Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Compiling a list of FG poor performance

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

markodaly wrote: »
    The way its been portrayed that she was discharged from the hospital to be thrown out on the streets is also Fake News.
    You know this as well, but continue with lies.

Tell me, does it feel good to lie about things?

Who's lying, her age was in question. I posted the link of the updated piece on the journal. Still makes for uncomfortable reading I see.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,719 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

Who's lying, her age was in question. I posted the link of the updated piece on the journal. Still makes for uncomfortable reading I see.

You are lying dear sir.

https://www.rte.ie/news/dublin/2020/0110/1105529-homeless-woman-dublin/
    According to the Dublin Region Homeless Executive, the woman was discharged from St James's Hospital earlier in the day, but was with outreach workers who had supported accommodation available.

The executive also said that she has been engaged with it and there is a housing plan for her.

The real question is, how did she wander off herself, away from her carers.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,184 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Well to you, of course, it will come across like that, but you are never doing to vote for them anyway.

What some people want is for a FG TD to be heckled pillar to post without saying a word in reply.

I have given Heather Humphreys a vote before. She is a friend of the family and has done a lot for my partner in a personal way.

You should stop with the arrogant classifying of people mark.

You are lying dear sir.

Unless the author of the Journal article and I are the same person which we are not I suggest you withdraw your allegation.

I have given Heather Humphreys a vote before. She is a friend of the family and has done a lot for my partner in a personal way.

You should stop with the arrogant classifying of people mark.

I am sure, sure I hear you canvassed for them before! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Snow Garden

Coveney was actually a disgrace last night...marginally outdisgraced by Miriam's inability to do her job.

I told you Coveney would be found out. He is completely coached. Like a younger version of Enda.
    Leo is way more capable to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,371 ✭✭✭Phoebas

Apparently the age disparity makes this worthy of the 'Trumpism, fake news.

https://www.thejournal.ie/81-year-old-dublin-homeless-4961643-Jan2020/

It wasn't just her age that was wildly wrong (she's in her early 60s).
    The story went out that she was discharged from St James’s with nowhere to go, but she was discharged into the care of a social worker with a housing plan for her.

We've enough problems that are true without fake ones.

I am sure, sure I hear you canvassed for them before! :pac:

More arrogance mark. The kind that keeps getting Leo and Co. in trouble. Keep it up.

Unless the author of the Journal article and I are the same person which we are not I suggest you withdraw your allegation.

I have corrected you before on this matter, yet you persist on posting untrue Fake News time and time again. You had your chance to make amends.

You are lying when you repeated those falsehoods so therefore are a liar.

I told you Coveney would be found out. He is completely coached. Like a younger version of Enda.
    Leo is way more capable to be honest.

My point was Coveney has no need to engage like this, he's a capable politician.
    I think it maybe that FG are not ready for this election and are panicking a bit.

• Advertisement

Phoebas wrote: »
    It wasn't just her age that was wildly wrong (she's in her early 60s).
    The story went out that she was discharged from St James’s with nowhere to go, but she was discharged into the care of a social worker with a housing plan for her.

We've enough problems that are true without fake ones.

There is two narratives circulating here about the woman in question. It would appear from some here only RTE is telling the true story the rest of the media is lying (I won't use that Trump idocy that has become popular with some).

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Finnian McGrath claiming the FF party will win this election.

What does he know that the rest don't?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Funny, but again, how?

FF will build social houses.... using what to fund it?

The money we find for NCH over runs, Leasing for 25 years and buying from the market. Also as we go we'll need less for hotels and private landlords, vulture funds. Also we could charge vulture funds at a higher tax rate and so on.

We can get the money, we certainly get it for elsewhere.

There is two narratives circulating here about the woman in question. It would appear from some here only RTE is telling the true story the rest of the media is lying (I won't use that Trump idocy that has become popular with some).

Brilliant.

You are essentially saying that untruths are a different version of truths, like what Kelly Conway said about 'Alternative Facts'.

You are lying dear sir.

You've no manners MarkO.

The money we find for NCH over runs, Leasing for 25 years and buying from the market. Also as we go we'll need less for hotels and private landlords, vulture funds. Also we could vulture funds at a higher rate and so on.

We can get the money, we certainly get it for elsewhere.

Not this South Park economics again.

Brilliant.

You are essentially saying that untruths are a different version of truths, like what Kelly Conway said about 'Alternative Facts'.

Mark seriously you really need to lighten up a bit lad, I linked an article from the Journal which updated the story yet you accuse me of being a liar. I didn't write the article. I believe in the article there is a contact the editor button feel free to use it if you feel the story is incorrect.

Not this South Park economics again.

Whiff of Fine Gael off your attitude.
    If you don't know what your are talking about, best not chime in especially with an attitude as it makes you look like a bit of a tit.
    Here's me making stuff up with nothing to back it up once again :rolleyes:
    Enhanced Long Term Social Housing Leasing Scheme
    The Department of Housing, Planning and Local Government has introduced the Enhanced Long Term Social Housing Leasing Scheme in order to:

target newly built or yet to be built houses and apartments for leasing;
    target property developers and investors who are in a position to deliver housing at a reasonable scale; and
    provide for 25-year lease terms that require the property owner to provide day to day maintenance of the properties under a schedule of Management Services.https://www.housing.gov.ie/housing/social-housing/leasing/enhanced-long-term-social-housing-leasing-scheme

I await some guff about, 'going by the Gregorian calendar yes...but the Mayans...'.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,371 ✭✭✭Phoebas

No. The original stories were written in good faith before the true facts were known.

It only becomes a lie when you persist with the false version after the truth is known.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭tobsey

McMurphy wrote: »
    Finnian McGrath claiming the FF party will win this election.

What does he know that the rest don't?

It’s not that wild of a prediction. They are marginally behind FG based on recent polling. If the polls are reasonably accurate then FF could be the largest party but still miles away from forming a government

• Advertisement

tobsey wrote: »
    It’s not that wild of a prediction. They are marginally behind FG based on recent polling. If the polls are reasonably accurate then FF could be the largest party but still miles away from forming a government

My guess would be a slight reversal of roles for FF/FG not sure of FF bedfellows yet though.

Eagerly awaiting manifestos.

My guess would be a slight reversal of roles for FF/FG not sure of FF bedfellows yet though.

Eagerly awaiting manifestos.

But the FG brethren laughed at anyone cited their manifesto after the elections. Seems everything from bullies in other parties and falling off swings got in their way. Sure some of their number don't even turn up.
    The Manifesto is a gist.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Kalyke

Gen.Zhukov wrote: »
    There has been a massive increase in the 'talking over other people' from the FG crew during interviews and debates recently. While all politicians engage in this to some level, FG have ramped it up to 11.
    I noticed it over the last few months with; Keohe, Madigan, O’Dowd, Regina D and most recently, Coveney on prime time last night.

This is an obvious tactic introduced while FG were having some pre-election media training. The idea being, when your opponent is making valid and factual points about you/your party, interrupt-talk over-disrupt etc so the points are not made satisfactorily.

It’s an old and quite disgusting tactic and I hope the interviewers, presenters and debate moderators pick up on this and shut it down.
    Straight out of the BoJo and Cummings playbook I am afraid!

Ok, I'm not entirely "au fait" with the details of what exactly happened, but I see twitter is ablaze with tweets about the housing ministers team apparently placing election posters at the spot where a homeless man was seriously injured when machinery cleared the tent in which he was sleeping away.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,660 ✭✭✭Floppybits

But the FG brethren laughed at anyone cited their manifesto after the elections. Seems everything from bullies in other parties and falling off swings got in their way. Sure some of their number don't even turn up.
    The Manifesto is a gist.

Regina said no one reads the Manifestos.

Kalyke wrote: »
    Straight out of the BoJo and Cummings playbook I am afraid!

All politicians do this and have done it...is there anything more common in a politicians arsenal than - 'I didn't interrupt you...' but you are correct, the repeated shouting and interrupting by Coveney seemed to be designed along Trump/Johnson lines...'disrupt the message being given'.

Ok, I'm not entirely "au fait" with the details of what exactly happened, but I see twitter is ablaze with tweets about the housing ministers team apparently placing election posters at the spot where a homeless man was seriously injured when machinery cleared the tent in which he was sleeping away.

Jaysus that's a bit crass.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

https://www.thejournal.ie/homeless-man-serious-condition-tent-4966269-Jan2020/

You can see Murphys poster in the photo in the article

• Advertisement

FG have made cynicism and arrogance the norm. This chap would have been a national scandal several years ago, likely Varadkar won't even acknowledge it, forget Murphy.
    Likely the talk will be, 'why was he there?, brought it on himself'.

Advertisement