Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone 8 notifications in foreign language Sky Go no longer working

Options
  • 05-12-2019 11:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭

Ive noticed the last while that my notifications on some apps appear in a different language. It happened first when I was in Brazil a couple of months back which I just put down to the location. But I have been home since the start of October and it still happens.

I have checked my language settings and region settings and both are set to Ireland.

Also since I have come home the Sky Go app has not worked. I keep getting the same error...
    "An unknown error has occurred,please try again. Error Code: 6".

I have googled this but found no solutions. Sky Go still works on my Xbox though so it's not an account issue.

Anyone any ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks

FYI: I have deleted and reinstalled the app. iOS is up to date etc.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Are you using a VPN?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

Nope. No VPN.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,083 ✭✭✭Sarn

Is English the first language in your preferred language order under Settings/General/language & Region?

Advertisement