Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Compiling a list of FG poor performance

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,853 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

https://m.independent.ie/irish-news/news/call-the-election-game-over-for-varadkar-as-ff-td-set-to-vote-no-confidence-in-harris-38854090.html

Great news above. I want the election now and if that’s true about the rat not getting his extra pension, that alone is enough justification to have it now !

https://m.independent.ie/irish-news/politics/fine-gaels-5-a-week-pension-hike-election-pledge-as-doherty-says-jobseeker-benefits-wont-increase-38854089.html

Fcuking farce. Drop the pittance in prescription charges etc again too no doubt !

markodaly wrote: »
    The health service has been in 'crisis' for the past 25 years. The changes needed means some people need to take harsh measures, that may be politically toxic, so no one goes there. So, poltiicans bicker and talk $hite about it, and use it as a political football. If FF or SF get into power, one can expect the same status quo.

What change is this, exactly? Slaintecare or something else?
    If you think one person, in a minority government, can unilaterally change the health system that employs over 100,000 people then you are the problem tbh, with completely unrealistic expectations on what can be done short term.

Totally agree with this. Not a chance change will happen with health. They throw a fortune at it and it’s gets worse. What are the left going to do ? Tax the rich on forty thousand more? To throw more at it ? Actually sack the wasters or pen pushers in the system etc and force reform ?! L! O!L

That’s even more naive than me believing varadkar possibly wasn’t full of **** years ago

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Snow Garden

I didn't catch the interview but that is an interesting point. Slaintecare is the cross-party solution and strategy for our health service. If there were other TD's on the panel, and they stated Slaintecare was not a solution, then what is the solution?

Didnt they sign up to Slaintecare?

I have stated many many times before. The health service cannot be fixed by one minister or one political party. It will require a cross-party solution, and Slaintecare is that imo.

Everything you will hear over the coming months will be the same nonsense we have heard time and time again from perspective would be parties vying for votes and power.

How can a political party state on one hand that they have a solution for our health system, that only they can execute while signing up to Slaintecare at the same time, but stating its not a solution? This is the core issue with our political system. If we cannot call out this bull$hit, then we will forever be bickering about this or that, with no real reform or solutions to make our health service fit for purpose.

Maybe you should listen to the interview?

SlainteCare is a 10 year program. The minister clearly used it to fob off questions about the trolley crisis today. Enda promised to end the Trolley crisis 10 years ago! The trolley crisis has never been worse. The doctor on the panel spelled out what needed to be done and it wasn't another mass.

The election is coming in February anyway so they can defend FG's inaction in Health in depth.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Madigan is surely finished if this is true.

https://twitter.com/IrishMailSunday/status/1216140229754511362?s=09

• Registered Users Posts: 7,800 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Any news on those millions in daily fines by the EU for not implementing water charges as threatened by FG all those years ago?

• Advertisement

To be honest, I thought the whole RIC/B&T thing was really making a mountain out of a molehill. It showed a lot of national immaturity and ignorance.
    While I love history, I am too old now to get angry or emotional about historic events or commemorations (I thought the 1916 party was vulgar too) - life is way too short. And I say that knowing that my own great grandfather was imprisoned for a while in Athlone by the Black and Tans.

However I am very aware of how much that commemoration fiasco has really touched a nerve. Everybody is talking about it and, rightly or wrongly there is a lot of anger towards Leo and Charlie. Major it's a symptom of a more general anger. In any event it's a major own goal just before an election.

Surprise surprise.

TDs still claiming hundreds of euro for scrapped data roaming charges
    TDs are still claiming up to €25 a day for EU data roaming charges, two years after the fee was scrapped.

Fine Gael's Alan Farrell was the worst offender after getting €550 since February 2018.

McMurphy wrote: »
    Surprise surprise.

TDs still claiming hundreds of euro for scrapped data roaming charges

TDs are still claiming up to €25 a day for EU data roaming charges, two years after the fee was scrapped.

Fine Gael's Alan Farrell was the worst offender after getting €550 since February 2018.

Fcuking hell. That's disgusting. TDs like Farrell are just greedy pigs.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,152 ✭✭✭✭charlie14

I didn't catch the interview but that is an interesting point. Slaintecare is the cross-party solution and strategy for our health service. If there were other TD's on the panel, and they stated Slaintecare was not a solution, then what is the solution?

Didnt they sign up to Slaintecare?

I have stated many many times before. The health service cannot be fixed by one minister or one political party. It will require a cross-party solution, and Slaintecare is that imo.

Everything you will hear over the coming months will be the same nonsense we have heard time and time again from perspective would be parties vying for votes and power.

How can a political party state on one hand that they have a solution for our health system, that only they can execute while signing up to Slaintecare at the same time, but stating its not a solution? This is the core issue with our political system. If we cannot call out this bull$hit, then we will forever be bickering about this or that, with no real reform or solutions to make our health service fit for purpose.

If you are holding out hopes for this Slaintecare as the golden bullet to improve our health service, then I assume you will be voting for someone others than FG.

FG, other than Harris attempting to look as if he is doing something, have no interest in it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

That little runt needs to be taken off the ticket.

Pure gouger.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,152 ✭✭✭✭charlie14

Fcuking hell. That's disgusting. TDs like Farrell are just greedy pigs.

Ah sure God love him.

Why would we not pay for his withdrawn inflated car repair bill and his whiplash injury claim.

An out and out chancer.

Leo due on to RTE radio one in the next few minutes.

This'll be interesting.

Leo due on to RTE radio one in the next few minutes.

This'll be interesting.

The RIC/DMP/Aux/Black and Tan state commemoration was not approved by cabinet says Leo.

The EG contradicted Charlie about it being recommended by them.

We will consult more and listen in the future, yada yada yada said Leo.

That brings the whole furore of the last week right at the feet of DOJ - Charlie, Leo, Josepha and Heather. Tut tut tut.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,184 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

The RIC/DMP/Aux/Black and Tan state commemoration was not approved by cabinet says Leo.

That brings the whole furore of the last week right at the feet of DOJ - Charlie, Leo, Josepha and Heather. Tut tut tut.

He assured McCullagh that the government had 'collective responsibility' but then laid the blame for this at Charlie Flanagan ministry. :)

It is also bizarre that FG are happy to demand that SF fulfill their mandate in the north, yet their mandate in the south is to be ignored.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,867 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Leo saying that he's decided when he's going to call the election, but won't tell us as usual - preferring the usual dramatics first

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/election-2020-varadkar-says-he-has-made-decision-on-election-but-will-not-reveal-date-yet-1.4137362
    The Taoiseach has said “circumstances have changed” since his previously stated desire to hold an election in May 2020, as he indicated he will dissolve the Dáil in the coming days.

Mr Varadkar was speaking on RTÉ’s radio’s ‘This Week’ programme and said he has made a decision on when to hold an election, but said there is “respect and protocol” around how he seeks a dissolution of the Dáil.

Looks like February could be back on the cards.

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    Leo saying that he's decided when he's going to call the election, but won't tell us as usual - preferring the usual dramatics first

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/election-2020-varadkar-says-he-has-made-decision-on-election-but-will-not-reveal-date-yet-1.4137362

It will be February. 100%.

He'll call in during the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭ddarcy

This is typical Leo. “It’s everyone else’s fault.”

He needs to be leader. As Truman said in the US, the buck stops here. When you’re in charge you’re responsible for everything going on below you. If it comes as a shock then you have incompetents below you that need to be ousted!

However he didn’t fit the leader bill.

Fg have to remove Varadkar as leader, he is toxic and he is done. Get Coveney in... That alone, despite every farce going, might be enough for them to win more seats than FF. So if they cost is removing that joke as taoiseach, I'd imagine it would be fairly good idea!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

_Kaiser_ wrote: »

I don't think it will be February. They need time and will haemorrhage a lot of seats on the back of the past week if it is a Feb election.

we can keep "come out ye black and tans" top of the charts, as long as needs be! I barely ever listen to the radio and have never put in a request, an exception will be made around the time of GE2020!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭ddarcy

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    I don't think it will be February. They need time and will haemorrhage a lot of seats on the back of the past week if it is a Feb election.

Don’t think they’ll have a choice. FF backbencher are saying they will vote no confidence in FG ministers going forward. Some of the indos FG rely on are saying they will abstain. Realistically he has no choice. He’ll try to pin it on somebody else, but it’s his own failings for why we are where we are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

A vote of no confidence is going to be tabled in Harris, the motion will pass due to the numbers. Leo knows the jig is up, but will not allow the decision to end this government be anyone's but his. The election will be called next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,998 ✭✭✭Augme

They have no choice. It seems they won't get past the no confidence vote for Simon Harris at the start of February. Better to now call it in their own terms rather than wait for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

ddarcy wrote: »
    This is typical Leo. “It’s everyone else’s fault.”

He needs to be leader. As Truman said in the US, the buck stops here. When you’re in charge you’re responsible for everything going on below you. If it comes as a shock then you have incompetents below you that need to be ousted!

However he didn’t fit the leader bill.

I don't see anything of substance to the man.he seems to have a massive lack of emotional intelligence. He would have done the country alot more good as a GP.

smurgen wrote: »
    I don't see anything of substance to the man.he seems to have a massive lack of emotional intelligence. He would have done the country alot more good as a GP.

absolutely, he must be one of those "book smart" , "street moron" types...

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Augme wrote: »
    They have no choice. It seems they won't get past the no confidence vote for Simon Harris at the start of February. Better to now call it in their own terms rather than wait for that.
    An election has to be called at most 30 days following dissolution.

Election will be either the 7th or the 14th of February going by Gavin Reilly's analysis on the vm1 news earlier.

It is mad to think that ultimately this govt imploded due to a TD from Cork named Michael Collins, and they'll be severely wounded going into that election by the last week's furore surrounding the black and tans.

It's actually surreal when you think about it. :D

It's happening in February regardless.
    I am looking forward to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭cannotlogin

I would prefer vote FG than FF due to historic past performance however FG are making it difficult especially in recent weeks.

Liked Leo before he was Taoiseach and he appeared somewhat capable, however his obsession with his personal image, media control, photo ops etc has turned me off, he has also made a huge number of statements which show him to be very out of touch with the ordinary citizen.

A change in Leadership to Simon Coveney, who appears to have more interest in actual politics than self promotion would improve party popularity.

I think Simon Harris has ability and does appear to have some strong skills but the Health portfolio was always going to be a tough one. In fairness, Ireland hadn't had a good minister for health in my living memory.

Eoghan Murphy, imo, just isn't competent or even likeable and if you don't have ability, you at least need charisma to compensate in some way. I think he's a bigger problem for FG than Harris.

FG also seems to include some woefully unsuitable people in the party:

Mary Mitchell O'Connor (I cannot think of one positive thing she has contributed, every time she opens her mouth it gets worse),

Charlie Flanagan (badly misjudged a lot of things & supports some questionable agendas)

Michelle Mulherin does the party no good either

Maria Walsh also appears to be like Leo in the style over substance category too

Dara Murphy, Maria Bailey, Verona Murphy also did a lot of damage

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭Bobtheman

Only an in bred would think FF would be any better

Advertisement