazon prime a pay service? Do you get free movies with sky movies? A free steering wheel when you buy a car?

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Morrisp

How is this free in the thread title? Isn't amazon prime a pay service? Do you get free movies with sky movies? A free steering wheel when you buy a car?

Because it’s added premier league in addition to normal paid movies box sets fee , cannot see why your so confused

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Bill Ponderosa

Still working here, happy days.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Bill Ponderosa

I'll miss prime for the football as the picture quality is super, sky are still charging extra for HD ffs never mind 4k!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 589 ✭✭✭MorganIRL

This thread has been going a year.. why put a comment up now when u know the answers..as someone said the price of prime hasn't gone up since they have added the soccer.. so basically it's free to a service that we have been happy to pay for before soccer was added

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,850 ✭✭✭bromley52

cuculainn wrote: »
    Does this require a VPN?

Yes

If you can change your DNS, Getflix is a good option with their smart DNS. You can get 2 years for about €30 with promo code 70CHRISTMAS2020. As far as I'm aware it's a lifetime 70% discount off their 2 year plan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭Wheety

Did people who have been changed to Ireland have their location in Content and Devices set to UK?

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,043 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

My default location is in Ireland, I do have a PM and addresspal address on my account also, and I’ve always had the football and i still have it. I did get the email yesterday though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭Del007

I think the 4K firestick isn't for Ireland, as in you could only buy it through parcel motel and the likes. The normal firestick should still work if it was setup with prime video.

I'm using my brother's prime video account, he's based in the uk. it'll be interesting to see how long it lasts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,248 ✭✭✭Mav11

Wheety wrote: »
    Did people who have been changed to Ireland have their location in Content and Devices set to UK?

Yes. Prime is now telling me that content is restricted because I'm using a vpn and to turn it off:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,519 ✭✭✭irishgeo

Mine still works. Shield no VPN. Got the email too.

Not sure what address I used.

Mav11 wrote: »
    Yes. Prime is now telling me that content is restricted because I'm using a vpn and to turn it off:mad:

Are you using a VPN?

Are you using a VPN?

Yes. SurfShark. Set to the Manchester server.

Mav11 wrote: »
    Yes. SurfShark.

Did you try it without? I'm not using one and never have. I have UK Prime.

Did you try it without? I'm not using one and never have. I have UK Prime.

If I do I'm told that due to geographical rights restrictions etc. content not available. Seems I can't win. Will consider cancelling but will certainly not renew my prime subscription with .co.uk!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,042 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Del007 wrote: »
    I think the 4K firestick isn't for Ireland, as in you could only buy it through parcel motel and the likes. The normal firestick should still work if it was setup with prime video.

I'm using my brother's prime video account, he's based in the uk. it'll be interesting to see how long it lasts

No fire stick was ever available for sale in Ireland afaik.

I’m in the boat as you, using my cousins account (lives in London) on my fire stick, no vpn.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭kindalen

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,980 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Seve OB wrote: »

I’m in the boat as you, using my cousins account (lives in London) on my fire stick, no vpn.

Argos and Curry’s sell them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭Del007

Seve OB wrote: »

What I meant was that amazon would post a normal firestick to your door in ireland but not the 4k version.

That's what they told me on amazon chat

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,242 ✭✭✭✭muffler

I watched 2 football matches this evening and I dont have a VPN. Got the email yesterday same as everyone and it clearly states that it changes on 1st January. Amazon's football matches are on Premier Sports so it wont be an issue ... for me anyhow.

With all this talk about VPNs I think people may be doing themselves more harm than good. This is from the Amazon website ....
    Prime Video doesn’t support streaming content through Virtual Private Network (VPN) or proxy connections. To watch Prime Video, you must disable these services on your device or try switching to another available connection.

LINK - not sure if that link will work for non prime members.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,664 ✭✭✭Zimmerframe

irishgeo wrote: »
    Mine still works. Shield no VPN. Got the email too.

Ditto

Shield Tv and Firestick 4k , iphone, ipad, vpn switched off all still working. Got the email though.
    Address used Parcel Wizard

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,142 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

muffler wrote:
    With all this talk about VPNs I think people may be doing themselves more harm than good. This is from the Amazon website ....

VPNs are very hit and miss with amazon UK. Smart DNS however are cheaper & better

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,042 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Del007 wrote: »
    What I meant was that amazon would post a normal firestick to your door in ireland but not the 4k version.

That's what they told me on amazon chat

When I got mine a couple of years ago, the normal version, it was not possible to get in shipped here. I had to use PM

Guess it’s changed now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,344 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Watched one match through Xbox, one match on laptop this evening.

Piggybacking on brother's account, no problems at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭gussieg

the fire tv on sale in currys are 4k. im wondering can i get now tv ireland version to work on a uk firestick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,917 ✭✭✭Soarer

So as to save an old man trawling back through the thread....

I also got the email that things are changing from January 1st, and I'm currently watching UK Prime without issue.
    Is there still a big difference in content between UK and Irish Prime?
    Are the Premier League matches shown on the Irish version of Prime?
    I'm assuming it's the Irish version of Prime that Eir supply with their service?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,242 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Soarer wrote: »
    Is there still a big difference in content between UK and Irish Prime?
    Im not the best person to answer that but its very subjective anyhow. There is a lot more content on the UK Prime and my wife says its a noticeable difference while my son says there's little difference. All down to the type of programmes you watch I suppose.

Are the Premier League matches shown on the Irish version of Prime?
    No.

I'm assuming it's the Irish version of Prime that Eir supply with their service?
    Yes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,917 ✭✭✭Soarer

muffler wrote: »
    Im not the best person to answer that but its very subjective anyhow. There is a lot more content on the UK Prime and my wife says its a noticeable difference while my son says there's little difference. All down to the type of programmes you watch I suppose.

Cool.
    No.

Bollox
    Yes.

Bollox again.

Advertisement