Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Porting to GoMo from Three

• 04-12-2019 3:41pm

Hey everyone,

sorry about creating a new thread if one of the mods thinks this belongs in one of the already existing GoMo threads then could you please move it there.

Is anyone else having an issue, porting their number over from Three? I've tried numerous times today, but so far have had no luck with the form on GoMo's website I can get a confirmation text when I put in my existing number, but when I click to confirm the code that was text to me, nothing happens!

I'm currently on a 30-day rolling contract with three which I have recently cancelled do I simply have to wait until this expires before trying to port my number over?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19 rene13cross

I'm currently in the same situation as you, more or less, although my plan with Three was PAYG. GoMo's form to schedule the move on their website is broken at the moment, which was confirmed through a chat with a member of their lackluster customer care... He could'nt give me an ETA on when it would be fixed and he said he couldn't do the process manually for me. So I guess we just have to wait...

The plan that you current sim is on should have no impact on moving your number.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭eirman

Read my "GoMo Porting Tips" thread. I've had no problems moving from three PAYG.

Trying a different browser(s) might solve your problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,013 ✭✭✭slegs

Hey everyone,

sorry about creating a new thread if one of the mods thinks this belongs in one of the already existing GoMo threads then could you please move it there.

Is anyone else having an issue, porting their number over from Three? I've tried numerous times today, but so far have had no luck with the form on GoMo's website I can get a confirmation text when I put in my existing number, but when I click to confirm the code that was text to me, nothing happens!

I'm currently on a 30-day rolling contract with three which I have recently cancelled do I simply have to wait until this expires before trying to port my number over?

You shouldnt cancel with your existing provider as you run the chance of losing your number. You just initiate the port from the receiving operator side. A network is not allowed to charge you for a period you didnt use on SIM Only - 30 day contract or not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 916 ✭✭✭Páid

There is/was an issue with their website. This solved the issue for me:
    GoMoIrelandCare (@GoMoIrelandCare) tweeted at 8:26 pm on Fri, Nov 29, 2019: Hi, to resolve this, please follow these steps:

On the "move my number" page click on the "go back" arrow link.
    Then click on the Account Details button and
    then the "move my number" link.

We are working on a permanent fix but these steps will work in the meantime https://twitter.com/GoMoIrelandCare/status/1200511289845526528?s=09

Advertisement