Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats being built around North Strand Royal Canal

Options
  • 05-12-2019 10:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭

Seeing some work there near the railway lines. New cycle track?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,803 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Royal Canal Greenway

• Registered Users Posts: 14,223 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Yeah it's a bike lane that goes from the bridge at north strand down to around the convention centre I think. Works out great for me as I avoid all the nasty bits of the city centre on the bike.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭jos28

Yeah it's a bike lane that goes from the bridge at north strand down to around the convention centre I think. Works out great for me as I avoid all the nasty bits of the city centre on the bike.

Me too, looking forward to using it

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭Alicano

Looks like a nice idea and it's being built quick enough too. Will hopefully bring some lighting and people presence along a dingy area. Just hope it isn't ruined by tagger graffiti and scrotes acting the maggot.
    I sound like such an aul fella :o:)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,886 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

its ginormous

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,223 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

The only thing I'd worry about, especially given the attacks on the royal canal of late, is that this could be overtaken by the local little knackers living in the area, of which there are quite a few. I'd say they'll have a field day on the thing on scramblers etc. Hopefully it doesn't attract their attention much though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭Hodors Appletart

The only thing I'd worry about, especially given the attacks on the royal canal of late, is that this could be overtaken by the local little knackers living in the area, of which there are quite a few. I'd say they'll have a field day on the thing on scramblers etc. Hopefully it doesn't attract their attention much though.

it doesn't seem to have on the stretch from crossguns bridge to ashtown which passes cabra and finglas

Advertisement