Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help to build new PC

Options
  • 05-12-2019 1:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

I'm happy to pay for a new build - I've no time or experience in building.

Some details from a sticky thread here:

1. What is your budget? [€1200 - €1500]

2. What will be the main purpose of the computer? [Gaming/ Internet/Web development] (Gaming - High Settings Division2)

3. Do you need a copy of Windows? [Yes]

4. Can you use any parts from an old computer? [Hard drive/DVD Drive/Case/PSU/etc.] I have dvd RW LiteON drive. Will probably need a lot of storage on my PC

5. Do you need a monitor? [No - Have dual Monitor setup already]

5b. If no, what resolution is your current monitor and do you plan to upgrade in the near future? [No]

6. Do you need any of these peripherals? [Have all these: Keyboard/Mouse/Wireless Card/Card Reader/Speakers/etc.]

7. Are you willing to try overclocking? [Yes]

8. How can you pay? [Bank Transfer/Laser/Cash]

9. When are you purchasing? [Before Jan if possible]

10. If you need help building it, where are you based? [Clonee, Dublin 15]

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

Hi,

I'm not getting a lot of feedback on this thread. Is there anyone out there that can help me? I'm obviously happy to pay for time invested...

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

K.O.Kiki wrote: »

Many Thanks! Is there an Irish option? - As I have my own business I can claim back the VAT if bought here...

• Registered Users Posts: 28,096 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

sticker wrote: »
    Many Thanks! Is there an Irish option? - As I have my own business I can claim back the VAT if bought here...

Give CCL your Irish VAT number and they won't charge you vat.

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Give CCL your Irish VAT number and they won't charge you vat.

Wow - Thats Great. Which option fo the 2 should I go for do you think? The Nebula looks awsome with the front lights - but thats obviously a superficial option!

Would these options be a good gaming platform? Looking to playt Division2 on ultra?! :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Wow - Thats Great. Which option fo the 2 should I go for do you think? The Nebula looks awsome with the front lights - but thats obviously a superficial option!

Would these options be a good gaming platform? Looking to playt Division2 on ultra?! :rolleyes:

I'll leave the specs up to the other guys here. They know way more than me on that front.

This is very unfortunate - From their online chat:

If you're visiting the UK to claim a VAT refund at the airport, you must purchase from our showroom as you'll need to fill in some forms and we must see your passport. This service is not an option on our online store.

This is very unfortunate - From their online chat:

If you're visiting the UK to claim a VAT refund at the airport, you must purchase from our showroom as you'll need to fill in some forms and we must see your passport. This service is not an option on our online store.

Should be able to provide your VAT number when ordering for delivery. Give them a ring and ask. Pretty standard practice for most UK companies delivering to VAT registered persons in Ireland.

You could try Amazon either? If your VAT number is linked to your account they won't charge VAT.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,451 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

page not found

about Windows, they charge £100 to install windows but you can pick up a copy and install it yourself easily for a lot cheaper or just install Windows without paying and you just have a watermark in the corner of the desktop saying unactivated

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭gibgodsman

Skerries wrote: »
    page not found

about Windows, they charge £100 to install windows but you can pick up a copy and install it yourself easily for a lot cheaper or just install Windows without paying and you just have a watermark in the corner of the desktop saying unactivated

Can literally get a legit Windows key for 5 quid, no reason not to just pay to remove the watermark, also €100 for windows 10? Damn CCL are crazy

Heres the spec in detail:

Just a few details switched from here:
    https://www.cclonline.com/pc/gaming-pcs/reaper/ccl-reaper-gaming-pc/0200050204000000040201/?siteID=TnL5HPStwNw-UjKn8s_BOkEFe1bh98yc_g

CPU Speed 3.8 GHz
    Turbo Core 4.4 GHz
    Number of Cores 6 cores
    Number of Threads 12 threads
    L3 Cache 32 MB
    Technology TSMC 7nm FinFET
    Socket AM4
    Memory
    Description HyperX FURY
    Memory Size (Total) 16384 MB
    Memory Speed 3200 MHz
    Memory Type DDR4
    Number of Modules 2 module
    Voltage 1.35 V
    Pin Configuration 288 pin
    Error Correction No
    Dedicated Graphics
    Description GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER
    Boost Chip Clock 1695 MHz
    Memory Size 8 GB
    Memory Clock 14 Gbps
    Memory Width 256 bit
    Video Card Bus Type PCI Express
    Hard Disk
    Description Seagate BarraCuda
    Motherboard
    Motherboard Model Gigabyte B450 AORUS PRO
    Chipset Manufacturer AMD
    Chipset B450
    Sound
    Integrated Sound Realtek ALC1220
    CPU Cooler
    Cooler Model Cooler Master MasterLiquid Lite
    Liquid Cooler Yes
    Fan Speed 650 - 2000 RPM
    Airflow 66.7 CFM
    Network (Wired)
    Integrated Network Intel GbE
    Network Speeds Supported 10/100/1000 Mbps
    Power Supply
    Power 750 W
    Efficiency Rating 80 Plus Gold
    Modular Cables Yes
    Front Panel I/O Ports
    USB Ports 2 x USB 3.0
    Headphone Ports 1 x 3.5mm Jack
    Microphone In Port 1 x 3.5mm Jack
    Rear Panel I/O Ports
    USB Ports 1 x USB 3.1 Type-C<br>1 x USB 3.1 Type-A<br>4 x USB 3.0
    VGA Port No
    DVI Port Yes
    HDMI Port Yes
    DisplayPorts No
    Ethernet Connectors (RJ-45) 1 x RJ-45
    Audio Line Out Ports 3 x 3.5mm Jacks
    Physical
    Case Colour White
    Chassis Corsair Carbide 275R TG
    Form Factor Mid Tower Case
    Width 211 mm
    Depth 446 mm
    Height 436.5 mm
    Warranty
    Warranty 3 Year Collect & Return
    Parts 3 Years
    Labour 3 Years

• Registered Users Posts: 2,995 ✭✭✭KilOit

gibgodsman wrote: »
    Can literally get a legit Windows key for 5 quid, no reason not to just pay to remove the watermark, also €100 for windows 10? Damn CCL are crazy
    Could you pm safe places to purchase? have been using cracked copies forever but i'd like a legit copy.

Nevermind, allkeyshop.com has a list
    https://www.allkeyshop.com/blog/buy-windows-10-professional-cd-key-compare-prices/

(hint to everyone: click the round "customise this PC" button)

It's a good spec.
    Feel free to upgrade the CPU cooler to 240mm (will allow you to run fans even slower) or just use the stock cooler / buy a cheap tower yourself.
    For The Division 2, RTX cards are faster than their AMD equivalents.

KilOit wrote: »
    Could you pm safe places to purchase? have been using cracked copies forever but i'd like a legit copy.

Nevermind, allkeyshop.com has a list
    https://www.allkeyshop.com/blog/buy-windows-10-professional-cd-key-compare-prices/

Hi,

which version of windows should I go for - I see Retail OEM Key/OEM..?

Is there a guide to the Winndows 10 install for a new machine? Never did it before!

(hint to everyone: click the round "customise this PC" button)

It's a good spec.
    Feel free to upgrade the CPU cooler to 240mm (will allow you to run fans even slower) or just use the stock cooler / buy a cheap tower yourself.
    For The Division 2, RTX cards are faster than their AMD equivalents.

Thanks!

I think my GFX card is already a RTX? - is this what you meant?

On my spec: MSI GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER GAMING X 8GB

• Registered Users Posts: 2,995 ✭✭✭KilOit

Hi,

which version of windows should I go for - I see Retail OEM Key/OEM..?

Is there a guide to the Winndows 10 install for a new machine? Never did it before!

OEM is tied to Motherboard so go with that, wouldn't be changing motherboard that often. the other keys look like one time use

Hi,

I went for this option but after checkout and receiving the key its says its an upgrade from windows 10 home to pro?

I was looking for a clean install for the new machine - is this not what I needed?

https://software-codes.com/products/microsoft-windows-10-pro-oem-key?utm_source=www.allkeyshop.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=allkeyshop

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭gibgodsman

Hi,

I went for this option but after checkout and receiving the key its says its an upgrade from windows 10 home to pro?

I was looking for a clean install for the new machine - is this not what I needed?

https://software-codes.com/products/microsoft-windows-10-pro-oem-key?utm_source=www.allkeyshop.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=allkeyshop

Thanks

Just download windows 10, use a bootable USB to install it and select Pro, and use the code they gave you when it requests a cd key

• Advertisement

gibgodsman wrote: »
    Just download windows 10, use a bootable USB to install it and select Pro, and use the code they gave you when it requests a cd key

Thanks!

Hi All,

So I went for this one: Thanks again for all the help!

CCL Customised Reaper PC
    Code# CONFIG_C4680228.0
    Comprising of:
    1 x 3 Year Warranty
    1 x GameMax (30cm) Magnetic LED Strip - White
    1 x Cooler Master MasterLiquid Lite 240 Liquid CPU Cooler
    1 x Seagate BarraCuda 4TB SATA III 3.5" HDD
    1 x Lite-On eBAU108 External DVD Writer Optical Drive
    1 x Gigabyte G750H 750W Modular 80+ Gold PSU
    1 x Corsair Carbide 275R TG Gaming Case - White
    1 x Gigabyte B450 AORUS PRO AMD Socket AM4 Motherboard
    1 x Adata Ultimate SU800 1TB 2.5" SATA III SSD
    1 x MSI GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER GAMING X 8GB
    1 x AMD Ryzen 5 3600X 3.8GHz 6 Core (Socket AM4) CPU
    1 x HyperX FURY 16GB (2x 8GB) 3200MHz DDR4 RAM

Quick one - if I wanted to add internal storage to this - what would be the best option - I've a huge volume of camera photos and videos going back 15 years I want to move off old external drives...

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭minitrue

What you posted has 1TB ssd and a 4TB hdd so how much space do you need? Shouldn't be any problem to add another disk if you need to.

And I presume you mean copy off the old drives so the old drives act as a backup! Never leave anything important on only one drive as it's asking for trouble and ideally get the backup off-site!

minitrue wrote: »
    What you posted has 1TB ssd and a 4TB hdd so how much space do you need? Shouldn't be any problem to add another disk if you need to.

And I presume you mean copy off the old drives so the old drives act as a backup! Never leave anything important on only one drive as it's asking for trouble and ideally get the backup off-site!

Many Thanks!

I use Google Drive / Google One for backups - it's very cheap & more than enough for most photo / video libraries.
    Even if they're probably skimming to see what countries I've been to :rolleyes:

I use Google Drive / Google One for backups - it's very cheap & more than enough for most photo / video libraries.
    Even if they're probably skimming to see what countries I've been to :rolleyes:

Cheers - I'll look into that!

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Drakus

A couple of questions if you dont mind as I am in the process of looking for a new build myself.

1. How did you get on with the VAT, did they subtract the VAT amount before you paid the bill.

2. Did you look at custompc.ie when shopping, and if so were CCL much cheaper.

Best of luck with the new system.

Drakus wrote: »
    A couple of questions if you dont mind as I am in the process of looking for a new build myself.

1. How did you get on with the VAT, did they subtract the VAT amount before you paid the bill.

2. Did you look at custompc.ie when shopping, and if so were CCL much cheaper.

Best of luck with the new system.

Do not buy from Custompc.ie. Plenty of people on here have had issues with them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Do not buy from Custompc.ie. Plenty of people on here have had issues with them.

Avoid like the plague.

Advertisement