Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Traffic

Options
  • 04-12-2019 10:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi all

Looking at purchasing in the area near Castleknock train station. Wondering about traffic. I know it is a busy area.

Am I right in thinking there is no right turn from Castleknock Road on to the Old Navan Road by the Bell pub in the mornings?

Am I also right in assuming its a bit of a nightmare to go through Castleknock village in the mornings.

Would the traffic put you off buying a house in the area?

Thanks
    :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭jonnybravo

Might help if you told people where you are commuting to and the time you are leaving at. I don't drive much but traffic in Castleknock would be heavy especially around school time. But everywhere in Dublin has heavy traffic and Castleknock has got good other commuting options with the train, bus and cycling.

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭20Wheel

Too many boggers clogging up the n3.

Had to say it.

Putin is a dictator. Putin should face justice at the Hague. All good Russians should work to depose Putin. Russias war in Ukraine is illegal and morally wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,901 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

tapsaff wrote: »
    Hi all

Looking at purchasing in the area near Castleknock train station. Wondering about traffic. I know it is a busy area.

Am I right in thinking there is no right turn from Castleknock Road on to the Old Navan Road by the Bell pub in the mornings?

Am I also right in assuming its a bit of a nightmare to go through Castleknock village in the mornings.

Would the traffic put you off buying a house in the area?

Thanks
    :)

There is a right turn from Castleknock Road on the Old Navan Road by the Bell pub. Certainly I don't know about restrictions.

Commuting depends on where you are going. If you commute to the city centre by train, and can put up with crowded trains for the next four or five years, then there isn't a problem.

If you need to get to Harold's Cross in the morning, or Rathmines or Terenure, good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭StoptheClocks

As mentioned above. There is a right hand turn at the bell. That road is very busy as its one of the main routes in/out of carpenterstown.
    There is lot of traffic between 8-9 in the morning due to the schools in the area.
    I used to commute from D8 to blanch daily. I found that it was quicker to go through Castleknock village rather than go out onto the N3

• Registered Users Posts: 12,435 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

There is definitely a right turn at the bell, otherwise I've been breaking a lot of laws! Traffic can be busy but moves swiftly. Most traffic seems to turn left into Blanch village rather than for the N3/M50.

All Eyes On Rafah

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

tapsaff wrote: »
    Would the traffic put you off buying a house in the area?...

I'd avoid house locations that are always blocked (even off peak) due to a near by junction etc. School etc.

But that said Castleknock and D15 has a lot of congestion at peak. I complain a lot about poor planning in the area. But its the same all over Dublin now. It's struggle to suggest anywhere that's significantly better.

Finding a job that's commutable is really the issue. That's an issue nationally.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,070 ✭✭✭muckwarrior

20Wheel wrote: »
    Too many boggers clogging up the n3.

Had to say it.

No, you didn't have to say it. You could have kept your dumbass remark to yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭Phil.x

Castleknock is a good place to buy, traffic is crap but cycling 5 days to ifsc/point area is a realistic option, especially on a ev bike, or drive and park in the park + bike the rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

Well the traffic was the worst I'd ever seen with Carpenterstown Rd closed yesterday evening. Heard there was an accident. Hope everyone involved is ok.

Advertisement