Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Compiling a list of FG poor performance

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

blanch152 wrote: »
    Yes, Labour, gets them a second preference from me, if Joan Burton is running, as it was her advisor who pushed their opposition.

So we can safely say that FG were complicit in making the worse decision ever in the state by voting for the bank guarantee and continuing said guarantee after they took office. Let's not forget that FG turned the promissory note into sovereign debt at a late night sitting on the Dail when the same promissory note was to face a legal challenge only days later. I find it amusing that anyone attempts to suggest that FG are more competent than FF. At present we have records being broken by FG on health and housing , the worst ever in the history of the state.
    Ah Joan Burton the great woman that she is. I particularly liked the smile on her face as she cut the ribbon on the opening of a food bank.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Only one party voted against the bank guarantee, it wasn't FG.

Was it the greens?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

McMurphy wrote: »
    Was it the greens?

Nope Labour 2008, but happy to endorse it once bums were on ministerial seats in 2011.
    Hopefully the Greens will never occupy a position of power again. They were part of the government which crashed the country.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

NIMAN wrote: »
    so Kaiser, are you supporting the return of a FF Gov to fix all these problems?

They are preferable to Fine Gael. Thanks in no small part to Fine Gael.

Phoebas wrote: »
    Well duh.
    Before the crash we had the fake boom that led to the crash.

And we want to go back to that cycle again?

Did you read his entire post?
    It gets to this, economy doing great built on straw, could go at any minute, but people are able to house themselves.

Economy doing great, nobody can afford rent let alone a mortgage.

For the public who don't make the millions but always get the bill when it comes to a close I think they'd go for the being able to put a roof over their heads with their own money. Somewhere in the middle would be nifty, but FG aren't about the public.
    FYI: We never left that cycle.

Main difference is the money is going on waste, sweet deals and enriching vulture funds instead of cheap loans to Eddie punch clock and Joe six pack.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,789 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

Fine Gael's greatest achievement when it comes to poor performance is screwing up so much that they make Fianna Fail seem electable again.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,182 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

Healthcare Healthcare Healthcare.

BattleCorp wrote: »
    Fine Gael's greatest achievement when it comes to poor performance is screwing up so much that they make Fianna Fail seem electable again.

I think it was intentional in some sense, (not the screw ups). They would rather the see-saw of FF/FG governments than opening the door to any other option by making them viable, like they did for FF.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,450 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

It gets to this, economy doing great built on straw, could go at any minute, but people are able to house themselves.

For the public who don't make the millions but always get the bill when it comes to a close I think they'd go for the being able to put a roof over their heads with their own money. Somewhere in the middle would be nifty, but FG aren't about the public.

Main difference is the money is going on waste, sweet deals and enriching vulture funds instead of cheap loans to Eddie punch clock and Joe six pack.

Nobody can afford rent????

Like nobody.

Ah Matt, where so you get these facts from.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭tobsey

In the boom people weren't putting a roof over their heads with their own money, they were doing it with bank's money by borrowing 7 times their income. No they are being prevented from doing the same even though they foolishly would if they got a chance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭tobsey

Nobody can afford rent????

Like nobody.

Ah Matt, where so you get these facts from.

They're not facts, they're opinions. However they're consistently written to appear as fact and when a chalenge comes it's only then they're called opinions.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,853 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

lads I always thought this funny, just imagine the same thing happened again, guaranteeing all the debt etc . I understand how it came about the last time. If that same scenario were to every happen again, I think good luck to Nama selling off stuff in dublin etc for a pittance again, and the state then buying or renting it back for a fortune. Or the blanket guarantee etc, leinster house would be burned to the ground before I could see it happening and it is something all citizens would be agreed on. well 99.9999% I am sure the likes of varadkar and a handful of snakes, would be happy to sell us out to the benefit of the minuscule number of elite...

I laugh at those defending rental prices etc, are you paying 2k for an average two bed in dublin, up to 3k ? you are in your B*LLOCKS its easy to defend everything, when many got lucky or got property for a pittance or inherited etc. Fair play to those that worked hard for it obviously...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,450 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

tobsey wrote: »
    They're not facts, they're opinions. However they're consistently written to appear as fact and when a chalenge comes it's only then they're called opinions.

So fantasy lala land.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

People can afford rent but for 11/1200 a month some of the places are absolute squalor. And these greedy f**k are getting away with it on FG's watch.

A 2 ring hob sitting on a microwave in a tiny damp room cannot be classed as proper and adequate accommodation.

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    People can afford rent but for 11/1200 a month some of the places are absolute squalor. And these greedy f**k are getting away with it on FG's watch.

A 2 ring hob sitting on a microwave in a tiny damp room cannot be classed as proper and adequate accommodation.

Its absolutely fine for workers and students, you should accept it and shut up! Get up earlier in the morning! For council tenants though? no, only the best will do! Nice luxury apartments in dundrum, I know of working people living in illegal converted detached garages in the area ( i am a local). Thats what you get here though in this banana republic!

The should be made pay appropriate rents and if they dont pay they are out. How many hundreds of millions would that free up a year, to build more state owned housing?

those fcukers who rent it out, wouldnt put their pets living in it and can you imagine FG td's etc having their kids live in such squalor?

They are SCUM beyond comprehension!

the below is a must watch, for anyone interested, in why government loves rip off property costs, made in australia, but human greed knows no borders, could have been made in the republic here, but the likes of RTE sure as hell, would never commission it. its one thing to do a "prime time investigates" awful conditions people are living in, mad rents etc. they would never put the rats putting people in awful situations in the spot light. Honestly the media here must be totally complicit in the rip off prices and not wanting to educate people on the **** show we have here or they themselves dont actually have a clue, which is very plausible!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XL3n59wC8kk

I voted FG the past two elections. Now from reading my posts and attacks on them here, people think I am some lefty, poor student or god knows what. I run a company and am setting up another. Why does this matter? because I see first hand the impact that the outrageous housing situation has on employees, many say they would have NEVER come to dublin, if they knew what it would be like. One girl has had to move nearly ten times in less than a year (a bit of an extreme case) Of course I have friends etc who wont return to this dump because of the housing situation, appalling government, ridiculous marginal tax rates, outrageous child care. Absolute comedy insurance etc.

Many of these people, like me, actually thought FG would look after workers, reform things etc. The position many people find themselves in with regard to housing is criminal. No societal cost is too high for FG though, find another get rich scheme other than a most basic human , you rotten, morally corrupt SCUM!

The have people trapped with housing, people will ditch nearly everything, to keep a roof over their head or stay in a certain local! It hampers the local economy, spending in local businesses etc. All so that the banks, developers etc, can have an extra 0 on the end of their profit figures! Its so worth it, its really brilliant...

• Registered Users Posts: 27,971 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

A 2 ring hob sitting on a microwave in a tiny damp room for €1,200?

Where?

In the boom people weren't putting a roof over their heads with their own money, they were doing it with bank's money by borrowing 7 times their income. No they are being prevented from doing the same even though they foolishly would if they got a chance.

Yeah was waiting on that. Was talking about without state aid.
    It should be noted every single 'done well for themselves' billion and millionaire gets bank loans, it's just the government doesn't make them all, (some mind) out to be public pariahs when a crash comes, in fact they even sell a lot of any lost assets back to their wives at cut rates.

It's called conversation and discussion. You and your pal are engaging in pedantry to avoid the point. A very FG trait and one which endears your party to the tax payer ;)
    Out from under the rock now the Tan commemoration is dying down?

So people were borrowing at 7 times their income? 'People'? How many? I know I wasn't.....just being a pedantic. I get your gist of course.

• Advertisement

Look at this for a headline. :D

IMG-20200110-165739.jpg

Leo and Charlie funked up, royally (pardon the pun) :pac:

He's a lot on his mind. Terrible concerned for Harry and Megan.
    I personally think those two plucky millionaires might just make it.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,184 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Look at this for a headline. :D

IMG-20200110-165739.jpg

Leo and Charlie funked up, royally (pardon the pun) :pac:

But he has no problem commenting on two royals. :)

He's a lot on his mind. Terrible concerned for Harry and Megan.

He'll have plenty of time to think about them in a few weeks I reckon.

Varadkar obviously had this vision in his mind when he became taoiseach! Jesus there has to be an expectation v reality meme for varadkar out there somewhere! :D

https://www.rte.ie/news/ireland/2020/0110/1105463-northern-ireland-politics/

We'll have to start a new thread on FG good performances. After lowest unemployment, Brexit management, a €1.4bn surplus, etc. they have not got the child parties in the North to go back into government.

Then again, whinging and complaining is so much more fun, isn't it?

There was an article about this a few weeks ago, about how social media has turned us all into complainers, might dig it out.

We'll have to start a new thread on FG good performances. After lowest unemployment, Brexit management, a €1.4bn surplus, etc. they have not got the child parties in the North to go back into government.

There was an article about this a few weeks ago, about how social media has turned us all into complainers, might dig it out.

But you're a green:confused:

But you're a green:confused:

Did you miss the bit "we'll", I was referring to the collective around here.

Seen as it's the thread we're in...
    Leo Varadkar reveals what he thinks of Harry and Meghan’s decision to step back from royal duties

Meghan-Markle-Prince-Harry-Leo-Varadkar.jpg
    https://extra.ie/2020/01/10/entertainment/celebrity/leo-varadkar-harry-meghan-royal

Even the most cynical politician would have been out talking about something more important. Not like there's nothing to pick from.
    Sums him up well. I think Tan-again railroaded poor Leo with the promise of a great selfie moment.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Snow Garden

Being totally honest, I don't think the economic recovery had anything to do with FG or any of their policies (Name one FG economic policy that made a difference). It happened in spite of FG. I give credit to the hard working and resilient Irish people and the massive multinationals that provide so much corporation tax revenue. FG followed the exact same policies that FF/IMF started and they have not addressed the elephants in the room...pensions and national debt....not another red cent?

Advertisement