Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MS Outlook deleting emails. How to stop?

• 04-12-2019 3:34pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭

Office 365 ProPlus
    Windows 10

Earlier this year I changed my email address.

For the first time, I also downloaded the Outlook app for my iPhone. So, what I see on my phone is the same as the Outlook desktop application. I only ever delete messages from the desktop and this is then synced to Outlook on my phone.

But, I've just noticed that my Delete folder on my desktop is hovering at around 250 messages, whereas formerly I never deleted anything.

I'm also not sure if all my Sent items are there since I changed my email address.

I think that Outlook (phone or desktop, I'm not sure) is deleting emails.

1. If so, has it deleted them permanently, or can I recover them?
    2. How can I change settings so that it doesn't do so anymore?

I certainly never intended it to do this.

Odd.

Thanks.

D.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭Dinarius

Ps.

Realize now that if I right-click on Deleted Folder > Properties > Auto Archive, "Archive items in this folder using the default settings." Underneath this is, "Default Archive Settings". When I click on it, everything is greyed out.

The settings for my old email account Deleted folder are identical.

Yet, the old email account Deleted folder contains 30,000+ items. The new email account Deleted folder under 300.

WTF?!

Only difference is that new account is also synced to iPhone.

Can that be the difference?

Thanks.

D.

Advertisement