Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free Premier League Games with Amazon Prime

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Sup08

Just for info.
    If you have a netflix account on a firestick and use the Getflix DNS. Make sure you turn off the netflix US option in your getflix settings. Otherwise you will get an error message in Netflix everytime you try watch a US only movie/show. When it's turned off, only your geo based show/movies appear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 589 ✭✭✭MorganIRL

You likely haven't there is no option to pay for content on Irish prime for a start.

You were right wrongway1985 I thought I had it done but it was only my Amazon ac that I had done and that doesn't incl prime.. done and we have desperate housewives again.. happy household again. :-)

I switched the region though chat from the UK to Ireland months ago, and yesterday switched it Ireland on www.primevideo.com to get it working.

I couldn't change it back however, so I got on to chat played dumb and got them to change me back to UK, which they did. It went back to Geo-blocking my IP.

So I went though that with them for a good while and apparently the geo-blocking is new to them and not something they know how to amend. I left it with the guy and he'll email me if he gets anything more than the standard email we all got as info. But it's a dead duck as far as I'm concerned, I'll be cancelling.

Nate[/quot

I agree, had prepaid till July so I reckon, unless a work around turns up I'll be cancelling..or it gets cheaper..

OmegaGene wrote: »
    MorganIRL wrote: »

Use a smart dns problem solved

Thks, I have other options to watch stuff on the firestick.. it was just convenient with prime..

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭garion

I just tested with NordVPN and I could see, and watch, Premier League content. With no VPN I don't see it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭cathy427

I have getflix working on Windows and firestick. It won't work on my mobile though. Android 10 samsung galaxy. The dns seems okay on getflix portal and dns leak test. Is there some other option you have to do on a mobile phone?
    I tried switching off location too.

Would you (or anyone else that has it working) mind sending a pm to me re how to get getflix working on the firestick??
    I signed up for the free getflix trial but cant seem to get it to work on the firestick (I have full amazon prime account (as opposed to prime video) set to location UK so at the moment all I can see is the "watch while abroad" - want to try options before switching back to Irish based location)

cathy427 wrote: »
    Would you mind sending a dm to me re how to get getflix working on the firestick??
    I signed up for the free getflix trial but cant seem to get it to work on the firestick (I have full amazon prime account (as opposed to prime video) set to location UK so at the moment all I can see is the "watch while abroad" - want to try options before switching back to Irish based location)

You need to get the firestick to forget your current network and then rejoin it. When you enter the network password, click advanced and set up a static IP address and all other setting thereafter including DNS addresses.

Sup08 wrote: »
    You need to get the firestick to forget your current network and then rejoin it. When you enter the network password, click advanced and set up a static IP address and all other setting thereafter including DNS addresses.

Thanks a mill.
    Got as far as "click advanced" above
    then couldn't see where to get the static IP address, other settings and DNS address from the getflix trial.

Thanks a mill.
    Got as far as "click advanced" above
    then couldn't see where to get the static IP address, other settings and DNS address from the getflix trial.

Check the current IP address on the firestick before you start and just reassign the same IP as static.
    Setting > about > network

Check the current IP address on the firestick before you start and just reassign the same IP as static.
    Setting > about > network

Thanks did that.

Cant seem to find on getflix the dns

ie - cant see how getflix works with the firestick. Am I missing something obvious?

• Advertisement

Don’t think it does

Ok, thanks. Thought some on here had got it working.

Do you know of anything that does work with the firestick?

Don’t think it does

I have 3 firesticks and a fire tv cube all working through the DNS.

If you've set up the DNS and static IP on your device. You need to ensure the IP address assigned by your ISP matches the dashboard in your Getflix account. Log into Getflix and in your dashboard, click "Force IP Update"

To ensure your IP is up to date each time. You can install the getflix app to do this from your mobile device.

Also FYI.
    Once you have this set up on a firestick, BBC iPlayer, Itv Hub etc all work once you set up accounts with a UK Post code.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭petejmk

Just for info.
    If you have a netflix account on a firestick and use the Getflix DNS. Make sure you turn off the netflix US option in your getflix settings. Otherwise you will get an error message in Netflix everytime you try watch a US only movie/show. When it's turned off, only your geo based show/movies appear.

Any link to a getflix dns guide for firestick? I've signed up for the getflix trial and haven't been able to get it working at all.

Set up your Getflix account and make sure the Registered IP address in your Current IP address in the dashboard on Getflix match.
    If they don't match, click the Force IP Update and they should match, if it fails just try it again and they will match.
    Once you have done this, go to your fire device and set up the DNS on your fire device using the steps in the attached document.
    firestick DNS setup.docx

Restart your fire device and it should now be back to UK settings.

Install the Getflix app (not Getflix VPN app) on your smart phone (IOS or Android) and when you are at home make sure you check that the IP address has been updated before you use your fire device.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,850 ✭✭✭bromley52

petejmk wrote: »
    Any link to a getflix dns guide for firestick? I've signed up for the getflix trial and haven't been able to get it working at all.

Where did you put the Getflix DNS server addresses? Router or device?
    As mentioned above when on the same network you need to make sure that on the Getflix Dashboard you Force IP Update.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭Brian201888

Working fine for me with Pure VPN

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,087 ✭✭✭Jofspring

I can't seem to get it working at all on my firestick either. I've rubbish internet so using a wired connection. When I change the settings it slows down my connection completely and after a minute or two it says no connection at all.

Worked on my LG tv no problem though. Was very straight forward on that.

Set up your Getflix account and make sure the Registered IP address in your Current IP address in the dashboard on Getflix match.
    If they don't match, click the Force IP Update and they should match, if it fails just try it again and they will match.
    Once you have done this, go to your fire device and set up the DNS on your fire device using the steps in the attached document.
    firestick DNS setup.docx

Restart your fire device and it should now be back to UK settings.

Install the Getflix app (not Getflix VPN app) on your smart phone (IOS or Android) and when you are at home make sure you check that the IP address has been updated before you use your fire device.

Thanks a mill for all that. Super helpful.
    did the ip update
    Followed each of the steps. Put in the twon dns from that document but still not working for me.

Thanks tho.
    Have to give back tv now so will try again in the morning

• Registered Users Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭gussieg

Working fine for me with Pure VPN

does this use a vpn or dns settings?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭gussieg

am totally at sea over how to set up dns settings but will try it . thanks to those giving advice here. currently using mobile data with 48

gussieg wrote: »
    does this use a vpn or dns settings?

VPN but having no issues with it so far on accessing the UK stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭cuculainn

Would you (or anyone else that has it working) mind sending a pm to me re how to get getflix working on the firestick??
    Would also appreciate some advise on getting smart DNS working on the fire stick.

From what I read you have to change the DNS on the router the firestick Is connected to rather than the fire stick itself....but that is not working for me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,058 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

VPN but having no issues with it so far on accessing the UK stuff

Which one? My normally bulletproof vpn unlimited is detected straight away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭Del007

Can you use getflix dns directly on a sky modem?

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭arrianalexander

dodzy wrote: »

Same as

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭chrismcc409

cuculainn wrote: »
    Would also appreciate some advise on getting smart DNS working on the fire stick.

From what I read you have to change the DNS on the router the firestick Is connected to rather than the fire stick itself....but that is not working for me

You can do both depending on router. For firestick just forget the network and reconnect. Press advanced when connecting enter details as normally but use the smart dns

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭chrismcc409

Del007 wrote: »
    Can you use getflix dns directly on a sky modem?

Cheers

I don't think so. I've a sky q hub and it's locked down on that.

dodzy wrote: »

Pure VPN, working fine on laptop and Fire TV

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭cuculainn

You can do both depending on router. For firestick just forget the network and reconnect. Press advanced when connecting enter details as normally but use the smart dns

Yeah so finally got this working. ..put the DNS directly into firestick rather than messing with the router.....works for kids fire tablets too. Just set the IP as static

Advertisement