Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Compiling a list of FG poor performance

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

God that's very cringeworthy. Embarrassing really.

I found it rather funny tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

mattser wrote: »
    Gang crime began with this government ? Go for a walk in the fresh air will you.

Reading comprehension not a strong point is it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭Asitis2019

God that's very cringeworthy. Embarrassing really.

He can't even sing. Makes me want to go out an vote FG

Asitis2019 wrote: »

You should, sure isn't this what we want from government.

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/homeless-81-year-old-woman-found-outside-gpo-to-be-prioritised-for-housing-38851373.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭Asitis2019

• Advertisement

Fake news
    lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,477 ✭✭✭✭Ha Long Bay

Fake news
    lol.

https://www.rte.ie/news/dublin/2020/0110/1105529-homeless-woman-dublin/

"Although she gave her age as 81, outreach workers who have been assisting her for the past number of months say she is in her 60s."

"He said two nights hotel accommodation was secured for her through the city council."

john4321 wrote: »
    https://www.rte.ie/news/dublin/2020/0110/1105529-homeless-woman-dublin/

"Although she gave her age as 81, outreach workers who have been assisting her for the past number of months say she is in her 60s."

"He said two nights hotel accommodation was secured for her through the city council."

Ah that's great so the homeless woman is in her 60's makes it ok so. ;-)

Ah that's great so the homeless woman is in her 60's makes it ok so. ;-)

I was just pointing out it was indeed fake news. Do you want to remove your original post now that you know it's not true?

There is a full thread here on it.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058044544

I was just pointing out it was indeed fake news. Do you want to remove your original post now that you know it's not true?

Actually you'd probably be better informing the Times,Indo and Examiner to change her age. Btw that thread was started by a lad that claimed a photo in the Examiner showing overcrowding in Limerick A and E was fake news. An ardent fan of FG no matter what the occasion.

• Advertisement

Actually you'd probably be better informing the Times,Indo and Examiner to change her age. Btw that thread was started by a lad that claimed a photo in the Examiner showing overcrowding in Limerick A and E was fake news. An ardent fan of FG no matter what the occasion.

Why would I do that? I don't contact Breitbart every time they publish something. I would check to see if an article is valid before posting it and if it turned out to be false then retract it.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,867 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Fake news

This is the most idiotic phrase to come out of America and Trump in the last few years.

Constantly used as a lazy way to dismiss anything that someone doesn't want to hear.

In this case an elderly woman (60/80 whatever) with mental health issues was found wandering the streets late at night.

In no way should anyone consider that acceptable.

Why would I do that? I don't contact Breitbart every time they publish something. I would check to see if an article is valid before posting it and if it turned out to be false then retract it.

Breitbart? lol. The RTE link is on that thread you linked. Seems it's her age in question.

Breitbart? lol. The RTE link is on that thread you linked. Seems it's her age in question.

Not sure you are getting my point at all. What you posted originally was not true which was proven in the link I provided. I just asked you would you take retract the post when it was proven to be false thats all.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,568 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    Independents can't deliver unless they actually support a government. Unless they prop up and vote for the government they are unable to deliver on whatever idealistic garbage they spewed out to you on your doorstep.

Voting for an independent who is not interested in getting into government and implementing change is pointless and frankly a waste of your vote.
    I think there will be more independents than ever before in the next Dail. I'd be expecting those that I vote for to be interested in being part of a government. I'm not voting for them unless they are. I'm looking at voting for Independents who run on issues that need to be addressed in my area.
    It's time to be a me feiner, no use voting for people you can't trust to do the job.

Fine Gael are a jokeshop. Fianna Fail have a history of being crooked. Sinn Fein are clueless. Labour are horrendous. The Greens just want to tax us all to death. There is not one party worth a damn.

Not sure you are getting my point at all. What you posted originally was not true which was proven in the link I provided. I just asked you would you take retract the post when it was proven to be false thats all.

It's her age that's at issue from what I can see. Your link hasn't contradicted the rest of the Indo article. So nope I won't be removing it. Soz.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,152 ✭✭✭✭charlie14

I have heard the same said about the Wolfe Tones but "Come Out Ye Black and Tans" is selling like wildfire.

It is often the lyrics that make a song popular rather than the singer.

The O P is Jinglejangle69.
    Enough said.

charlie14 wrote: »
    The O P is Jinglejangle69.
    Enough said.

How do you mean? Is the original story 100% true or not?

Her age seems to be the only contentious issue which I acknowledged.

Btw is this fake news also?

https://amp.independent.ie/irish-news/health/hospital-probes-death-of-a-patient-who-may-have-fallen-off-trolley-in-crowded-a-and-e-38849507.html#referrer=https://www.google.com

• Advertisement

The O P in that links problem seems to be that the woman is in her 60`s rather than being 80.
    That appears from his post his whole reasoning for calling it fake news

Other than that I cannot see the difference in her situation.

Are you saying it is ok because she is in her 6o`s rather than 80 to call it fake news ?

It's not though it states in the other article that she was offered accommodation upon release from hospital which I also quoted in my original reply.

Just like this post you just linked another non verified article which in the URL even states "hospital-probes-death-of-a-patient-who-may-have-fallen-off-trolley"

It's not though it states in the other article that she was offered accommodation upon release from hospital which I also quoted in my original reply.
    In a hostel which she refused, considering some of the horror stories about hostels I can't say I blame her.
    Just like this post you just linked another non verified article which in the URL even states "hospital-probes-death-of-a-patient-who-may-have-fallen-off-trolley"

Non verified, you're funny.

https://www.limerickleader.ie/news/health/507488/man-found-dead-with-suspected-broken-neck-beside-his-hospital-trolley-at-uhl.html

Non verified, you're funny.

I didn't see anything else about it. Would you like mind putting up a link to the verified version?

I didn't see anything else about it. Would you like mind putting up a link to the verified version?

Happened in November , sure Jingle would have had a thread up by now saying it's fake. Do your own research, try Google I heard it's very good.

Happened in November , sure Jingle would have had a thread up by now saying it's fake. Do you own research, try Google I heard it's very good.

I'll leave it there if thats your level of debate.

I'll leave it there if thats your level of debate.

In fairness after you used the 'fake news' tag I was only indulging you out of politeness.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,719 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

Traditionally it's done with a trowel and bricks.

We've covered this in great detail only for you to respond with ignorance and insults. I suggest you do a search.

Funny, but again, how?

FF will build social houses.... using what to fund it?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,719 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    In this case an elderly woman (60/80 whatever) with mental health issues was found wandering the streets late at night.

Indeed it was a tragic bit of news, but the original version of the story was indeed 'fake'.

The women was not in her 80s as reported and she was not thrown out of the hospital to sleep on the streeets as orginally reported.

The woman, who has mental health issues wandered off, from her carers and was found by people helping the homeless. People put 2+2 together and with housing on everyones lips the story wrote itself, but of course most of it was not true.

So, we can go for the emtional outrage version of the story or go with the actual truth. People can choose.

• Advertisement

Idbatterim wrote: »
    absolutely ridiculous idea, they shouldnt be sold off in the first place ! and certainly not for the giveaway prices they are!

It's a good scheme and benefits a lot of people.

Advertisement