Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Compiling a list of FG poor performance

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69,184 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

I thought it was her alright. She clearly didn't know what she was talking about.

At one point she reamed off an attack on the FF guy and you would swear she had a list of bullet points in front of her. Get the mantra out and keep repeating it will be the order of the campaign, whether it's relevant to the conversation or not. Very annoying in a debate.
    Enda Kenny would do it if under pressure too, particularly if it was SF. He was like the dog in UP...instead of 'Squirrel', it was 'Terrorist!' :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Snow Garden

At one point she reamed off an attack on the FF guy and you would swear she had a list of bullet points in front of her. Get the mantra out and keep repeating it will be the order of the campaign, whether it's relevant to the conversation or not. Very annoying in a debate.
    Enda Kenny would do it if under pressure too, particularly if it was SF. He was like the dog in UP...instead of 'Squirrel', it was 'Terrorist!' :)

Yes she sounded very 'coached'. She had points to make but could not do ad-hoc questions. She kept saying SlainteCare would fix the issues but the others said its more of a slogan than a solution.

The worrying bit was that the doctor/consultant said the health system is getting worse and worse across the board (A&E, waiting lists, public system).
    Harris only seems to be adding new managers to an already bureaucratic system.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

A FG minister got mauled on Radio 1 earlier. I did not catch her name. I only caught part of it but she got destroyed on the health service and the trolley crisis.
    She kept blaming the flu season but she was taken apart by the other panelists. One of them was a doctor who often worked in an A&E. She went very quiet afterwards.

GE2020 will be a very difficult one for FG. They will want a short campaign.

Regina Doherty - Predictably she blamed Fianna Fáil for the crisises in the health service after 9 years of FG in power.

A very valid point made by one of the panellists around the outrage over the RIC commemoration. Imagine if the same outrage was shared over health, its seems like people are happy to accept the status quo in this regard.

FG Ministers are so full of bull**** and contempt. They are all singing off the same PR hymn sheet at this stage.

There are cancer operations being cancelled and over 500,000 people on waiting lists.

My read also is that Simon Harris has lost control of the Civil Service under him. Seems he is afraid of them and not capable of challenging the status quo and driving forward the change that is needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,184 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    Regina Doherty - Predictably she blamed Fianna Fáil for the crisises in the health service after 9 years of FG in power.

A very valid point made by one of the panellists around the outrage over the RIC commemoration. Imagine if the same outrage was shared over health, its seems like people are happy to accept the status quo in this regard.

FG Ministers are so full of bull**** and contempt. They are all singing off the same PR hymn sheet at this stage.

I'd have turned that one on it's head had I been in studio.

Imagine if the government reaction to the outrage over health was the same as the one over the RIC.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

I'd have turned that one on it's head had I been in studio.

Imagine if the government reaction to the outrage over health was the same as the one over the RIC.

This.

This all day long.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,853 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

Concern as landlord says his 'sex for rent' offer is 'a good idea'

https://www.msn.com/en-ie/news/newsireland/concern-as-landlord-says-his-sex-for-rent-offer-is-a-good-idea/ar-BBYQnwZ?li=BBr5KbJ&ocid=mailsignout

no doubt Varadkar would say, that this is an even easier way to secure a property, than getting up a 3am! Probably wondering what all the fuss is about!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Idbatterim wrote: »

https://www.msn.com/en-ie/news/newsireland/concern-as-landlord-says-his-sex-for-rent-offer-is-a-good-idea/ar-BBYQnwZ?li=BBr5KbJ&ocid=mailsignout

no doubt Varadkar would say, that this is an even easier way to secure a property, than getting up a 3am! Probably wondering what all the fuss is about!

Doesn't surprise me in the current climate. The rental market is a basket case.

As someone currently looking for a place I have seen a lot of ads posted by males with "females only" (a bit creepy in my estimation) and also Monday to Friday only for more of less the same rent. Wtf is up with that. Greedy cnuts.

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭darklighter

The worrying bit was that the doctor/consultant said the health system is getting worse and worse across the board (A&E, waiting lists, public system).

This is the problem with the health system.

We have two options:

1) Accept the bloat & absolutely drown the health system in money to try and remedy most of the problems
    2) Complete root & branch tear down & re-build of the health system.....this will involve thousands of redundancies

Neither of the above will gain any party votes, and would actually cost a party votes, so all that will happen will be a continuance of the status quo where the government of the day bandages up any serious problems with a few million here & there.

As for Regina Doherty, we get what we vote for, shes an absolute stain on society but she isn't the first politican like that & wont be the last :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Snow Garden

This is the problem with the health system.

We have two options:

1) Accept the bloat & absolutely drown the health system in money to try and remedy most of the problems
    2) Complete root & branch tear down & re-build of the health system.....this will involve thousands of redundancies

Neither of the above will gain any party votes, and would actually cost a party votes, so all that will happen will be a continuance of the status quo where the government of the day bandages up any serious problems with a few million here & there.

As for Regina Doherty, we get what we vote for, shes an absolute stain on society but she isn't the first politican like that & wont be the last :(

Great post. Totally agree that no Irish government in this political system will ever have the courage to do #2.
    Fine Gael had the best chance in 2011 when the country was in a dire state. They bottled it.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,577 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

And Eoghan Murphy would chime in that such arrangements between nubile young women and middle-aged landlords are quite trendy nowadays...

• Advertisement

you all know how scathing I have been of Fg, Labour certainly hamstrung them though, FG might have had some appetite for change at the time or meant what they said about change in 2011. A vote for labour, was a vote for exactly what we have now with health, public service and welfare!

And Eoghan Murphy would chime in that such arrangements between nubile young women and middle-aged landlords are quite trendy nowadays...

if interested in this arrangement, please email XXXX , you must include "recent photos of yourself, face and full body shot" :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

blanch152 wrote: »
    What was it someone said about their username? They were only having the craic.

You should know by now the difference between a serious post and one tongue in cheek. Then again, you probably see me as fulfilling the conspiracy theory of FG bots.

Wheres the theory? You 100% get a flea in your ear if any comment hints of criticism towards FG. That's cool Blanch. Your opinion is welcome, if ever you choose to post one.
    Damage control by way of attack and diversion isn't really discussion or opinion.

Wheres the theory? You 100% get a flea in your ear if any comment hints of criticism towards FG. That's cool Blanch. Your opinion is welcome, if ever you choose to post one.

nobody except FG td's could even attempt to defend FG, I mean if you position is "FG are the best of an appalling lot" fair enough, but to actually defend their performance, is laughter lounge stuff!

nobody except FG td's could even attempt to defend FG, I mean if you position is "FG are the best of an appalling lot" fair enough, but to actually defend their performance, is laughter lounge stuff!

Even FG members and TD's criticise FG policy. Leo was a great man for it in his 'career'.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Eire Go Brach

FG will still get my vote ahead of Fianna Failure.
    They destroyed my country.

All the millionaires are back making millions.
    Only difference is the myriad crises.

you'd feel different about it, if you were on the receiving end of FG rip off housing policy , certainly if you were in dublin. You will hear the oft trotted out, "it was never easy to buy a home" yeah? my parents bought in dublin, in 1989 for 16,000 pounds, what would go for likely €350,000 (it required total gutting, no inside toilet etc) I know interest rates are cheaper now! But 16,000 pound back then, was probably not far off an average salary for the year, the way 35,000 wouldnt be too far off it now!

• Registered Users Posts: 27,971 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

You are not allowed say that around here. Here is the reaction you are likely to get from other posters.

(1) it isn’t an opinion
    (2) you are a FG bot
    (3) a thread needs to be started in Feedback over why you are allowed post
    (4) producing facts to back up your opinion is pointless because everyone is allowed an opinion
    (5) your name is Denis O’Brien
    (6) somebody will post a picture of people at a computer in a room and say you are one of them

Well done on the common sense post but don’t expect a sensible reaction, after all, to use the usual common phrase around here - FG have made Ff electable again. The real funny bit though is that the fools who use that phrase haven’t realised that it shows up the rest even more. If FG are so bad, and have made Ff electable again, that means the rest of them - SF, PBP and Soc Dems in particular - must be utter ****e.

Greens and Labour can be excused as at least they are rising in popularity unlike the other dunces in the corner who look shabby even compared to FG.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,971 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

you'd feel different about it, if you were on the receiving end of FG rip off housing policy , certainly if you were in dublin. You will hear the oft trotted out, "it was never easy to buy a home" yeah? my parents bought in dublin, in 1989 for 16,000 pounds, what would go for likely €350,000 (it required total gutting, no inside toilet etc) I know interest rates are cheaper now! But 16,000 pound back then, was probably not far off an average salary for the year, the way 35,000 wouldnt be too far off it now!

I was earning a lot more than 16k in 1989 and I paid a lot more of my income in rent too. First house I bought soon after costs a lot more than 16k too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭tobsey

That’s not FG’s fault, and definitely not the current governments fault. The main cause of it I believe was McCreevy’s tax individualisation which made it much more difficult to have a single income household. Once there were two incomes being used to buy homes the prices were only going one way.

Actually I know all about it. I’m what you call a Celtic tiger cub. I’m in a 2 bed apartment still in negative equity. Bought in 2006. Fianna Failures miss management and greed mainly that scumbag Bertie got me there.

Im not fan of FG by any means. I vote from the bottom up. All I’m saying is FG will be above Fianna Failure, Labour and the Greens. I still hold them accountable.
    So FG will probably be my number 10 vote.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

Actually I know all about it. I’m what you call a Celtic tiger cub. I’m in a 2 bed apartment still in negative equity. Bought in 2006. Fianna Failures miss management and greed mainly that scumbag Bertie got me there.

So Bertie forced you to take out a mortgage? Personally I hold myself responsible for my decisions, but that's just me.

So Bertie forced you to take out a mortgage? Personally I hold myself responsible for my decisions, but that's just me.

As do I. I never said that. Fianna Failures miss management let the house market spiral out of control. They are the reason the economy and my country fell so hard. And the reason why I’m in negative equity.

As do I. I never said that. Fianna Failures miss management let the house market spiral out of control. They are the reason the economy and my country fell so hard. And the reason why I’m in negative equity.

No fan of FF but to put the crashing of the economy solely at the feet of FF is simplistic tbh. Whilst there was questionable management here there was also an international aspect to the crash here. You can deny it if you wish but it's fact. Also nothing leads me to believe the crash would have been much different under FG.

No fan of FF but to put the crashing of the economy solely at the feet of FF is simplistic tbh. Whilst there was questionable management here there was also an international aspect to the crash here. You can deny it if you wish but it's fact. Also nothing leads me to believe the crash would have been much different under FG.

The recession would have happened. But as I said. It fell so hard because of Fianna Failure. When the housing market and economy was brought up. Bertie told us to kill ourselves.

It’s the reason FG are so conservative now.

The recession would have happened. But as I said. It fell so hard because of Fianna Failure. When the housing market and economy was brought up. Bertie told us to kill ourselves.

'Bertie told us to kill ourselves'

Soz lad but that's a blantant lie.

It’s the reason FG are so conservative now.

Ah yes conservative FG, nearly a billion wasted on Irish Water. The most expensive hospital in the world expected to cost 2 billion, a boardband plan expected to cost almost 3 billion to the taxpayer but the network to be given to a private company.
    Can't say I agree with your idea of conservative.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,719 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

Yes she sounded very 'coached'. She had points to make but could not do ad-hoc questions. She kept saying SlainteCare would fix the issues but the others said its more of a slogan than a solution.

I didn't catch the interview but that is an interesting point. Slaintecare is the cross-party solution and strategy for our health service. If there were other TD's on the panel, and they stated Slaintecare was not a solution, then what is the solution?

Didnt they sign up to Slaintecare?

I have stated many many times before. The health service cannot be fixed by one minister or one political party. It will require a cross-party solution, and Slaintecare is that imo.

Everything you will hear over the coming months will be the same nonsense we have heard time and time again from perspective would be parties vying for votes and power.

How can a political party state on one hand that they have a solution for our health system, that only they can execute while signing up to Slaintecare at the same time, but stating its not a solution? This is the core issue with our political system. If we cannot call out this bull$hit, then we will forever be bickering about this or that, with no real reform or solutions to make our health service fit for purpose.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,719 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

ChikiChiki wrote: »

The health service has been in 'crisis' for the past 25 years. The changes needed means some people need to take harsh measures, that may be politically toxic, so no one goes there. So, poltiicans bicker and talk $hite about it, and use it as a political football. If FF or SF get into power, one can expect the same status quo.
    My read also is that Simon Harris has lost control of the Civil Service under him. Seems he is afraid of them and not capable of challenging the status quo and driving forward the change that is needed.

What change is this, exactly? Slaintecare or something else?
    If you think one person, in a minority government, can unilaterally change the health system that employs over 100,000 people then you are the problem tbh, with completely unrealistic expectations on what can be done short term.

• Advertisement

Is it true Leo Varadkar K.B.E. iust needs to hang on for 4 more months to get his full Taoiseach pension?
    Snap election unlikely so...

We acknowledge low unemployment. We acknowledge the supposed strong economy.
    If only Fine Gael and their rodeo clowns would acknowledge the crises, but I guess that would mean having to address them.

It's plain to see they aren't interested.

The FG election slogan should be, 'Things are bad and getting worse but dem others...jaysus'.
    And a pure defeatist attitude to homelessness and health. If they aren't capable of tackling these issues they should step aside.

Advertisement