If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to synchronize Sony Bravia KDL40WE66 to Virgin Horizon remote.Also how to get su

Options
  • 04-12-2019 10:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 27

How to synchronize Sony Bravia KDL40WE66 to Virgin Horizon  remote.Also how to get subtitles working.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

How to synchronize Sony Bravia KDL40WE66 to Virgin Horizon  remote.Also how to get subtitles working.
    Hi Asking19302.

Thanks for the post.

You might need to call Virgin to see if there are codes for programming their remote to the Sony unfortunately.

To be honest this is not something I know anything about as I have never had any dealings with Virgin.

I had to do the same with my SKY Q when I change TV but a quick call to their customer service team had me up in running in less than 10 minutes.
    I could probably dig out something online be it might be better to speak directly to Virgin as they will know their product inside out.

Subtitles should also be a button on the Virgin remote or perhaps as with Sky you can access subtitles via the EPG menu system? Again I'm not too sure about Virgin as I've never used their services.

Let me know your thoughts.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Asking19302

Hi,
    Thanks for reply. I have spent 40 minutes with Virgin and no results . They did their best but all the efforts failed. Said the best thing to do was contact Sony. Did this through England and back to a call centre in Ireland. Made contact with a very very helpful lady who gave me a code and promised to email details of how to mate the Horizon remote to the Sony remote. Still waiting ,but best to travel with hope.

Just as a matter of interest, Virgin's solution was to press volume tab and source tab at same time; wait for red light on TV button insert 4 digit code; press Volume and TV. TV should go off , restart and Bob's your Uncle. 

Same difference to me which remote I use but not there yet. Will let you know if the Eagle Lands.

Still Asking 19302 

• Company Representative Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

Hi,
    Thanks for reply. I have spent 40 minutes with Virgin and no results . They did their best but all the efforts failed. Said the best thing to do was contact Sony. Did this through England and back to a call centre in Ireland. Made contact with a very very helpful lady who gave me a code and promised to email details of how to mate the Horizon remote to the Sony remote. Still waiting ,but best to travel with hope.

Just as a matter of interest, Virgin's solution was to press volume tab and source tab at same time; wait for red light on TV button insert 4 digit code; press Volume and TV. TV should go off , restart and Bob's your Uncle. 

Same difference to me which remote I use but not there yet. Will let you know if the Eagle Lands.

Still Asking 19302 
    Thanks for the update Asking19302! Let me know how you get on with them!

Kind regards

David

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.