Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Red PVC box on roof?

Options
  • 05-12-2019 1:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭

Does anyone have any idea what this red box is coming out of my roof?

Going to go up into the attic later to see if I can see anything.

Getting a quote off an attic insulation company and they need to know.

Cheers all.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69,091 ✭✭✭✭L1011

It looks like a distribution amplifier for a TV aerial to me, the aerial would have been connected to the extra port. However the picture is a bit on the blurry side to be certain.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭TheW1zard

Cheers,

Yeah theres an old tv port upstairs.
    I presume its live anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,091 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Thats definitely TV.

If it is an actual amp and not just a splitter, there would have been a power inserter on one of the cables coming from it to a TV port; most likely the one connected to the first port. These are usually quite hefty white plastic boxes and not easy to miss!

However it looks a lot more like a passive splitter to me, in which case there's no power anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭TheW1zard

Cool cheers for the quick reply :-)

Ill see if I can trace the wires back into the house. Id like to remove it one way or another!

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭pegasuspub

it looks like an outdoor splitter, its an old Fringe model if i remember correctly,
    it may have been used as a joint box and the cover has fallen off.

• Advertisement
Advertisement