Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Storm Atiyah Sunday - Monday, 8th - 9th Dec 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Rodar08

aisling86 wrote: »
    Here is your best bet!

It’s almost impossible to find that information on here during the event with so many posts etc. Mods would it be an idea to open a closed chat thread with frequent updates from our experienced forecasters only?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,142 ✭✭✭screamer

What part of the country are you in? Might be cancelled anyway

We’re south Laois/ Carlow/ Kilkenny border high on the hills!

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭MetLuver

Graces7 wrote: »
    Well, there is listening and there is having your eardrums forcibly sundered... I am not a storm fan. They are to be endured perforce and to be safe in. Just a hard part of life is all. If this runs true to form my home will not feel safe either! The worst lately was Callum. the whole dwelling shook and shivered.

All safe; cats all in except the feral I feed who is a wild thing who respects the power of this totally and will not emerge even for food until it is safe. Wise critter...

Like all of us out here ...

Glad you are all safe and prepared, I hope it doesn't last too long.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,177 ✭✭✭pad199207

Wind coming down the chimney in Kildare with a little interference on the sky sat

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭Little snowy old me

Mother agreed to come up to my sisters and is now all about the big storm when earlier she was giving out that we were making a fuss about a gale. There was an eerie feel to the air this afternoon... As of something major is brewing. We shall see.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,499 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

Logan Roy wrote: »
    Crows flock here before sunset and at sunrise every single day. It's nothing unsuual.

Yes, but these had a Brennan's sliced pan under their wings..

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Carol25

Looking at an image for the 12z ECM on Twitter...and with limited knowledge on analysing these charts, am wondering should this event be going red for some coastal counties?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,941 ✭✭✭JanuarySnowstor

I think looking at all the charts today orange looks more or less spot on. As others have said though a county by county warning system is a bit silly. Long ago it would be West and north bearing brunt or West and South and it worked aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭tiegan

Rodar08 wrote: »
    It’s almost impossible to find that information on here during the event with so many posts etc. Mods would it be an idea to open a closed chat thread with frequent updates from our experienced forecasters only?

In the past, once a weather event looks like being a major disturbance the thread has been divided into a chat thread and a new one opened for technical discussion only. Usually works quite well so you do not have to go through everything for the updates you require.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,248 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

It seems every year as soon as i put lights up the wind picks up.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

They've taken the roads in!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,915 ✭✭✭Storm 10

They've taken the roads in!

Silly comment

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Santy2015

I assume this is a non discussion considering the main contributors haven’t posted all day.

Storm 10 wrote: »
    Silly comment

Thanks. I thought it was true and rang the wife to tell her to park the car up quick.

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭aisling86

Santy2015 wrote: »
    I assume this is a non discussion considering the main contributors haven’t posted all day.

Thinking the same myself. If Carlow weather goes live on Facebook it will tell alot!

Sheets of rain blowing against the window in Kildare now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Sheets of rain this evening in cork city, winds beginning to build aswell already.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,677 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Thanks for putting so much time and effort in to this as always Meteorite! :cool:

tjZRSKz.png

There’s a yellow rainfall warning for Donegal for accumulations of 30-40mm. Worth noting for those up there too.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Snow Garden

Remember folks, this storm is a Sunday afternoon/evening/night event.
    Tonight is just a poor but fairly typical December night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 Teemarie

Thanks I wasn't sure of the time when it was hitting. Travelling to kilkenny from wexford tomorrow. Will head now before the afternoon. ðŸ‘

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Hooter23

Sheets of rain in Galway too...windy...ah well at least its not boring weather

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

weird shape to this storm...like two storms combined

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Blowy out there, I love it!

"It was a dark and stormy night...."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Hooter23

I like getting weather like this at this time of year...we usually get storms around christmas time anyway...and since snow is so rare in this country we may aswell enjoy the storms we always get anyway...

There’s something fishy going on here and I think I’ve just copped on to what exactly that is ...... the main contributors have all deserted us to go on a Christmas night out together. It’s the only explanation. What other reason could their possibly be for them ALL to be this quiet all day at the edge of a big storm?
    I hope they’re enjoying themselves because we’ll be needing them to be in top form over the next 48 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,915 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Got to say it's strange ok that there have been few updates or charts posted, in the lead up to Lorenzo the thread was hopping days before it hit, strange alright they can't all be gone

Got to say it's strange ok that there have been few updates or charts posted, in the lead up to Lorenzo the thread was hopping days before it hit, strange alright they can't all be gone

Well I think they can because they are! All of them! Gone! And I’m bloody miffed about no invite to the Christmas do. I mean I’ve been reading their ramblings on for over 10 years now.

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭Weltsmertz

Weather warning fatigue. Maybe some people have better things to do than obsesses about the weather..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 Galeforce

Rodar08 wrote: »
    Well I think they can because they are! All of them! Gone! And I’m bloody miffed about no invite to the Christmas do. I mean I’ve been reading their ramblings on for over 10 years now.

Either that or they are in their bunkers...

Advertisement