Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas presents for creche

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭ruwithme

Hoodie88 wrote: »
    We received a text message from the Creche to say that they have a no gift / present policy... Do all creches send this message out or just each to their own?

Good. It should be the law.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,913 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

ruwithme wrote: »
    Good. It should be the law.

Eh why?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Hoodie88

Thanks for the reply, I think I will adhere to the policy in place!!!!!!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭enricoh

Whatever about teachers, most workers in Creche’s barely make minimum wage I would say they absolutely deserve it and probably count on it for their own Christmas.

Absolutely, the teacher will be on double what those in the creche are on, we're giving them a few quid anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Highroad12

Myself and a couple of the other mammies threw in €30 each for the staff to put towards their Christmas party drinks. There is about 5 staff (small creche) and they all chip in so we thought it would be better than giving a gift.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

yeah but it is their choice as such to work in a creche so be it low paid or not to be honest thats their choice, so no need to feel sorry for them. Im sure they would hate people to think that way about them...

Great news on the text going out anywho saves all.. Hope everyone has a loverly Christmas

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Ms2011

Just got a reminder text from my daughters Montessori that Santa would be in tomorrow and also "I also wanted to say, that we do not expect gifts. You all have enough expense, and are busy enough. Hope you all have a lovely Christmas x''
    There is one lovely lady who my daughter really warmed to this year that I'd love to buy her something but will obey the manager's request.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,135 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Ms2011 wrote: »
    Just got a reminder text from my daughters Montessori that Santa would be in tomorrow and also "I also wanted to say, that we do not expect gifts. You all have enough expense, and are busy enough. Hope you all have a lovely Christmas x''
    There is one lovely lady who my daughter really warmed to this year that I'd love to buy her something but will obey the manager's request.

Write her a special card and tell her that . I am sure she will be very pleased to get a card like that .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Ms2011

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    Write her a special card and tell her that . I am sure she will be very pleased to get a card like that .

Yes, I was thinking the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,995 ✭✭✭Theboinkmaster

Whatever about teachers, most workers in Creche’s barely make minimum wage I would say they absolutely deserve it and probably count on it for their own Christmas.

Absolutely I agree. When my kids in school I won't be giving the teachers anything as they're paid well enough IMO.

Cres are completely different - the children are at a very important and vulnerable age (1-5 years) and the staff work in very tough conditions with extremely low pay.

• Advertisement
Advertisement