Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Digiweb Fritz box wifi issues

• 04-12-2019 1:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭

Just switched over to Digiweb from Eir mainly because their customer feedback & the fritz box is supposed to be the dogs bollox of routers but haven't found this the case after about 2 weeks.
    My house is timber frame so no issue with signal passing thru walls etc with previous Eir or previous local supplier. But I've noticed Zgemma(2.4) disconnecting from router & also son complaining about signal strength to PS4 on 5G.
    I did a repeated ping test and did see an occasional slow ping dropout of 100/200ms every a minute or minute and half. That to me looks like contention issue. Never even felt the need to check this with Eir.
    I switched from Eir because I wasn't going to pay 68E a month & they're router with it's crappy 2.4 signal - but I was used to it - 2.4 not working - go into router & reset signal. But when working, signal strength was good.
    I'm starting to regret switching. My year with Eir - I never thought of contacting their customer service for any technical issues ( I know its a disaster anyway).
    So I guess i'll have to contact Digiweb support to resolve issues - going to tell me devices too far from router and deny any contention issues.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,038 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

I did a repeated ping test

wired or wireless tests?

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Big Wex fan

wired or wireless tests?

Wireless. See where you're going. Yes maybe it was the WiFi caused the slow response. Didn't think of that at the time.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,740 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

What Modem have you got the Friztbox 7530?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,038 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

Wireless. See where you're going. Yes maybe it was the WiFi caused the slow response. Didn't think of that at the time.

Yeah, ISPs cannot be held responsible for wireless signals inside your premises, only for delivering what they charge for to your modem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

If the WIFI ping issues are local then you should see them by just pinging the router not servers outside your network.
    Testing with a wired connection is probably an easier way to test for sure though.

• Advertisement

Yeah, ISPs cannot be held responsible for wireless signals inside your premises, only for delivering what they charge for to your modem.

Just disappointed. They're selling come to us we've this great modem. And it's not so great at all.

What Modem have you got the Friztbox 7530?

Ya that's the one.

I don't have the time this week but next week I'll contact their support to see if anything can be done.
    But looking like will have to get a repeater or move it which isn't that easy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Just disappointed. They're selling come to us we've this great modem. And it's not so great at all.

It's far better than the F2000 unless you received a faulty one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,341 ✭✭✭CoBo55

Can you use the Eir router instead? Anyone here have the login details?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,740 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

Ya that's the one.

I don't have the time this week but next week I'll contact their support to see if anything can be done.
    But looking like will have to get a repeater or move it which isn't that easy.

You can setup it up as a Mesh Wifi Device if you have another one of there modems or wireless repeaters or look into another solution BT Smart hub etc.

• Advertisement

CoBo55 wrote: »
    Can you use the Eir router instead? Anyone here have the login details?

I returned it. Going to charge me 60€ if I didn't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 219 ✭✭BuzzG

5Ghz range is rather limited even in a timber frame house. By chance do you have any other devices transmitting in the 2.4 Ghz spectrum e.g. a video sender for sending tv pictures between rooms.

Have you tried changing the channels on the router to operator the 2.5 / 5 Ghz on a different channel number ? Could be off mark but I think something is interfering with the router wifi signal from what you have said.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 531 ✭✭✭yrreg0850

,I changed from Vodafone to Digiweb last Sept and the improvement is unbelievable.

Both were on SIRO so, the only difference was the router and, it made a vast improvement.
    I had one web connected item which could take up to 5 mins and several attempts to connect.

With the digiweb router connection is almost instantaneous. Routers are in the same location.

The vodafone router and ,customer service were both pure crap.

Digiweb also have an excellent and contactable customer service.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,341 ✭✭✭CoBo55

BuzzG wrote: »
    5Ghz range is rather limited even in a timber frame house. By chance do you have any other devices transmitting in the 2.4 Ghz spectrum e.g. a video sender for sending tv pictures between rooms.

Have you tried changing the channels on the router to operator the 2.5 / 5 Ghz on a different channel number ? Could be off mark but I think something is interfering with the router wifi signal from what you have said.

This...

I'm using a Tplink archer C8 and 5ghz performance was very poor, I changed the channel and it's brilliant.

Advertisement