Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Compiling a list of FG poor performance

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Anonymous internet usernames v the Taoiseach of the fupping country.

Fair comparison and a salient observation.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,371 ✭✭✭Phoebas

I think you'll find Leo tried first. Everyone else was re
    acting to Leo. First gaff of the election.
    Have a read back. The majority of the complaints against Varadkar were not that he politicised it, but that he was responsible for (the conditions that led to) it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

Phoebas wrote: »
    Have a read back. The majority of the complaints against Varadkar were not that he politicised it, but that he was responsible for (the conditions that led to) it.

You claimed posters here tried to score points first, all I 'm showing is that it was Leo first out of the traps to try and politicise the scandal. Noone here is to blame for Leo's behaviour.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭nthclare

Wasn't this the party who took away the tax free allowance from separated and single fathers and made it so that they'll loose out on average 20 euros a week.

Knowing that a lot of couples are estranged and leaving it up to the mother at her choice whether she'd relinquish that tax free allowance and pass it to the father if her earnings changed, and she didn't have to relinquish it if she didn't want to.
    Maybe the dad could go the legal route no doubt walking on hot coals and lots of drama in the process.

Then proceed to take a tenner a week off the average worker every week incrementally between universal tax, paye, fuel and sugar hikes.

So they were able to do this without people really noticing id say a lot of people are down 80 euros a week since this crowd came into government.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Snow Garden

markodaly wrote: »
    Yes, an accident. So why was Leo quizzed about it from would be journalists fishing for a story, getting ready for the blame game?

Oh dear. Big mistake from Leo so early in the campaign. I think he needs a good nights sleep to be fair.

Regina Doherty came on to the Tonight Show at 11pm and was asked about the mayor story. She said to Ivan/Matt that she was campaigning all day and it was the first she heard of it. The whole panel just smiled. More lies from FG.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Hard to fathom that no-one in FG circles didn't have the foresight and gumption to say to someone don't put a poster of the housing minister up there where your man's accident took place, and for one of Leo's handler's to tell him to make sure and keep his neck wound in a bit when asked about it.

The millions they spent on the PR spin unit was absolutely wasted by the looks of things.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

McMurphy wrote: »
    Hard to fathom that no-one in FG circles didn't have the foresight and gumption to say to someone don't put a poster of the housing minister up there where your man's accident took place, and for one of Leo's handler's to tell him to make sure and keep his neck wound in a bit when asked about it.

The millions they spent on the PR spin unit was absolutely wasted by the looks of things.
    Oh, poster people can be quite thick in any organisation. All they see is a lovely empty pole! Even if it's not empty they'll still try to squeeze another one above the four already there!

https://twitter.com/iancognito16/status/1217738403007037440

Leo is terrible in public, reminds me of Scott Morrison's performance recently in Australia

Leo is terrible in public, reminds me of Scott Morrison's performance recently in Australia

What was said, very poor audio?

• Registered Users Posts: 69,184 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

For someone who should be so careful now more than ever, to dispel the 'arrogance' tag, that is awful. has he or his minders never heard of 'cameras'? Whatever about what she was asking, you can see it is a serious question, you cannot walk away from it, or be seen to be 'rescued' from it.

2 days on the trot.

• Advertisement

What was said, very poor audio?

Here she is explaining her questions herself.

https://twitter.com/0atmilk/status/1217523621666664449

Not overly important versus his immediate disdain and about face

For someone who should be so careful now more than ever, to dispel the 'arrogance' tag, that is awful. has he or his minders never heard of 'cameras'? Whatever about what she was asking, you can see it is a serious question, you cannot walk away from it, or be seen to be 'rescued' from it.

2 days on the trot.

I'm honestly shocked at the spin the Indo Reporter puts on it, and then the complete puff piece following him around for the day.

Honestly expect that level from his own campaign team and NOT from a member of the media.

Here she is explaining her questions herself.

https://twitter.com/0atmilk/status/1217523621666664449

Not overly important versus his immediate disdain and about face

Yeah it was hard to know was Hugh having a go at the woman or Leo. I've since seen a transcript of what she asked. It was reasonable but again Leo doesn't like to answer questions with anything other than a soundbite, contempt then is his goto.
    Not a great start for Leo as I said earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Not his finest moment but based on what she said there was a fair bit of grandstanding going on. Kitchen sink comments are very hard to respond to. Candidates will walk from that but they need to do so politely by thanking people for their time. I think if she'd zoned in on just one thing he would have engaged.

is_that_so wrote: »
    Not his finest moment but based on what she said there was a fair bit of grandstanding going on. Kitchen sink comments are very hard to respond to. Candidates will walk from that but they need to do so politely by thanking people for their time. I think if she'd zoned in on just one thing he would have engaged.

Public questions are often like this though, people are frustrated and not used to having the leader's ear so everything gets asked in one scatter-gun question.

Any political leader, worth their salt, can answer or engage on such even if to throw out statistics of how they are doing the job.

The blonde lady immediately coming to the rescue and the look of total disregard on Leo's face are shocking.
    Also, don't put your back to the wall and engage in a Q&A literally surrounded by people, if you can not handle when the questions get uncomfortable, there is no graceful exit.

I'm honestly shocked at the spin the Indo Reporter puts on it, and then the complete puff piece following him around for the day.

Honestly expect that level from his own campaign team and NOT from a member of the media.

Hugh Connell even when he was with the Journal.ie was always sympathetic towards FG, maybe it's helped in part by his sister being a FG TD.
    Posters on the Journal used to refer to him as ' true blue Hugh'.

I think you might see Leo getting the Kenny treatment soon.

Remember the jokes about FG having Enda locked in a cellar?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,719 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

I guess you aren't shocked at the level of racism on display on the subsequent Twitter thread?

This is going to a lonnng campaign for the perpetually outraged if this gets them so worked up.

I think you might see Leo getting the Kenny treatment soon.

Remember the jokes about FG having Enda locked in a cellar?

When VB told him Enda should go away and kill himself, those 'jokes'? :rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Snow Garden

When VB told him Enda should go away and kill himself, those 'jokes'? :rolleyes:

I thought Bertie told Morgan Kelly to kill himself?

Did VB say that to Enda?

• Advertisement

No, the ones about FG having Enda locked in a cellar because his arrogance was showing.

Not VB's greatest moment but it gave Enda the prefect excuse to avoid any interview with VB.

https://www.thejournal.ie/vincent-browne-to-apologise-over-kenny-remark-30969-Oct2010/

I thought Bertie told Morgan Kelly to kill himself?

Did VB say that to Enda?

Nope this is what Bertie said.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/taoiseach-apologises-for-suicide-comments-1.809130

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭Riva10

Given his successes (Few) and failures (Many) Leo will best be remembered for elevating The Wolf Tones redition of "Come out ye Black and Tans to The UK's best selling record. No mean feat imo.:rolleyes::D

Not VB's greatest moment but it gave Enda the prefect excuse to avoid any interview with VB.

https://www.thejournal.ie/vincent-browne-to-apologise-over-kenny-remark-30969-Oct2010/

He was 100% correct to avoid him. A despicable comment to make when so many people commit suicide every year.

He was 100% correct to avoid him. A despicable comment to make when so many people commit suicide every year.

Enda avoided alot of people, he once fell over a flower pot trying to avoid questions from Ursula Halligan. I believe Endas chief of staff tried to alledge Halligan assaulted Enda. I'll have a look for the relevant piece.
    Got it....

• Registered Users Posts: 27,971 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

McMurphy wrote: »

Are you suggesting that they put the poster up after the incident, and in full knowledge of it?

Of all the conspiracy theories around here, that is the most bizarre.

nthclare wrote: »
    Wasn't this the party who took away the tax free allowance from separated and single fathers and made it so that they'll loose out on average 20 euros a week.

Knowing that a lot of couples are estranged and leaving it up to the mother at her choice whether she'd relinquish that tax free allowance and pass it to the father if her earnings changed, and she didn't have to relinquish it if she didn't want to.
    Maybe the dad could go the legal route no doubt walking on hot coals and lots of drama in the process.

Do you see something wrong with empowering separated women to make financial choices for themselves independent from the man they used to be married to?

• Advertisement

Vincent Browne was chairperson of Young FG in college. Later on, he wanted to run in the elections for FG but John Bruton laughed him out the door. He never said a good word about FG ever again.

Advertisement