Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Administrative Officers 2019 in Revenue - Audit and Compliance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

Rikand wrote: »
    I wont be looking for the feedback, I know where I went down. Just not a fan of video interviews. I feel totally uncomfortable in them and I never do as well on them as I do on an in person one

That's exactly the sort of 'can do' attitude that Revenue were probably looking for :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭3002

BLOSSOM11 wrote: »
    Just wondering have they merged the 3 streams into one for the order of merit or are there 3 different panels? Also is the result we received a nationwide wide result? I've emailed the panel email provided but can only imagine they are up the walls busy

I got it confirmed this morning that the number you are given is a nationwide number. Each panel is separate. The lady I emailed said they do not have access to the panel info for locations as yet but to contact the panel email & they should hopefully have that info available in a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭MiggyB

The original start date was March for this competition, wonder is there a new one or will they just call candidates as required!

MiggyB wrote: »
    The original start date was March for this competition, wonder is there a new one or will they just call candidates as required!

The start date is when the panel is formed so due to all the delays this panel will remain open until Oct 2021. Candidates will be called for AO positions arising in different locations throughout the year Nov 2020 to Oct 2021.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,424 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Pogue eile wrote: »
    That's exactly the sort of 'can do' attitude that Revenue were probably looking for :rolleyes:

haha, point taken :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 RBT2020

Hi, just wondering does anyone know is it too late to add other locations to your list as circumstances have changed since I applied.

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭Ollie321

RBT2020 wrote: »
    Hi, just wondering does anyone know is it too late to add other locations to your list as circumstances have changed since I applied.

I'm not sure about this year, but last year it was not permitted to make any location changes

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭emmaneiser

I asked during the week and was told no changes are permitted. Still give it a try though

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Kilkenny Tom

Did anyone get their placing for the locations chosen?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 redbarndoor

No. Hopefully we will soon. I presume it is a placing number for your chosen panel(s) for your chosen Location. Would anyone have any idea how many people might get jobs from this?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 RBT2020

No not yet.
    I was speaking to a girl that got offered the AO position last year. She picked only 2 locations but got offered other locations that jobs came up in first. She said although there are location panels they work off the nationwide panel first. Has anyone had same experience?

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Anonire

RBT2020 wrote: »
    No not yet.
    I was speaking to a girl that got offered the AO position last year. She picked only 2 locations but got offered other locations that jobs came up in first. She said although there are location panels they work off the nationwide panel first. Has anyone had same experience?

I think they used to do it this way but it's changed now to the best of my knowledge.

Kilkennytom i haven't heard back yet either.

Redbarn these panels are always a bit of a lottery. Can place highly and not get an offer or much much lower and get an offer. No one knows how many positions will arise in any year but especially with the year we just had. I don't think there was any mass recruitment in Revenue. Perhaps because of the on boarding but that's just a guess.

Hopefully we will all get an offer very soon

Thanks Anonire. Here's hoping!

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭emmaneiser

Has anyone heard back from panel movement yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭BLOSSOM11

emmaneiser wrote: »
    Has anyone heard back from panel movement yet?

No not yet

• Advertisement

No not yet

Have the regional panels been issued to anyone?

No reply as yet. I know 4 people who got jobs from the 2018 AO Comp & they told me that they were never given their location panel placing only nationwide. 1 guy said he had emailed the panel placing email roughly 4-5 times while waiting for the job & never got a reply.
    Hopefully this year they give out our location panel placing.

3002 wrote: »
    No reply as yet. I know 4 people who got jobs from the 2018 AO Comp & they told me that they were never given their location panel placing only nationwide. 1 guy said he had emailed the panel placing email roughly 4-5 times while waiting for the job & never got a reply.
    Hopefully this year they give out our location panel placing.

Ive always received a reply when I've contacted them. It may not necessarily be always good news but they have always responded. Usually takes them a few days.

I like to think they are busy at the moment getting out job offers ready. However having seen previous panels expiring without many offers I'm not so sure I should be so optimistic.

I agree, I was successful but I have already emailed for feedback. It will interesting to know what they picked up from me, what notes they made & how I was scored.

Thanks for the advice. They sent me the score sheet and its very interesting. Scary how hard it is to score well in the Competencies!

From the general emails with a specific contact name or feedback email I've always gotten replies but this is my 1st time sending an email to the specific panelplacing@revenue.ie so cant say 1st hand about replies. Only relating info from people who were on the previous 2018 competition & they were never given a placing on their specific locations.

They are exceptionally busy & I'm hoping that we do get info on our location panels or else a very long waiting game ahead.

• Advertisement

From the general emails with a specific contact name or feedback email I've always gotten replies but this is my 1st time sending an email to the specific panelplacing@revenue.ie so cant say 1st hand about replies. Only relating info from people who were on the previous 2018 competition & they were never given a placing on their specific locations.

They are exceptionally busy & I'm hoping that we do get info on our location panels or else a very long waiting game ahead.

Yes the location info would be great we would know then if we are placed high enough to have any bit of hope

Anonire wrote: »
    Yes the location info would be great we would know then if we are placed high enough to have any bit of hope

I agree. We are kind of in limbo at the moment as don't know where we are on our selected choices. If we knew we would have some idea if there was a chance of promotion. I'm finding this waiting that bit stressful

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭monkeylover10

I agree, I was successful but I have already emailed for feedback. It will interesting to know what they picked up from me, what notes they made & how I was scored.

Thanks for the advice. They sent me the score sheet and its very interesting. Scary how hard it is to score well in the Competencies!

Yes, I got mine back too. I was surprised too by my scores. You definitely have to work hard for them. I got placed on 2 panels & placed quite high on Taxation panel. However, my scores weren't exactly wow...
    I asked for feedback on the video assessment also & surprisingly scored very well on those.

Hopefully we will hear something soon. But then again, this competition has really dragged on so won't be surprised if we don't hear till new year. The job description is Audit & Comliance and I think in the current climate, there isn't alot of audits being conducted apart from the TWSS Compliance
    I guess.

Well done on the high placing on the taxation panel. If you get offered a job from the taxation panel, then presumably everyone behind you on the 2nd panel will move up a place.

I really hope we hear of someone being offered a position from this competition soon!

Well done monkey on the high placing.

Redbarn I imagine there's alot of people on more than one panel.

I was pleasantly surprised by my scores you just never really know. Just depends where I am for the county I picked now.

Yes hopefully we get a County placing. I'm only on the Tax panel and looking for Dublin. If for example you were placed number 10 on one panel, does that mean that potentially there could be 39 people ahead of you?

If you are 10 on a panel there are 9 people ahead of you. Some of those 9 may be on different panels and may get offered from those panels first so there will be less than 9 ahead of you. It just depends what way they pull off the various streams that I have no idea.

I think usually people say most of the jobs are in dublin so you could be 1 for a different county and get no place but 50 for Dublin and get placed.

It seems like a bit of a lottery. The waiting to hear is tricky - its harder when there might be a job in sight!

Does anyone know what documentation they requested from candidates who were offered a position last year?

Ollie321 wrote: »
    Does anyone know what documentation they requested from candidates who were offered a position last year?

Revenue will request your Original Degree Transcript to verify your eligibility(if you have a higher level qualification or exams that make you eligible they are requested), you receive a Garda vetting form to be completed & they will request your Character Reference details (if you are already employed in the civil service these references are not required)

• Advertisement

Has anyone heard anything regarding the regional panels?

Has anyone heard anything regarding the regional panels?

No unfortunately I haven't. Just an automated email response to my email the day I sent it.

Revenue will request your Original Degree Transcript to verify your eligibility(if you have a higher level qualification or exams that make you eligible they are requested), you receive a Garda vetting form to be completed & they will request your Character Reference details (if you are already employed in the civil service these references are not required)

Some of my original transcripts, relating to the taxation panel especially, are currently in work & my workplace is closed (I am working from home). I have contacted the ITI & requested a letter, for them to state what I have completed. Would this be sufficient do you think as calling to the office would be a last resort.

Some of my original transcripts, relating to the taxation panel especially, are currently in work & my workplace is closed (I am working from home). I have contacted the ITI & requested a letter, for them to state what I have completed. Would this be sufficient do you think as calling to the office would be a last resort.

I would think that once the letter from the ITI states the specific exams that you have completed that are relevant for eligibility for the Taxation panel, that should be enough. Its normally the detailed transcript they request but due to Covid 19 surely the letter would suffice.

Have you been called from your panel? Be great to see that there is movement from the panels.

I would think that once the letter from the ITI states the specific exams that you have completed that are relevant for eligibility for the Taxation panel, that should be enough. Its normally the detailed transcript they request but due to Covid 19 surely the letter would suffice.

Have you been called from your panel? Be great to see that there is movement from the panels.

Thanks, hopefully the letter would be sufficient.

No, I haven't heard anything. I was just planning ahead and being optimistic 😀. It would be great alright to hear something. Its been nearly a year from when we applied initially. Hopefully in the next few weeks 🤞

You would imagine that it would be a January start date at this stage, so offers would be made in the next few weeks if that was the case?

Thanks, hopefully the letter would be sufficient.

No, I haven't heard anything. I was just planning ahead and being optimistic 😀. It would be great alright to hear something. Its been nearly a year from when we applied initially. Hopefully in the next few weeks 🀞

You are right to be optimistic - after such a lengthy drawn out competition, fingers crossed they will make a start on these panels fairly soon & you will get the call.

Re. January start, most people will have to give a few wks notice to their current employer & garda vetting can take a few wks also so more than likely now it prob is a January start for those highest on the panels. Hopefully we hear the 1st lot of movement this wk or next.

Ollie321 wrote: »
    You would imagine that it would be a January start date at this stage, so offers would be made in the next few weeks if that was the case?

Fingers crossed🀞It would be great to see some movement

Fingers crossed��It would be great to see some movement

A new job to start the new year. Wouldn't it be nice.

• Advertisement

Anonire wrote: »
    A new job to start the new year. Wouldn't it be nice.

Would be fab!

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭MiggyB

Offers are out for Dublin!!

Wow! Do you know how many MiggyB or from what streams? Great to see movement!

Thanks a mill for update - great to hear some movement. Hopefully other counties might have some movement soon too.

Did any1 hear bk from the panel email yet regarding their location number?

For what stream? Great to hear of movement

Well done to all those getting offers.

Fingers crossed for outside Dublin. Great to see movement

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭caarp

Hi all, my husband is number 5 on this panel and he didn't hear anything yet. He has Wexford as his first preference. Does that mean that the offers that are for Dublin only are for those even if they placed lower than 5? I thought the OOM was nationwide?

There are 4 streams so depends on how many offers were made and from which stream.

There are 4 streams so depends on how many offers were made and from which stream.

Oh, I see, thanks so much Redbarn. He is number 5 on the law and number 6 on the economics panel.

Oh, I see, thanks so much Redbarn. He is number 5 on the law and number 6 on the economics panel. It's so confusing.

caarp wrote: »
    Hi all, my husband is number 5 on this panel and he didn't hear anything yet. He has Wexford as his first preference. Does that mean that the offers that are for Dublin only are for those even if they placed lower than 5?

There are 4 separate panels in this comp. Whatever location(s) he has picked, once a job comes available in that location, Revenue will go to the nationwide panel that is next to be pulled from(there is a number of AO panels in use) & then they will go to the highest person on the panel who has that location as their choice & the job is offered.

Hopefully something comes up for him soon.

• Advertisement
Advertisement