Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Channel filters

• 04-12-2019 10:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,868 ✭✭✭

For a location on the Armagh/Louth border, the setup is an aerial pointed at Divis and Clarmont Cairn comes in strongly on that without any specific aerial.

I want to amplify the Divis channels (group A) and not the CC signal.

Presumably this could be achieved with a selective amplifier or by splitting the signal with a filter and amplifying only the group A channels. Then recombining them for the feed into the set.

Has anyone any suggestions for the easiest way to achieve this? I could get gadgets from Amazon, EBay etc or Dublin, Dundalk or Newry.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 491 ✭✭Elvis Hammond

Have you tried just amping the whole lot? CC mightn't be coming in as strong as you think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,868 ✭✭✭Charles Babbage

Have you tried just amping the whole lot? CC mightn't be coming in as strong as you think.

Originally for digital I was using a Freeview HD box and it tolerated amping everything. My new set doesn't need a box, of course, but it doesn't like the amplified Clarmont Signal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 491 ✭✭Elvis Hammond

What's the gain of the amplifier?

Anyhow, assuming the CC signal level isn't crazy altogether: if it's just the tuner that's affected, & it's not overloading the amplifier, I'd put the amp. back on the existing aerial, & run it to a suitable diplexer, with a 2nd aerial for CC.

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭kazoo106

Just use the Group A to Divis with an 18db amp (or no amp) - CC will be fine

Advertisement