Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free Premier League Games with Amazon Prime

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 589 ✭✭✭MorganIRL

Shazamm wrote: »
    Has anyone used the webchat to change their location to the uk today?

That was the previous work around for prime -

I had that done before, Brexit has removed that option. I presume it figures out ur IP and controls it that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Shazamm

MorganIRL wrote: »
    I had that done before, Brexit has removed that option. I presume it figures out ur IP and controls it that way.

have you tried it today?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,016 ✭✭✭Barr

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Join getflix sorted

Does anyone know if getflix works directly on a LG tv .

I only watch prime through the app on the TV and looking for the simplest option to get the football back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,890 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

I had mine changed to UK, everything worked perfectly up until last night. Now I get geo blocked message for almost every show I try to watch.

Tried PureVPN set to UK but made no difference.

Never watched much but I'll be cancelling Prime now. Postage will be a nightmare and no TV means it is useless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭Nate--IRL--

have you tried it today?

I have, no joy.

Nate

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,142 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Barr wrote:
    Does anyone know if getflix works directly on a LG tv .

I don't know the answer to that but to get getflix working you need to be able to change the dns settings on the broadband router, tv or streaming stick. Virgin won't let you change the dns. Sony won't let you change the dns settings on their TV. Don't know about LG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

Does it work on firesticks?? I have eyeepeeteevv so it's not a big issue.. for me :-)

Any chance you could DM me the details of eyepeeteevee? Looking to see what it’s all about

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,386 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Wife not happy, she was rewatching desperate housewives in the lockdowns and that's gone from the Irish prime..I've of upfront till July but I reckon I'll be cancelling sub as the benefits are gone I think now with Brexit..

Desperate Housewives is on Irish Prime.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,248 ✭✭✭Mav11

Is there anyway to find out the list of content on Irish prime? I presume you have to get onto Amazon to change your location back to Ireland to view?

Mav11 wrote: »
    Is there anyway to find out the list of content on Irish prime? I presume you have to get onto Amazon to change your location back to Ireland to view?

Simply able to view on the primevideo dot com website without a log in.

• Advertisement

have you tried it today?

I had limited programs available earlier today, which I presumed was cause I was UK 'resident' in Eire. When I put my real address in it freed up certain series but alot unavailable including some kids stuff which I found weird.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,850 ✭✭✭bromley52

Any chance you could DM me the details of eyepeeteevee? Looking to see what it’s all about

Dad, Is that you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,248 ✭✭✭Mav11

Simply able to view on the primevideo dot com website without a log in.

Thanks, do you have a link because I can’t find it? Simply tells me to log in to my Amazon account to view. As I’m registered with a uk address all I can see is the stuff I can’t view:D

Mav11 wrote: »
    Thanks, do you have a link because I can’t find it? Simply tells me to log in to my Amazon account to view. As I’m registered with a uk address all I can see is the stuff I can’t view:D

https://www.primevideo.com/

I think I have changed back to Irish prime, but not coming up as a free option, maybe that is where I have confused the situation

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,917 ✭✭✭Soarer

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Vpn is easily detected so use a smart dns

Postage isn’t a nightmare, we pay Irish vat rather than U.K. vat so the prices are slightly more for us and nothing to pay at the door it’s all auto at checkout but that’s for another thread

You sure?

Even after Brexit?

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭chrismcc409

I have getflix working on Windows and firestick. It won't work on my mobile though. Android 10 samsung galaxy. The dns seems okay on getflix portal and dns leak test. Is there some other option you have to do on a mobile phone?
    I tried switching off location too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,142 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

I have getflix working on Windows and firestick. It won't work on my mobile though. Android 10 samsung galaxy. The dns seems okay on getflix portal and dns leak test. Is there some other option you have to do on a mobile phone? I tried switching off location too.

You can only use one ip address. I assume windows & Firestick are home broadband. You cell phone /data will have a different ip address. Have you tried using the home WiFi network on your phone. This should work

I think I have changed back to Irish prime, but not coming up as a free option, maybe that is where I have confused the situation

You likely haven't there is no option to pay for content on Irish prime for a start.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,344 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

I had mine changed to UK, everything worked perfectly up until last night. Now I get geo blocked message for almost every show I try to watch.

Tried PureVPN set to UK but made no difference.

Never watched much but I'll be cancelling Prime now. Postage will be a nightmare and no TV means it is useless.

Saw this on Twitter with regards to postage from German Amazon v U.K.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,087 ✭✭✭Jofspring

I've just tried a few different items on Amazon. Some stuff is actually decreasing in price when I change delivery to Irish address. Then adds import fee deposit and brings it up to the same price as if I was getting it delivered to the UK. I had two items that were actually cheaper in total when getting sent to an Irish address

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,579 ✭✭✭bassy

not worth the hassle unless the get a bigger cut of premier league games,we shall see when the tv renewals are next up.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Shazamm

I have, no joy.

Nate

what did they say on the webchat?

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭chrismcc409

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    You can only use one ip address. I assume windows & Firestick are home broadband. You cell phone /data will have a different ip address. Have you tried using the home WiFi network on your phone. This should work

Thanks but I'm in the home WiFi. I've an android tablet I'll try it on later. I had issues originally with my router and I had to turn off dhcp for ip6. I have to kindle fires as well but I can't even get them work even with a static ip but that's a different issue!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭Del007

I was using my brother's account, he's in the uk. I'm getting the 'content not available in your region'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,527 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Del007 wrote: »
    I was using my brother's account, he's in the uk. I'm getting the 'content not available in your region'
    Because you are now roaming outside UK and cross EU rule no longer applies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,850 ✭✭✭bromley52

Del007 wrote: »

You need to use a smart DNS now from the likes of Getflix. You would need to make sure that your router or device can change DNS settings. For example the Virgin router cannot do this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭Nate--IRL--

what did they say on the webchat?

I switched the region though chat from the UK to Ireland months ago, and yesterday switched it Ireland on www.primevideo.com to get it working.

I couldn't change it back however, so I got on to chat played dumb and got them to change me back to UK, which they did. It went back to Geo-blocking my IP.

So I went though that with them for a good while and apparently the geo-blocking is new to them and not something they know how to amend. I left it with the guy and he'll email me if he gets anything more than the standard email we all got as info. But it's a dead duck as far as I'm concerned, I'll be cancelling.

Nate

• Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭skydish79

bromley52 wrote: »
    You need to use a smart DNS now from the likes of Getflix. You would need to make sure that your router or device can change DNS settings. For example the Virgin router cannot do this.

Is it possible to connect in the same household

An amazon tablet to 1 dns and
    Another amazon tablet to a different dns

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Sup08

skydish79 wrote: »
    Is it possible to connect in the same household

An amazon tablet to 1 dns and
    Another amazon tablet to a different dns

Yes.
    You would have to assign each device a static IP and input the desired DNS on each device.

Advertisement