Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how to register for sec lc exams in a subject your not enrolled in a class

Options
  • 04-12-2019 10:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

does anyone know how to register for biology and be able to sit the biology exam on the day of the exam????. i study it at home and was enrolled in a class in 2017 but dropped out and now in a btei adult course for lc have been studying it since September and did most of 5th year in 2016-2017 academic year

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,222 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Www.examinations.ie
    External candidates - usually in January.

Will you not get entered as part of your course?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 brian1999

spurious wrote: »
    Www.examinations.ie
    External candidates - usually in January.

Will you not get entered as part of your course?

i should do i sign a document with the levels and subjects i will do in the sec in june 2020. will there be any complications with the experiments in biology or do i just need to learn them for the exam??

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,222 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

You will register in January for what subjects and levels you want to do.
    For Leaving Cert., you can still change level on the day of the exam.

See can someone in the place you are doing your course help you out with the experiments, if not, I think Maynooth do a weekend course at Easter for them.
    You will hear stories of people who never did the experiments and nothing happened, but many centres ARE checked and it would be very annoying to mess up your exam over not doing something that might only take a day to sort out.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 brian1999

spurious wrote: »
    You will register in January for what subjects and levels you want to do.
    For Leaving Cert., you can still change level on the day of the exam.

See can someone in the place you are doing your course help you out with the experiments, if not, I think Maynooth do a weekend course at Easter for them.
    You will hear stories of people who never did the experiments and nothing happened, but many centres ARE checked and it would be very annoying to mess up your exam over not doing something that might only take a day to sort out.
    do the SEC have guidelines on it? Are the experiments signed off like projects are ? So if the centre checked they can stop you sitting the biology exam is that correct?

The centre are nothing to do with it. They just host the exams. If there is a check, the SEC will do it.
    Contact them and ask them.
    info@examinations.ie

• Advertisement
Advertisement