Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco Entrance

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,151 ✭✭✭Dr_Colossus

Zaph wrote: »
    I'd well believe that they're among the most profitable stores. Apart from the new door, God knows when the last time was that Tesco actually spent any money on Roselawn, and I'd imagine Phibsboro is the same. If you're raking in the money as it is, why eat into your profits for something as frivolous as a makeover?

They re-did the carpark surface about a year ago which was badly needed as it was in bits with craters everywhere. Did a fine job of it too although should have spaced out the spots that bit better and gone with diagonal parking like in Super Value or Liffey Valley as it's very tight.
    I usually park over near the laundromat which isn't as busy but the pizza delivery guys parking and abandoning cars on the double yellows outside the door does my head in to the extent I've mentioned it to them a few times to no avail.
    Tesco never bothered with the bakery. Or a proper deli for that matter.

If you want a good bakery you have to go to Supervalu in Blanch Village.

I go to Supervalue in Blanch Village a bit but find their bakery terrible, predominately white bread and rolls and no real substance to it despite the price.
    Tesco's rustic brown baguettes are tasty and quite reasonable at 1.10 but rarely present.

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭Remind me

Use it regularly. Can’t understand the entrance but what completely does my head in is the complete lack of respect people have for the disabled parking spots and the lack of enforcement.

The new car park layout I also find strange. Christmas week will be carnage down there, the amount of people that drive in then take an immediate right across the double line amazes me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

Remind me wrote: »
    Use it regularly. Can’t understand the entrance but what completely does my head in is the complete lack of respect people have for the disabled parking spots and the lack of enforcement.

The new car park layout I also find strange. Christmas week will be carnage down there, the amount of people that drive in then take an immediate right across the double line amazes me.

and when the people occupying those spaces are asked to move for disabled people, the response is that of a degenerate. They don't like being called out for it. "Just popped in"...that's not how it works

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

A lot of care spaces are too small for modern car sizes

• Registered Users Posts: 3,086 ✭✭✭Nijmegen

That's a general complaint for Irish car parks I find. We don't need American sized car parking spaces but it does feel a bit like many car parks in Ireland measure out the width of a car and forget you need to be able to open the doors either side.

• Advertisement
Advertisement