Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Compiling a list of FG poor performance

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,152 ✭✭✭✭charlie14

blanch152 wrote: »
    https://www.rte.ie/news/ireland/2020/0110/1105463-northern-ireland-politics/

We'll have to start a new thread on FG good performances. After lowest unemployment, Brexit management, a €1.4bn surplus, etc. they have not got the child parties in the North to go back into government.

Then again, whinging and complaining is so much more fun, isn't it?

There was an article about this a few weeks ago, about how social media has turned us all into complainers, might dig it out.

But your a Green supporter.
    Are you expecting the Greens to talk up FG during the election campaign ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,450 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Being totally honest, I don't think the economic recovery had anything to do with FG or any of their policies (Name one FG economic policy that made a difference). It happened in spite of FG. I give credit to the hard working and resilient Irish people and the massive multinationals that provide so much corporation tax revenue. FG followed the exact same policies that FF/IMF started and they have not addressed the elephants in the room...pensions and national debt....not another red cent?

Yeah the multinationals who every party in opposition wanted to increase corporate tax rate for.

Or take the apple tax which doesn't even belong to us.

So you admit multinationals tax is vital to Ireland?

Isn't there a pension plan in place soon with automatic enrollment?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

charlie14 wrote: »
    But your a Green supporter.
    Are you expecting the Greens to talk up FG during the election campaign ?

Not that its important but does anyone believe anything he says?

Yeah the multinationals who every party in opposition wanted to increase corporate tax rate for.

Or take the apple tax which doesn't even belong to us.

So you admit multinationals tax is vital to Ireland?

Isn't there a pension plan in place soon with automatic enrollment?

Just on the pensions, there is a pensions timebomb coming down the road. No party has tackled the behemoth that is public sector pensions. Private pensions were raided by Noonan during the last government shattering confidence in many people that pension planning was a safe bet. How FG got away with stealing funds form private pensions is still a mystery to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Just on the pensions, there is a pensions timebomb coming down the road. No party has tackled the behemoth that is public sector pensions. Private pensions were raided by Noonan during the last government shattering confidence in many people that pension planning was a safe bet. How FG got away with stealing funds form private pensions is still a mystery to me.

There's many a Fine Gael rodeo clown*.

*A rodeo clown, bullfighter or rodeo protection athlete, is a rodeo performer who works in bull riding competitions. Originally, the rodeo clown was a single job combining "bullfighting"—the protection of riders thrown from the bull, as well as being an individual who provided comic relief.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,450 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Well actually FF signed up to raiding the pensions and as people have said FG had to follow the FF/IMF terms of the bailout.

Love the revionism here with each post.

Facts and stories change within a minute.

Well actually FF signed up to raiding the pensions and as people have said FG had to follow the FF/IMF terms of the bailout.

Can you provide a link to the MOU with the Troika that backs up your claim otherwise I can dismiss it as spoofing.
    Oops found this...

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/government-defied-the-troika-with-pension-raid-26784791.html

• Registered Users Posts: 14,719 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

Being totally honest, I don't think the economic recovery had anything to do with FG or any of their policies (Name one FG economic policy that made a difference). It happened in spite of FG. I give credit to the hard working and resilient Irish people and the massive multinationals that provide so much corporation tax revenue. FG followed the exact same policies that FF/IMF started and they have not addressed the elephants in the room...pensions and national debt....not another red cent?

Remember when SF was matching lockstep behind Syriza?

https://www.thejournal.ie/state-of-the-nation-sinn-fein-syriza-2215113-Jul2015/

If we had SF at the helm in those years, our economy would have looked a lot worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,971 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Not that its important but does anyone believe anything he says?
    There's many a Fine Gael rodeo clown*.

*A rodeo clown, bullfighter or rodeo protection athlete, is a rodeo performer who works in bull riding competitions. Originally, the rodeo clown was a single job combining "bullfighting"—the protection of riders thrown from the bull, as well as being an individual who provided comic relief.

What was it someone said about their username? They were only having the craic.

You should know by now the difference between a serious post and one tongue in cheek. Then again, you probably see me as fulfilling the conspiracy theory of FG bots.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

Just on the pensions, there is a pensions timebomb coming down the road. No party has tackled the behemoth that is public sector pensions.

sINCE THE introduction of the PRD in 2009, contributions by PS have increased substantially.

The new Single PS pension scheme is less generous than previous schemes.

What was it someone said about their username? They were only having the craic.

You should know by now the difference between a serious post and one tongue in cheek. Then again, you probably see me as fulfilling the conspiracy theory of FG bots.

I have you down as disingenuous, dishonest and prone to disappearing for a few days when caught on your nonsense. I place no value on conspiracy theories about bots etc.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Snow Garden

markodaly wrote: »
    Remember when SF was matching lockstep behind Syriza?

https://www.thejournal.ie/state-of-the-nation-sinn-fein-syriza-2215113-Jul2015/

If we had SF at the helm in those years, our economy would have looked a lot worse.

Why are you asking me about Sinn Fein economic policy?
    I voted FG for the past 20 years. I dont think you understood my post.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭tobsey

FG moved forward the exit from the bailout to end the troika oversight. They did this by implementing harder than required budgets in order to have short term hardship to speed up the recovery. They implemented CGT exemptions in order to encourage investment in property. This caused property values to increase and pull hundreds of thousands of people out of negative equity. The world economy had recovered long before we did, and since we started the recovery we’ve outpaced the average by a considerable distance.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Yet another well researched, and carefully thought out response by Jingle.

Why are you asking me about Sinn Fein economic policy?
    I voted FG for the past 20 years. I dont think you understood my post.

I am sure you did. Just like Matt and all the other 'ex' FG voters in this thread.

I am sure you did. Just like Matt and all the other 'ex' FG voters in this thread.

And not forgetting the stalwart current green voters.

McMurphy wrote: »
    And not forgetting the stalwart current green voters.

What is your point? Are you going to share another screenshot?

Oh, while you are at it, where is the CCTV footage of Maria Bailey? I thought you had that one stored away somewhere...

//still waiting....:pac:

Oh, while you are at it, where is the CCTV footage of Maria Bailey? I thought you had that one stored away somewhere...

Sure wasn't Maria cleared by an internal report that no one saw but still she was stripped of her Chairperson's role and removed from the party ticket. Strange way to treat someone who was cleared of wrong doing.

Confidence or the kiss 'del morto'

https://www.thejournal.ie/maria-bailey-motion-of-no-confidence-4856563-Oct2019/

You fully understand my point - you're casting aspersions on people's previous voting preference, whilst simultaneously turning a blind eye to someone who repeatedly tells us his lie elsewhere.

Why did you think I had CCTV of Maria Bailey stored somewhere btw? Was that something I ever claimed to possess?

• Advertisement

McMurphy wrote: »
    You fully understand my point - you're casting aspersions on people's previous voting preference, whilst simultaneously turning a blind eye to someone who repeatedly tells us his lie elsewhere.

Can you prove its a lie?
    Why did you think I had CCTV of Maria Bailey stored somewhere btw? Was that something I ever claimed to possess?

Oh, I remember something about you getting schooled on GDPR, while you were wetting yourself with the thought of the CCTV footage being released immediately.
    That was, what? 9 months ago?

Can you prove its a lie?

That someone use to vote FG but are now disillusioned, and might vote elsewhere, no.

Can you?

Oh, I remember something about you getting schooled on GDPR, while you were wetting yourself with the thought of the CCTV footage being released immediately.
    That was, what? 9 months ago?

That's not the question you were asked.

I repeat....

Why did you think I had CCTV of Maria Bailey stored away somewhere, was that something I previously claimed to possess?

In your own time.

It's true. In fact I once campaigned for FG (1997). You'll always be ignorant in politics if you cannot accept things that do not agree with your own leanings.
    I do not support SF and I doubt I ever will. At the same time, I will never let myself get so entrenched in a political party that I cannot see their failings ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

https://www.rte.ie/news/ireland/2020/0110/1105463-northern-ireland-politics/

We'll have to start a new thread on FG good performances. After lowest unemployment, Brexit management, a €1.4bn surplus, etc. they have not got the child parties in the North to go back into government.

Then again, whinging and complaining is so much more fun, isn't it?

There was an article about this a few weeks ago, about how social media has turned us all into complainers, might dig it out.

1.4 surplus? Is that enough to fix our crumbled infrastructure?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,027 ✭✭✭Lantus

Blaming politicians is pointless. Its the system of waste and power that needs to be challenged. Democracy might of been a good idea 100 years ago but its no longer fit for purpose. Aristotle realised that democracy would turn into a popularist oligargy with voters like kids in a sweet shop.

Statism is the most dangerous religion in the world.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Can we add FF to the thread title aswell. I feel like the misgivings of both parties need to be clearly grouped and outlined together. They are the exact same and their throwing Government over and back is a charade.

A FG minister got mauled on Radio 1 earlier. I did not catch her name. I only caught part of it but she got destroyed on the health service and the trolley crisis.
    She kept blaming the flu season but she was taken apart by the other panelists. One of them was a doctor who often worked in an A&E. She went very quiet afterwards.

GE2020 will be a very difficult one for FG. They will want a short campaign.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,184 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

A FG minister got mauled on Radio 1 earlier. I did not catch her name. I only caught part of it but she got destroyed on the health service and the trolley crisis.
    She kept blaming the flu season but she was taken apart by the other panelists. One of them was a doctor who often worked in an A&E. She went very quiet afterwards.

GE2020 will be a very difficult one for FG. They will want a short campaign.

Regina Doherty.

Regina Doherty.

I thought it was her alright. She clearly didn't know what she was talking about.

• Advertisement

Regina Doherty.

**Useless info**

She's the absolute spitting image of an aunt of mine, we refer to her as auntie Regina now, she has been stopped on the street and has had several dinners interrupted with people coming to the table to ask if she's Regina. :D

Advertisement