Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Administrative Officers 2019 in Revenue - Audit and Compliance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Anonire

Sorry to those that aren't progressing.it is very disappointing.
    Congratulations to those who are. The wait continues.
    Stay safe everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭Ollie321

I don't understand why candidates were given an application form to fill in to now be told that there qualifications are not sufficient to the various streams. Qualifications had to be declared before application forms were issued

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭marmieB

Next stage seems to be the verbal and numerical in supervised environment. It says nothing about an interview. Given all the restrictions just announced, they should have included interviews as well, especially with any curtailment in public transport

marmieB wrote: »
    Next stage seems to be the verbal and numerical in supervised environment. It says nothing about an interview. Given all the restrictions just announced, they should have included interviews as well, especially with any curtailment in public transport

I'm sure many of the applicants have already sat these supervised tests in previous revenue competitions, hopefully they decide to use that as their verification, unless they are using the tests to form the oom. Or else have the interview and tests on the same day although as you said no mention of interview.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,366 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Got through. I imagine there'll be a delay on hosting the supervised testing due to the restrictions in having people in close proximity to each other for any sustained length of time.

Could be a month or more before anyone is directed where to go and when

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭jw_sweetman

Got through as well. Put myself down for the taxation panel and economics/statistics. Was kinda annoyed that I only qualified for the latter as I'm pretty sure that there are few vacancies in that stream. Was anyone here accepted for taxation?

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭3002

I have a BBS Degree Accounting Stream & Diploma in Applied Taxation - I queried at the start of this competition was I eligible for the Taxation Panel & was told no. Taxation was a major subject in my final year of my degree but that didn't matter. They told me that this competition was more specific in eligibility & general streams are not eligible. I was lucky as I got through on the Accounting Panel but it's very unfair on others who's degrees are not eligible.

Got through on the tax and accounting panel.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Galantis

Did anyone receive what position they were on the Panel?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40 Zulu Art

Ollie321 wrote: »
    I don't understand why candidates were given an application form to fill in to now be told that there qualifications are not sufficient to the various streams. Qualifications had to be declared before application forms were issued

Did they fail you on the qualification criteria?

• Advertisement

Zulu Art wrote: »
    Did they fail you on the qualification criteria?

Yes hence why I wondered why an application form was issued at all. The criteria wasnt easy or clear for candidates to decipher wheather they would actually qualify or not

Yes hence why I wondered why an application form was issued at all. The criteria wasnt easy or clear for candidates to decipher wheather they would actually qualify or not

I didn't get that impression. I thought they were quite clear and clearly stricter than previous competitions. Best of luck with future endeavours.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 mary poppins

Anyone unsuccessful on this campaign applying for the current one ? Just curious it’s a much higher position.

I thought the criteria was very clear although it was alot stricter than previously. I know its especially disappointing to not progress when you made the panel previously. I do know someone else this has happened to.

Anyone unsuccessful on this campaign applying for the current one ? Just curious it’s a much higher position.

I am still in this competition however even If I wasn't I would be applying for the other comp.
    The feedback form from this comp will tell you the areas where your form needs improvement.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭monkeylover10

Anonire wrote: »
    I thought the criteria was very clear although it was alot stricter than previously. I know its especially disappointing to not progress when you made the panel previously. I do know someone else this has happened to.

And what's also disappointing is when we have to sit supervised testing and not pass those to progress.

I am being considered for Taxation & Accounting.

It was my first time doing those tests....but will I get on as good the second time?? Here's hoping...

However, in the current climate I would not be surprised that we receive an email to say the next stage/competition will be put on hold for a while.

And what's also disappointing is when we have to sit supervised testing and not pass those to progress.

I am being considered for Taxation & Accounting.

It was my first time doing those tests....but will I get on as good the second time?? Here's hoping...

However, in the current climate I would not be surprised that we receive an email to say the next stage/competition will be put on hold for a while.

The tests will be the very same format again nothing to worry about I wouldn't have thought.
    Not expecting to hear anything anytime soon however.

Take care everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 28 GalwayGirl2020

Hi All

Hope ye are keeping well and staying safe. just wondering does anyone know where I can find practice tests for administrative officers?-i.e practice tests for numerical or verval reasoning?I know there is a course you can do online for the Civil Service AdminIstrative officer position but wondering is it worth 80 euro?

Thank you

Stay Safe

Hi All

Hope ye are keeping well and staying safe. just wondering does anyone know where I can find practice tests for administrative officers?-i.e practice tests for numerical or verval reasoning?I know there is a course you can do online for the Civil Service AdminIstrative officer position but wondering is it worth 80 euro?

Thank you

Stay Safe

If you google the name of the tests we did you should find a relevant provider. You'll get a free go before buying. Use this to ensure you are buying the right one - if you do buy.

But if you passed the previous ones you should be ok with future ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Connected99

Is that the Open Assistant Principal campaign?
    Yes I am applying..
    Was unsuccessful on this one 😔
    Onwards and upwards!!
    Hopefully!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 mj90

Hi all,

Is there any update on this competition?

Like is there a threat that it might be completely pulled?

With a recession likely - they may put a hold or pull on these competitions?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,366 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Anyone else get the email

Online video assessments

What the absolute ?

Rikand wrote: »

Online video assessments

What the absolute ?

Haven't received anything. Sounds like a good idea save a trip to Dublin best of luck with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 filmfanatic

Anonire wrote: »
    Haven't received anything. Sounds like a good idea save a trip to Dublin best of luck with them.

I haven't got any email either. Sounds way more efficient. Good luck :)

• Registered Users Posts: 26 BoyLaw937

Rikand wrote: »

Online video assessments

What the absolute ?

Yes got the email just there. Was coincidental because I only emailed them yesterday to follow up with what was happening.

Online assesment with 4 questions due by the 25th May.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭3002

Got the email also. Thought of video assessments has me feeling sick. 3 minutes per question seems tight to get your answer in but never done a video assessment so maybe thats a lot of time & no waffling on!! Any helpful tips how to prepare please?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 mj90

Are we expected to give new examples or can we use the ones in our application?

Is that the final stage, or is the video assessment being used as actual interview?

mj90 wrote: »
    Are we expected to give new examples or can we use the ones in our application?

You can probably use the same examples if they tie in with the questions being asked.

Ollie it mentions progression to the next stage which would make me think that means that it's not the final round but no guarantees. It's not a live assessment.

I did similar video assessment prior to this. Good to see the 2 attempts it allows for technical issues and nerves.

The best of luck to everyone. It's great to see the comp moving along. Hopefully it means there are a few job offers waiting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭AtticusFinch86

I notice it said on the email that it is strongly recommended that you attempt all questions in one sitting but that it is possible to split them up

Odd that they would strongly recommend one particular approach. It makes me think it will be taken into consideration when assessing applications.

Advertisement