Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Compiling a list of FG poor performance

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,853 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

McMurphy wrote: »
    I wonder why they opted for a Saturday vote, I don't remember ever voting on a Saturday before.

closing schools is enough of a reason! totally ridiculous! also I know of people who work in the polling stations, in monday to friday jobs, who take an annual leave day for it...

• Registered Users Posts: 16,577 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

I wonder why they opted for a Saturday vote, I don't remember ever voting on a Saturday before.

Cos Leo is his own man, he doesn't play by the rules:P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,660 ✭✭✭Floppybits

They are trying to appeal to parents with kids in school by having it on a Saturday so they don't have to take time off work or find a child minder for the day.

Floppybits wrote: »
    They are trying to appeal to parents with kids in school by having it on a Saturday so they don't have to take time off work or find a child minder for the day.

and rightly so! as if the teachers or kids need another day off!

• Registered Users Posts: 69,184 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Is it confirmed?

I was planning on a city break that weekend. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Is it confirmed?

Was on Newstalk anyway, Pat Kenny announced it.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,971 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Is it confirmed?

And we have the answer, Francie is away!! :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Pintman Paddy Losty

Oh it's on now.

Looking forward to a spirited campaign. I'll be getting my shoes resoled. Lots of doors to knock on and canvas for the party.

Have to say I love election season. I'm extremely optimistic about FG this time I have to say.

As they say... Its about the economy, stupid.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Snow Garden

Oh it's on now.

Looking forward to a spirited campaign. I'll be getting my shoes resoled. Lots of doors to knock on and canvas for the party.

Have to say I love election season. I'm extremely optimistic about FG this time I have to say.

No offence Paddy but going by your previous record I think you will do more harm than good for FG :D

Seriously though you should put a bet on that FG will gain seats or gain the most seats. PaddyPower has election bets up already.

Oh it's on now.

assuming this is a troll, but if were just "about the economy stupid" FG wouldnt be looking at losing seats and possibly power... "Its about society stupid"!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

If his constituents re-elect this vile man, I will give up on the Irish electorate.
    Given what's in the field they might. It's him or Reilly as there is a FG quota. Otherwise looks FF, Lab, possibly Green with Louise O'Reilly of SF maybe at risk from a FF surge.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,184 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

blanch152 wrote: »
    And we have the answer, Francie is away!! :D:D:D

In his almost 60 years Francie has never missed a vote blanch. Try as they might they won't disenfranchise me! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,577 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Idbatterim wrote: »
    assuming this is a troll,

No I think he's a bona fide FG loyalist, maybe hamming it up a bit. If he was a WUM I reckon he would have tired of the act by now...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

No offence Paddy but going by your previous record I think you will do more harm than good for FG :D

Seriously though you should put a bet on that FG will gain seats or gain the most seats. PaddyPower has election bets up already.

It looks tight enough. Anything less than 45 seats for the effeffers would be a certified shambles. Mehole will need to pull up his socks.

https://www.oddschecker.com/politics/irish-politics/next-irish-general-election/most-seats

Whoever hoovers up the crank independents will win, as far as I can see.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,152 ✭✭✭✭charlie14

Perhaps hoping to get the vote of 3rd level student on the back of the same sex marriage and repeal the 8th. referendums, but if the new electoral register is not valid until the 15th. February quite a few of them will be ineligible to vote.

is_that_so wrote: »
    Given what's in the field they might. It's him or Reilly as there is a FG quota. Otherwise looks FF, Lab, possibly Green with Louise O'Reilly of SF maybe at risk from a FF surge.

Even if you were a die hard FG supporter, Farrell or Reilly would be a depressing choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

charlie14 wrote: »
    Even if you were a die hard FG supporter, Farrell or Reilly would be a depressing choice.

James Reilly:confused:

Surely he'll not have yet another go at being rejected:o

That's why they ran him in the bye-election. He's a good soldier!

Well Tipp return Lowry time and again and he's not popular in some quarters. It depends how locals view him.
    There is a quota in there and Reilly is not the man so ...

Well Tipp return Lowry time and again and he's not popular in some quarters. It depends how locals view him.
    There is a quota in there and Reilly is not the man so ...

In that constituency no matter how die hard a FG supporter I was, a vote for an independent would look a better idea.

• Advertisement

In that constituency no matter how die hard a FG supporter I was, a vote for an independent would look a better idea.
    I don't think there are too many of those around any more and you seem to be projecting your own feelings about him onto voters. The FG support in 2016 was at about 20%. Even if it falls away to 12%-13% there is still a seat. With the departure of Daly, it means that votes could be more widely distributed or scattered. That could certainly favour the likes of the Greens and Labour but it will mean for a very very long count!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

markodaly wrote: »
    How?

Traditionally it's done with a trowel and bricks.

We've covered this in great detail only for you to respond with ignorance and insults. I suggest you do a search.

By offering lots of tax breaks to their builder buddies.

And we know where that lead to before....

Paying them to build instead of buying or leasing and yes, there will likely be some envelopes. Still better than what FG are doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭ddarcy

In fairness to him, the other option is much worse. FG definitely have poor choices. Mary Mitchell O’Connor in Dun laoghaire is another disaster that should be dropped

Frau Murphy is going Indie. I hope she loses her arse.

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭ddarcy

Frau Murphy is going Indie. I hope she loses her arse.

It looks like in Sligo Harkin is running as an independent. Along with Perry Sligo may return what I would call a FG independent, but not a FG seat. There is definitely a lack of talent in FG here.

OK update on Dublin Fingal, something I forgot - Brendan Ryan of Labour is out as well. Whether that gives Farrell a better chance I don't know. It certainly makes it wide open.

I don't think there are too many of those around any more and you seem to be projecting your own feelings about him onto voters. The FG support in 2016 was at about 20%. Even if it falls away to 12%-13% there is still a seat. With the departure of Daly, it means that votes could be more widely distributed or scattered. That could certainly favour the likes of the Greens and Labour but it will mean for a very very long count![/QUOTE

I do not know Reilly, or indeed Farrell personally, so my feelings towards either is not personal, it`s political on their records.
    Farrell at this stage is self explanatory, and on Reilly l thought he was a very poor minister for health and a chancer when being so, by putting two primary care centers in his own constituency.

Politically I would view them as two very poor candidates.
    Farrell, as the sitting FG TD they could not do much about in selecting, but with Reilly failing to hold his seat in 2016 and getting another shot at it in the recent bye election where the FG vote fell from 20.1% of FPV GE 2016 to 14.8%.

If I was a FG supporter in Dublin Fingal I would be asking why he is still hanging around.
    Especially with Farrell also standing there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

A lively limerick celebrating Leo's record.

https://youtu.be/ye4XGG99wM4

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Pintman Paddy Losty

A lively limerick celebrating Leo's record.

https://youtu.be/ye4XGG99wM4

God that's very cringeworthy. Embarrassing really.

Advertisement