Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free Premier League Games with Amazon Prime

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭cathy427

cuculainn wrote: »
    Yeah so finally got this working. ..put the DNS directly into firestick rather than messing with the router.....works for kids fire tablets too. Just set the IP as static

Great that you got it working on the firestick.

Would you mind sharing more details? Am usually ok on this stuff but cant seem to get it working on the firestick

Did you use getflix?
    I got the free trial, it says my ip address is registered and I changed the amazon prime to uk.

When you set the ip as static - does that just mean manually type in the current ip address?

put the dns in - which dns did you use? The ones from the attachment earlier in this thread or a string of numbers from the dashboard of getflix?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Sup08

cathy427 wrote: »
    Great that you got it working on the firestick.

Would you mind sharing more details? Am usually ok on this stuff but cant seem to get it working on the firestick

Did you use getflix?
    I got the free trial, it says my ip address is registered and I changed the amazon prime to uk.

When you set the ip as static - does that just mean manually type in the current ip address?

put the dns in - which dns did you use? The ones from the attachment earlier in this thread or a string of numbers from the dashboard of getflix?

You can't change your Amazon Prime to UK. This can only be done by an Agent through chat.

Sup08 wrote: »
    You can't change your Amazon Prime to UK. This can only be done by an Agent through chat.

Sorry. What I meant was I changed the region on getflix dashboard.

I am already on uk prime

I am already on uk prime

Did you have access to the UK Prime content previously?
    This set up does not automatically update your access to the UK content if you did not have your residence previously set to a UK address in your Amazon account with your location as a UK resident abroad.

If you have all the above. Start with guide I posted and enter the subnet mask as 36 instead of 24.

The guide I posted include the Getflix DNS if you are located in Ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,043 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

I am already on uk prime

Your up address is your internal one, if your router is 192.168.1.1 then pick something like 192.168.1.25.

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭cuculainn

Hi Sup08

Quick question. Why in your instructions have you the Irish DNS as primary and UK as secondary?

I just entered the UK as primary??

Also should the subset be 24 or 36?

cuculainn wrote: »
    Hi Sup08

Quick question. Why in your instructions have you the Irish DNS as primary and UK as secondary?

I just entered the UK as primary??

Also should the subset be 24 or 36?

You are setting the DNS to the nearest one to your location, which is Ireland. This is for the routing through the servers and not the physical location.

Subnet mask is based on the subnet you are connecting. most common is 255.255.255.0 which is 24 or 255.255.255.255 which is 36.

If you have another Subnet that's less common on home networks then you would have to use an online subnet calculator.

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭cuculainn

You are setting the DNS to the nearest one to your location, which is Ireland. This is for the routing through the servers and not the physical location.

Subnet mask is based on the subnet you are connecting. most common is 255.255.255.0 which is 24 or 255.255.255.255 which is 36.

If you have another Subnet that's less common on home networks then you would have to use an online subnet calculator.

Oh right... I thought you picked the DNS of where you wanted to set your location from....that makes sense now cause you select netflix UK or us in the settings......thanks for your help....

I don't get the subset mask thing at all. But I guess if it is working I'll leave it at 24

Thanks a mill for all the support and advice. Very much appreciated. (and thanks Aquos76 for the explanation)

Still not working for me on the firestick but you have done everything you can I reckon!!! (when I switched from 24 to 36 it wouldn't connect to the wifi at all)
    Thanks again

• Advertisement

Thanks a mill for all the support and advice. Very much appreciated. (and thanks Aquos76 for the explanation)

Still not working for me on the firestick but you have done everything you can I reckon!!! (when I switched from 24 to 36 it wouldn't connect to the wifi at all)
    Thanks again

If you connected already to the WiFi using the subnet mask 24 and the IP addresses matched in getflix. You then had a home screen with the apps on the firestick then that means all is working and you just didn't have access to the UK prime. Install the My5 app and see if you can use it. If you can then the getflix is working but prime is not.

If you connected already to the WiFi using the subnet mask 24 and the IP addresses matched in getflix. You then had a home screen with the apps on the firestick then that means all is working and you just didn't have access to the UK prime. Install the My5 app and see if you can use it. If you can then the getflix is working but prime is not.

Thanks will try that.

Have bbc/itv on on the firestick and cant access them either - in the past I was using a vpn for those and can still access them I turn that on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,850 ✭✭✭bromley52

To get Prime working to you need to go into your Getflix Dashboard and set Amazon Prime to United Kingdom. I have attached a screenshot of what it looks like in the app.

bromley52 wrote: »
    To get Prime working to you need to go into your Getflix Dashboard and set Amazon Prime to United Kingdom. I have attached a screenshot of what it looks like in the app.

Thanks. Ya. I had that done.

The last time vodafone was down I logged into the router and changed the setting to the generic/google 8.8.8.8 - is there any chance something like that could be affecting it?
    Must look up how to reset it

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭chrismcc409

Is there any other steps on mobile android devices I'm missing. I've updated the WiFi with a static address and set dns 1 and 2 to Ireland and UK respectively. Works fine on Windows and firestick but have 4 mobile android its not working on. I looked at the private dns setting but I think that's just when you are on mobile data.

Cant use the My5 5 app either.

I left the gateway address the same - should I have changed the digit at the end of that as well?

Just to confirm - I was on the uk version as I had the premier league games

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 813 ✭✭✭SEORG

Thanks a million for this.

I followed your guide and it works perfectly.

SEORG wrote: »
    Thanks a million for this.

I followed your guide and it works perfectly.

Would you mind running through what you did with getflix to get it working?

I downloaded it and registered the ip address and thought that was it.

Would you mind running through what you did with getflix to get it working?

I downloaded it and registered the ip address and thought that was it.

Sure, no problem

Download the Getflix app
    After you register your IP, click on the Settings icon on the top right corner of the screen.
    This lists the different accounts etc.
    Click Amazon Prime & select the United Kingdom for the list of countries.

After that follow the guide that Sup08 provided

Sure, no problem

Download the Getflix app
    After you register your IP, click on the Settings icon on the top right corner of the screen.
    This lists the different accounts etc.
    Click Amazon Prime & select the United Kingdom for the list of countries.

After that follow the guide that Sup08 provided

Thanks very much for that.

I thought I did exactly that and followed the guide from Sup08 but still not working for some reason

• Advertisement

Are you taking note of your IP Address, Gateway etc.?

I used the DNS details provided in the guide rather than what was in my network settings on my Firestick.

Are you taking note of your IP Address, Gateway etc.?

I used the DNS details provided in the guide rather than what was in my network settings on my Firestick.

Thanks. Yes.
    I updated the last digits of the ip address as suggested

kept the same gateway address

used 24

and used dns from the guide.

On getflix dashboard (on my laptop) it says IP registered

dns test failed on "this" device - but I dont need it on the laptop so assume thats not the issue

Thanks. Yes.
    I updated the last digits of the ip address as suggested

kept the same gateway address

used 24

and used dns from the guide.

On getflix dashboard (on my laptop) it says IP registered

dns test failed on "this" device - but I dont need it on the laptop so assume thats not the issue

Why did you update the IP address?

I’m using DHCP and just used the same IP address

Aquos76 wrote: »
    Your up address is your internal one, if your router is 192.168.1.1 then pick something like 192.168.1.25.
    Why did you update the IP address?

I’m using DHCP and just used the same IP address

I was just following the suggestion from Aquos - I thought that gave me static IP.

Sorry, I dont know what you mean by DHCP .

Edit - just looking up DHCP. I am trying to do the getflix set p on the firestick itself rather than the router

I was just following the suggestion from Aquos - I thought that gave me static IP.

Sorry, I dont know what you mean by DHCP .

Edit - just looking up DHCP. I am trying to do the getflix set p on the firestick itself rather than the router

I used the same ip that was being used when the fire stick was connected to my router/WiFi originally.

I have lots of devices connected and it’s still fine as there are plenty of port numbers available.

I’m set up on the fire stick also, I can’t do it on my router as I have a virgin media one which doesn’t provide the option for dns.

I used the same ip that was being used when the fire stick was connected to my router/WiFi originally.

I have lots of devices connected and it’s still fine as there are plenty of port numbers available.

I’m set up on the fire stick also, I can’t do it on my router as I have a virgin media one which doesn’t provide the option for dns.

Cool. Dont know what the issue is so.

The IP address on the getflix dashboard is just a different number ya?

Cool. Dont know what the issue is so.

The IP address on the getflix dashboard is just a different number ya?

Yeah, that's your external one.

Did you have any luck setting it up?

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Dumdum McCarthy

Not premier lge based , but my child was lucky enough to get an amazon fire kids tablet from Santa, all her videos cbeebies ect worked till the region block came in..shes a bit diapointed as alot preloaded stuff is all regional based.
    By reading yere posts whats best way for me to bypass it..do i have to change settings on that tablet or on my router itself.. all help appreciated..
    On a side note they sell the tablet with a years use of their prebuilt in apps ect...alot of that deal now is like ordering your best clobber with no discos open..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 213 ✭✭lukeeman

Hi, can someone tell me were i can find out what region my prime is set to, thanks

• Advertisement

Yeah, that's your external one.

Did you have any luck setting it up?

Great thanks, wasnt sure if I should try that one as the IP!!

No joy - it connects to the wifi with the dns from Sup08 but it is still treating it as a UK account abroad so very limited selection.

Frustrated!!!

Advertisement